Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics guys!!! where is the timing sheet??
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Any idea of the results?
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to the winners. Detailed report with pics / video's from the winners would be nice. please post guys.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad gang, please upload the videos that you have.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:21   #65
BHPian

got this pic , gtr vs supra

GTR sounded gorgeous
Attached Thumbnails
JAN Racing & APMC Drag on 19 to 21st Feb 2010-gtr-vs-supra.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2010, 18:48   #66
BANNED

where is the Supra??
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
where is the Supra??
lol you nailed it man!!!

I felt the same! For a moment i thought the Supra won then I saw it in the background!!!
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

About the peugeot (team mars), which looks crazy, what was its ET? And why does it have rear discs? And whats that pipe like thing protruding from its left rear door? And wat engine is it runnin on?

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd February 2010 at 22:03. Reason: Please avoid using SMS language. Thanks
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
lol you nailed it man!!!

I felt the same! For a moment i thought the Supra won then I saw it in the background!!!

Woah. He just got whooped!! And people were talking about the Supra beating the skyline(GS). Well hes gotta lot of work to do. Going by that picture, hes wayyyyyy off.
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:33   #70
BHPian

The Peugeot did not fare well on "D" day . There were 2 runs

a) 17 odd secs
b) 15.2 secs.

The first run was hampered with a faulty shift to 3rd and the second was due to the rev limiter kicking in at launch . HOWEVER , they did manage to do an official timing of 13.9 sec on Sat during the trials.

The Vehicle as such was conceptualized , designed and built by Prabhu and Suren ( Suren181) of Team Mars with the thought of building a rear engined car from scratch. The engine is a bone stock 2.4 Accord. The complete engine mount and front half of the chassis frame from an Accord(type 2) was redesigned to fit the rear of the 309 ( this will explain the rear disc setup as well) . The 309 body was chosen for its rigidity and has proved right.

The amount of time spent on trying to literally build a car form scratch instead of taking a proven vehicle and having add ons to perform certainly had many of their friends hooked onto the project as well and quite a few t-bhpians from other states have had their valuable inputs being implemented. The build , test and modify experience has ranged from not being able to go over 60 unless one wanted to feel like he was skating on ice to touching 160kmph in 14secs without even opening the engine up!!. The pipe like thing is their very own "cold air intake" design with drain pipes, lol. As much as i can recall , there are about 8 cars in total within that build and its still a work in progress.

With a spanner here and a spanner there , we are all looking forward to this car reaching its potential one day.

Just on a side note : The paint job executed on this car is well worth a mention.
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
About the peugeot (team mars), which looks crazy, what was its ET? And why does it have rear discs? And whats that pipe like thing protruding from its left rear door? And wat engine is it runnin on?
Answering you questions point wise..

It did a 14.xx time.
Its a rear engine car.
The pipe is the airfilter/intake.
Its running a Honda Accord 2.4 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Woah. He just got whooped!! And people were talking about the Supra beating the skyline(GS). Well hes gotta lot of work to do. Going by that picture, hes wayyyyyy off.

That GT-R is by no means stock, its pretty decently modded and interior is fully stripped. And to be fair to the Supra, he had traction issues with the car as there was some mud/sand on the strip.
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:44   #72
BHPian

Well Karthik. I do respect the specific Supra for its performance on back to back basis during all the races. But whatever said and done dont you feel even if the Shabbir would have got things right (the launch, no mud/dirt beneath) the GTR wouldnt have stood any chance?

Cause as per you and as per heard on the same thread that teh GTR was stripped and modified too. Well, I felt bad for the Supra but bow down to the GTR
Old 24th February 2010, 00:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post

That GT-R is by no means stock, its pretty decently modded and interior is fully stripped. And to be fair to the Supra, he had traction issues with the car as there was some mud/sand on the strip.
But isnt the supra HEAVILY modded. Better luck next time i guess.
Old 24th February 2010, 00:18   #74
Senior - BHPian

It must be putting the same power or even more than the GT-R. But like i said, no one knows how much that Nissan is putting out, and it also seems to have the works.

Besides that, in the GT-R everything from the launch to the gearshifts are taken car of, but in the Supra, the driver has to work it.
Old 24th February 2010, 02:08   #75
Senior - BHPian

How did the blue Cefiro do. Any timings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The Vehicle as such was conceptualized , designed and built by Prabhu and Suren ( Suren181) of Team Mars with the thought of building a rear engined car from scratch. The engine is a bone stock 2.4 Accord. The complete engine mount and front half of the chassis frame from an Accord(type 2) was redesigned to fit the rear of the 309 ( this will explain the rear disc setup as well) . The 309 body was chosen for its rigidity and has proved right.
Sounds very interesting. Look forward to a technical feature on this car with pics.

Last edited by Mpower : 24th February 2010 at 02:15.

Most Viewed