Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 00:52   #16
BHPian

Jatinder, to start with you have to make a strong sponsorship proposal customized to each company you would like to target, and exactly how these companies would benefit by sponsoring you....cheers.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:26   #17
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Here is the top news.... Jatinder and Karan have joined hands to take part in Raid De Himalaya 2010.... CHEERS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcererenator View Post
Jatinder, to start with you have to make a strong sponsorship proposal customized to each company you would like to target, and exactly how these companies would benefit by sponsoring you....cheers.
Thank You Sorcererenator, I am trying my level best. Hope if I found something...

regards,
Jatinder

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st April 2011 at 11:29. Reason: posts merged
Old 21st May 2010, 16:10   #18
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have registered in the ProStock category and have started the documentation. I would love to start a blog on the whole story sometime soon, but work and family stuff does not leave me enough time to sit on the computer for too long.

Will start a new thread on this sometime soon.

Meanwhile I still do not have a confirmed CoDriver, so if anyone is interested please PM me or send a mail on rattan.gangadhar@gmail.com.

Regards,

Rattan Gangadhar
+91 9980003967
Old 21st May 2010, 16:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Dear Ratan
can i drive! i am a shitty navigator.

what car are you taking BTW.
Old 21st May 2010, 16:31   #20
BHPian

Preping the Gypsy King for the RAID. I am a bad Navigator as well. Not very good at taking notes, etc.

Nice try :-D
Old 21st May 2010, 16:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsago View Post
Hello everyone,

I have registered in the ProStock category and have started the documentation. I would love to start a blog on the whole story sometime soon, but work and family stuff does not leave me enough time to sit on the computer for too long.

Will start a new thread on this sometime soon.

Meanwhile I still do not have a confirmed CoDriver, so if anyone is interested please PM me or send a mail on rattan.gangadhar@gmail.com.

Regards,

Rattan Gangadhar
+91 9980003967
Hi Rattan,

I would be interested. Will call you.

Cheers
Old 21st May 2010, 17:21   #22
BHPian

I have registered for the two wheel extreme catogory. Any more bikers here. Well I have bought a Hero Honda karizma and plan to do a reacky sometime next month any one intrested ?
Old 21st May 2010, 17:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsago View Post
Preping the Gypsy King for the RAID. I am a bad Navigator as well. Not very good at taking notes, etc.

Nice try :-D
If you find someone then its fine. Or in the end I will go, seriously.!

Its will be a one of a kind, two driver who are shitty navigators. But one thing is sure, I am good at mending things, especially cars.

We will share the expense of everything.

--Kenden

Last edited by SirAlec : 21st May 2010 at 17:39.
Old 21st May 2010, 23:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ok even I am in. I am a very good driver (hehe) and an Ok navigator. I have done some parts of this route before so am familiar with the general layout. I would have participated as a driver but for lack of vitamin M.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:36   #25
BHPian

Me and Karan are too confirmed in Adventure Category... Hip Hip Hurray...

regards,
Jatinder Shukla
Old 29th June 2010, 09:17   #26
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Now we have completed all the formalities for RDH (Adventure Cat). We are preparing a Gypsy, my questions are :

1. What kind of navigation system we should use? (As we both are drivers and know nothing about Navigation)

2. What is terratrip and how much it costs?

3. What is GPS based systems, how to get them, what are rates, how to install etc. etc. etc. ???

Please suggest.

regards,
Jatinder
Old 29th June 2010, 15:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

For the rally you will be provided with the navigation charts for the entire route. So you need not worry. GPS systems are from satnav and map my India. Go through their sites.
Old 30th June 2010, 10:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiontodrive View Post
Dear Friends,

Now we have completed all the formalities for RDH (Adventure Cat). We are preparing a Gypsy, my questions are :

1. What kind of navigation system we should use? (As we both are drivers and know nothing about Navigation)

2. What is terratrip and how much it costs?

3. What is GPS based systems, how to get them, what are rates, how to install etc. etc. etc. ???

Please suggest.

regards,
Jatinder
Since it is for adventure category here are my 2 cents.
1. Firstly get hold of a graphic calculator. Casio makes the best of them as they are fast and easy to input, should cost around 6K. Get it programmed by someone who knows navigation. This is required to calculate time as adventure is basically a TSD rally. Get hold of some TSD rally tulips (road books) and practise calculation of time based on speed and distance. Also reaad through the whole roadbook and understand what each line in the book says. If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask me.

2. Terratrip is a digital tripmeter. It has some features one requires for rallying like dot to dot calibration of 1 km as per the tyre your gypsy will have. The basic advantage of Terratrip is accuracy.

There are basically 2 versions of Terratrip, 202+ and 303+. The only difference being that the 303+ has an option of time (not required in most cases) and a remote display that shows the intermediate distance or speed, which can be fixed on the driver side. As per experience of using both i would say the remote display and time function are of no use as one wont have time to go through so many features in Terratrip during a rally.

Along with either you have to get a probe (it is the sensor that picks up the speed or distance that Terratrip shows). I am not sure which type of probe is required for the Gypsy but i suppose the Universal Probe is what fits it, but still confirm it with regular rallyists. A combination of 202+ and the Universal Probe could be bought for anywhere between 14K to 16K depending on which website gives you the best deal. 303+ and Probe would be in excess of 18K. Now i am not sure if there is anyone who brings down Terratrip in bulk but the normal route is to purchase it online and either get it shipped or get someone to bring it from abroad (whichever is cheaper).

3. You can get hold of GPS systems from Garmin, various models are available for anywhere between 13K to 50K. What you must keep in mind is that the GPS system you need for the rally has to have a method to install or upload maps from MicroSD cards or USB. Also it should have location editing options.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:53   #29
BHPian

Thank You very much wanderernomad and NOS Power for your valuable feedback.. thanx a lot..

regards,
Jatinder
Old 23rd August 2010, 07:28   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

@Passiontodrive: Before you go about using GPS/Terratrip be aware that there are extra penalties applied when you use these systems. So unless you are totally clues in it actually turns out to be more problematic to use these systems.

Just a heads up for any interested TSD participants http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-tsd-camp.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks