Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2005, 10:57   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Yes, it is Sunday 30th October confirmed.

Sad but probably true. Unless he can manage to get a lot of funds to keep his seat. And now there's no Minardi to fall back on either.
actully i dont agree to that as i think narain will stay at jordan as now even gautam singhania is also sponsoring him and he has had talks with DR . vijay mallya on helping narain further as mr, malla himeself had funded the benneton f1 team sum years back ! i guess narain would b in a jordan next year too or he might get a test driver role in red bull as red bull was 1 of his major sponsores in the previous years ! !! lets wait and watch but we all hope to see him in f1 for a longer time and pray to see him in the chapionship points respectively ( unlike the indianapolis grand prix )
Old 3rd October 2005, 11:29   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Driving an F1 car down marine drive is just pure bliss!! He is creating history :P
Old 3rd October 2005, 11:41   #33
BANNED

Hey Guys,

I just met one of the main organisers last night and there is a possibility of the venue being changed to Bandra Reclamation due to traffic problems.

Also they want the road shut for traffic as it is going to be a high speed blast. Reclamation also looks feasible as they can shut the road and the surface is concrete and smooth hence less chances of damage to the car.

Will keep you guys posted on any developements. Also there will be VIP passes which I can get my hands on for few of us here.

Viper
Old 4th October 2005, 17:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

vipers right. i told u they were deciding between marine drive and reclmatn. seems the run will start from worli seaface and go to reclamation and back. if my dream comes true im gonna put a team bhp BANNER on my car if they let me.
Old 4th October 2005, 17:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
worli seaface and go to reclamation and back.
Huh! I don't see how that's possible! That's far too large an area to barracade. Plus the entire road would have to be resurfaced. Plus the road goes through some less than presentable area's. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Either they run it up and down reclamation or they run at Marine Drive or Worli Seaface. From the three, you can't better the Queen's Necklace for sheer visual appeal.
Old 5th October 2005, 22:09   #36
BHPian

marine drive in its current configuration is not feasible because it is not completely smooth with a lot of bumps. even the jordan moving at really really low speeds wont be able to drive without scraping the road surface. so they would have to resurface the entire stretch which i dont think will happen. same i think goes to seaface and the road till reclamation.
so i guess bandra will end up with the honoure but i would rather prefer it to be at marine drive than anywhere else.
Old 5th October 2005, 23:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247

and guys...this is ur chance to see an F1 car fall apart too, so grab all the carbon fibre u can
if we had NASA they would warn us about it being radio active
Old 5th October 2005, 23:56   #38
Team-BHP Support

Forget bandra or Worli, the Queens necklace it is. Work has begun on the road already.
Old 6th October 2005, 01:28   #39
BHPian

^^^ Hurrah that has got me smiling again RTech!

The news of the drive happening at Bandra Recl just saddened me because all that Bnadra Recl reminds me of is ill management of events and thousands of people being shooed away from the venue for lack of space.
Old 6th October 2005, 07:35   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Forget bandra or Worli, the Queens necklace it is. Work has begun on the road already.
What work?
I guess they are fillin up the small potholes and flattening the road... swwweett... so we all now get to drive on the one road thats the closest to the race track feel!
Old 6th October 2005, 10:04   #41
Team-BHP Support

not really sahil...they will only do up the part of the road that will be used. Not the entire stretch.
Old 10th October 2005, 04:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
not really sahil...they will only do up the part of the road that will be used. Not the entire stretch.
so which part is that going to be towards valkeshwar or away and any idea which patch.

but as sahil said at least that patch will be really smooth....but i wonder how long that will last. why dont they give the road contract to some foriegn company.it would make a world of a difference !!

on marine drive while going towards valkeshwar just where that bridge from dhoby talao come and enters marine drive that section of the road specially the right most lane is in very very bad shape.so go slowly and if possible dont stay in the last lane.i noticed this today when i was doing about 80 and suddenly i came across that patch.

Rev

p.s sorry for the one extra smiley .
Old 18th October 2005, 09:44   #43
BANNED

Hey Guys,

The Jordan drive is postponed for either November or December as per an article in todays Times Of India.

Viper
Old 18th October 2005, 10:36   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Guys,

The Jordan drive is postponed for either November or December as per an article in todays Times Of India.

Viper
Shortage of cars, no doubt!!!!
Old 2nd November 2005, 14:56   #45
BHPian

so now when is the show going to begin in mumbai?

do you guys have any idea?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks