Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 09:07   #1

Raid de Himalaya 2010

Dear Friends,
I am planning to participate in Raid de Himalaya 2010. It will be my first time. I am looking for 1 partner, preferably with some experience. I will bear all expenses. Any one interested in joining me in this adventure, pls contact me nk2025 gmail com. Put Raid de Himalaya 2010 in subject line.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:00   #2
BHPian

dear frnd , you are too late , its already over in october itself . better luck next time
Old 6th December 2009, 22:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
dear frnd , you are too late , its already over in october itself . better luck next time
Please read the title. He is talking about 2010. Early registrations for which open only in Apr-May for the race in Oct.

@ Karan: i was planning to do the Raid next year (2010) after doing the same circuit this year as a holiday but somehow things dont look promising at the moment.

Im assuming that you are intending to do the Adventure Category TSD format. BTW what vehicle do you intend to do in.

All the Best
Old 14th December 2009, 16:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Karan
Just to pep you up and your spirit, a couple of years ago a honeymoon couple drove their Zen from Mumbai and actually finished the rally. I am sure you can emulate that and not depend on anyone else. This rally being heavily supervised and professionally managed you shouldn't feel overawed by it. I am sure you can do it.
Sudipto
Old 18th January 2010, 14:48   #5
BHPian

Hay Karan,

I would love to join you but i am too scared being a navigator. Though i plan to participate on a bike this year. Let me know your plan and any way i can help you.

Rajnish
Old 12th February 2010, 12:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Karan
Just to pep you up and your spirit, a couple of years ago a honeymoon couple drove their Zen from Mumbai and actually finished the rally. I am sure you can emulate that and not depend on anyone else. This rally being heavily supervised and professionally managed you shouldn't feel overawed by it. I am sure you can do it.
Sudipto
Well, this goes back even further back. I guess the first honeymoon couple (driving a Hyundai Accent) to do the Raid was in 2005 and then yours truly (driving a stock WagonR) in 2006. Both completed the Reliability trial as it was known then.

@Karan: Trust me, till the time you know the limits of your machine, you can have a pretty safe time there barring any bad luck. Enjoy!
Old 12th February 2010, 12:44   #7
BHPian

Hey Karan,

Great Initiative. I would like to accompany you because of the following:

1. Recently i made a trip from manali-leh
2. My MBA completes in a week & my DoJ would be quite late. So, i have about 4 months to study & plan the route.
3. I was always fascinated by this rally concept & wanted to try my hand.

A few queries to all:

Can the navigator drive too?
What are the prerequisites for participation?

--Dream High Fly Higher
Old 21st February 2010, 21:28   #8
BHPian

Karan, dropped u an email nk2025@gmail.com. DO check it!
Old 17th March 2010, 09:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanx View Post
Dear Friends,
I am planning to participate in Raid de Himalaya 2010. It will be my first time. I am looking for 1 partner, preferably with some experience. I will bear all expenses. Any one interested in joining me in this adventure, pls contact me nk2025 gmail com. Put Raid de Himalaya 2010 in subject line.
Dear Karan,
I am also planning to participate in Raid de Himalaya 2010. What I have learned so far is: We need to plan it in March 2010 i.e. present month, as the entries starts from April 1st, and after that with late fee. It will take enough time to get all the documents in place (e.g. Maximum risk insurence for vehicle and pessengers, Licence from Motorsport Association of India for Driver and Navigator and other formailities. If your mood is still on please confirm. And also vehicles suggested by other Raid Drivers are: Maruti Gypsy or Maruti Esteem. I am planning to buy a new Maruti Gypsy, which is quite a difficult for any individual, so in my view together we can easily plan.

regards,
Jatinder
Old 24th March 2010, 16:45   #10
BHPian

I just checked the Raid website. They do not have the dates for the 2010 version. Last year the early bird entries were open from 1st April 2009 to 15th May 2010.

I am thinking of particpating as well, though I am not sure if I can raise the money by then.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsago View Post
I just checked the Raid website. They do not have the dates for the 2010 version. Last year the early bird entries were open from 1st April 2009 to 15th May 2010.

I am thinking of particpating as well, though I am not sure if I can raise the money by then.
The link for 2010 has been added and all other things are from 2009. the site gets generally updated by 1st april every year.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:16   #12
BHPian

Hi Everyone

I am went through the Raid website and they strongly recommend that first time Raid participants should enter in the Adventure category. Unfortunately the adventure category allows minimum changes in the suspension. These are the options I have and would like some help to make a decision.

Option 1 - Participate in the Maruti Gypsy. Will have to add a roll cage and fiberglass top. I was originally thinking of upgrading the suspension but looks like they will not allow that.

Option 2 - Participate in the Maruti 800. I already have a 2" lift, which is allowed. The 800 would need some engine overhaul and a roll cage, but otherwise should be good to go. Since it is a carb engine should be able to adjust to altitude changes with new jets. Not sure if the regulations will allow that

Option 3 - Setup the Gypsy for xtreme category and hope that organizers will allow me to participate in that category.

I have to take a decision on this as all preperation for the next few months will depend on this. Any feedback is welcome
Old 4th April 2010, 18:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone

I am went through the Raid website and they strongly recommend that first time Raid participants should enter in the Adventure category. Unfortunately the adventure category allows minimum changes in the suspension. These are the options I have and would like some help to make a decision.

Option 1 - Participate in the Maruti Gypsy. Will have to add a roll cage and fiberglass top. I was originally thinking of upgrading the suspension but looks like they will not allow that.

Option 2 - Participate in the Maruti 800. I already have a 2" lift, which is allowed. The 800 would need some engine overhaul and a roll cage, but otherwise should be good to go. Since it is a carb engine should be able to adjust to altitude changes with new jets. Not sure if the regulations will allow that

Option 3 - Setup the Gypsy for xtreme category and hope that organizers will allow me to participate in that category.

I have to take a decision on this as all preperation for the next few months will depend on this. Any feedback is welcome
Buddy,

Prepare a gypsy and prepare it well. Try and complete the adventure category, I can bet you its not going to be easy this time. Look at the Raid route and you will be stunned.

H* I* M* A* L* A* Y* A* N**** M* O* T* O* R* S* P* O* R* T

the adventure category will provably run the same route.
Old 4th April 2010, 23:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Dude, check out the raid website again. They have an update.

An all new category that allows adventure trial to have all sorts of mods.

What a route its gonna be this year.. Phewwwww
Old 9th April 2010, 19:46   #15
BHPian

Raid De Himalaya 2010

Hi Friends,
I am taking part in Raid De Himalaya 2010 with my partner, Can somebody suggest anything about sponsorships? How a person from a small town will find it? Any other suggestions ... WELCOME

regards,
Jatinder

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks