Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2011, 13:05   #91
BHPian

Re: Raid de Himalaya 2010

@amrisharm: You are always welcome, thank you.

I have not driven gypsy in my life before this, only few thousand kilometers after delivery of vehicle till raid. Cabin heat is bearable, if you check the pictures of gypsy you will found an air scoop on top of the cabin (outside), that is meant for air ventilation and fresh air flow in cabin, but in our case we fitted the air scoop but all the points were closed because in cold areas of Ladakh, cabin will be freezing like anything, heat helps us a lot keeping our bodies warm, but yes, in plains that too around month of August it will be like hell. To avoid that situation you can open its points for fresh air when not in Raid.

Last edited by Passiontodrive : 8th March 2011 at 13:07. Reason: reposting
Old 8th March 2011, 13:17   #92
BHPian

Another question passiontodrive that just popped into my head, during the raid, your vehicle was checked by a mechanic and a few parts replaced. my question is, who supplied u with that mechanic? is it part of the raid de himalaya support team?

how much do we have to pay to have mechanical support? or is it pay per service?

Also for the gypsy what if we break something on the journey and we have not carried that part ourselves? can we buy that from anywhere out there? does maruti suzuki have a support team with spares coming along during the trip as they are the title sponsor?
Old 9th March 2011, 09:00   #93
BHPian

amrisharm: Mechanics were provided by HMA (Himalaya Motorsport Association) or you can say raid de himalaya team. It is part of the raid support team. But you have to book them in advance i.e. months prior to the raid.

Charges for mechanical support were 10k last year. They will service only registered vehicles which have paid 10k, no per day or per service option.

During journey there were total 3 service vehicles provided (only for those who opted for above option) one ahead of the raid, one in between and one in the last, so that in case of any breakdown you will get mechanical support as early as possible, they have almost all the parts of gypsy but subject to the availability, so keeping extra parts with you is not a bad idea at all. You can buy parts from anywhere but once we crossed manali you will hardly find any repair shop. No support team etc. from Maruti Suzuki.
Old 22nd July 2011, 22:26   #94
BHPian

MODERATOR NOTE:

POST DELETED. Please type in English language only.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks