Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 22:06   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger View Post
hey header's im not here to get into any sort of arguement with anyone about who's fast & who's not,2:09 the car was running a stock engine,standard compression,stock intake manifold,mild cam & ecu in which the map is way off,close to stock suspension,as i mentioned earlier this is just the preliminary stages the cars from bombay are going to go through some serious changes & im not speaking on behalf of any participating team,so let jk round be the proving ground for everyone,may the best win,cheers,happy revving..!
Dude, I am ready to buy only one statement of yours. We spoke to those guys personally and trust me with a close to stock suspension those cars cant play on the track so aggressively .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I think i saw an OHC in one of the pics. Was it a VTEC, 1.5 or 1.3 and how did it fare? Didn't any of the other cars (Baleno, Verna, RS, OHC, Fiesta etc) use the transponder?

Shan2nu
It was a VTEC.

Guys what about the M 800??

I am sure there was something special under hood, we had kept a watch on that car from Bangalore, he was very fast and quick… when we were doing 120 Kms/Hr this guy just passed through us and I am sure he was doing some were close to 140 Kms/Hr. Even on track he was best
Old 9th March 2010, 22:13   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
I think i saw an OHC in one of the pics. Was it a VTEC, 1.5 or 1.3 and how did it fare? Didn't any of the other cars (Baleno, Verna, RS, OHC, Fiesta etc) use the transponder?

Shan2nu
That is Megazoid's OHC Vtec with some mods. He's from Bangalore. His car was flying on the track! He didnt do too many laps actually, but from what I hear, riding shotgun with him is an experience NOT to be missed.

Hari, next time you HAVE to take me round in your car.

The OHC, RS, etc didnt get timed with the transponder because they left the track by the time the transponders were taken out. We got the transponders only by 4:40-4:45. Those guys had left since they had to drive back to B'lore.

The two Balenos on track were pretty much stock IIRC. The Fiesta 1.6S were being driven quite carefully. I dont know about Sathee46's S, but Gilead was taking it easy and enjoying himself.

I think Gilead did get timed. Check the timing sheets.

But from a video posted earlier in this thread, a stock 1.6S in the hands of Gaurav Gill went round the track in 2:20. Only a second or so faster than a fat guy(who was driving on the track for the first time ever) in an NHC vtec with AD07s

That's the kind of difference AD07s can make!

@VinayVtec --- He is definitely running some mods. What those mods are, I dont know. Also, Manek knows the track very well.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:18   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, I am ready to buy only one statement of yours. We spoke to those guys personally and trust me with a close to stock suspension those cars cant play on the track so aggressively .
Lets not consider track spec cars here. It'l just lead to unwanted arguements on what is stock and what is not. They are in a diff league altogether and if they were using track tyres, that itself will make a big diff.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 9th March 2010 at 22:20.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:47   #424
Senior - BHPian

Here are two small guys having a whale of a time watching the cars whiz by!

Old 9th March 2010, 23:04   #425
BHPian

A good meet. Met a few new faces and a lot of old ones. Personally a really disappointing track day. Did just 8 - 10 laps in my misbehaving car. There was no point in pushing it the minute I knew it was not 100%.

Was pleasantly surprised with the Accent crdi and the Verna crdi. Both cars were quick. The Accent handled pretty well when pushed. The Verna was a little twitchy around the corners but I guess If you know how to hold it by the scruff of the neck you can be pretty quick. That was exactly what Prasanna was doing towards the end after taking it a little careful towards the beginning. Propeller was brilliant for a first timer in the accent.

Fiery Enzyme's (Bala) Baleno was quick as well but the tires were letting it down.

The mistress was really quick and as far as I know Nitrous has a few more cards up his sleeve for the next track day.

Hot Rod - Boy I guess you earned a few praises for being pretty good after all the pre-track day commotion

It was quite unfortunate that John's esteem was down with a heating problem. It would have been quite a scene to see John do some really quick laps.

Venom Rider was spitting Venom as usual with bald tires which were begging for mercy and Manek justified 'The madman on wheels' tag. He was brilliant in that 800. Guess Hrishi too was belting that Indica around the track.

Nikhil seemed pretty quick as his times suggest and so were the Santro and Matiz. Did not get to see the other cars in action.

A serious downside to an otherwise great Sunday were those menacing morons who drove like they owned the track. I would not want to specify which car or who the driver was, but guess everyone on track knew who they were. For heaven's sake, it was like a mega Karting Jaunt. I know atleast 5-6 of our cars spinning out thanks to a few objectionable antics from the notorious bunch.
Old 9th March 2010, 23:04   #426
BHPian

does anyone have a video of the jag on the track? (taken from the outside)

Last edited by jagxf : 9th March 2010 at 23:10.
Old 9th March 2010, 23:32   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Wow! the look on her face is . you guys had a ball of a time - looking for more pics and videos.

@ Rahul - the intake note is superb - which gear were you on mostly?
i was in 3rd gear mostly and in some corners 2nd.

@Neo excellent pics, as always . i am PMing you my email please send these for me
Old 9th March 2010, 23:38   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Did not get to see the other cars in action.
You missed my car ? How could you ?
Vijay set-out :(
I'm calling you "donkey" officially from now on.

Now now, don't cry. I'm just kidding man and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

YouTube - Team-BHP Track Day-3
Gansan, Thanks a lot sir.

I've been (or rather my zen) caught on camera twice. That too when in hot persuit of my competition (Manek). Rough calculations based on the video time-line say I was doing some 2:35 ish lap
Old 9th March 2010, 23:41   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
You missed my car ? How could you ?
Vijay set-out :(
I'm calling you "donkey" officially from now on.

Now now, don't cry. I'm just kidding man and you know it.
Now Who is Crying here Riju?
Old 10th March 2010, 00:58   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Jassi - Your santros exhast was awesome. I tried to record your cars exhaust note but the recording messed up big time. anyway here is a couple of snaps of your car. (sorry for the blurred images)
excellent buddy thanks for the pics - if the recording is anywhere watchable/listenable do let me know and i will pm you my email id

Quote:
7:36 - Santro a little too close for comfort, moving "off" the line and basically took the corner wider
7:41 - I know the chap is watching his mirrors and I got a good run out of the corner and I'm on the gas much earlier than him.
sorry dude newbie on board - due to so many cars behind me, i was seriously getting confused there as to who all should i let pass before I can start pushing again.Then finally after the octy passed, I saw the straight and decided to go for it and thought you'd pass me on next straight, but then I guess I was too slow on the corner for you to hang behind - i was pushing less on corners when someone was behind as I was petrified that if I spun we would collide!! Anyways hope you didn't end going back in to the pits cos I ruined your lap! Btw all your flying lap videos so far seem amazing - you've got it pretty much nailed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Nikhil seemed pretty quick as his times suggest and so were the Santro and Matiz. Did not get to see the other cars in action.
can't mention nikhil and my santro in the same line !! only similarity between nikhil and me is we were both first timers - other than that I was anywhere even close to his maddening lap times hehe :-) I was mostly pushing on the straights and taking it easy on corners (guess thats why my tires are kinda ok)

Hope someone has a video of my santro on the start-up straight! I am hanging on to the possibility of something in arjunrudra's collection now, unless someone else suprises me with a pic or a vid :-)

Last edited by jassi : 10th March 2010 at 01:10.
Old 10th March 2010, 01:05   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Hi Megazoid.
I looked up your girl's skirt. Hope you don't mind.
Those Hotbits coilovers were really HOT.
I assume you bought it from Spitfire / Mr. Vidhya Prakash.
I notice you're running on a soft setting.
Who tuned your suspension for you?
Nitrous,

Don't mind at all. Yes. Got it from spitfire performance. I was adjusting the damping and driving different laps to get a feel for some settings. You might have seen it when the setting was set to soft. No one really touches (tunes) it except for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
That is Megazoid's OHC Vtec with some mods. He's from Bangalore. His car was flying on the track! He didnt do too many laps actually, but from what I hear, riding shotgun with him is an experience NOT to be missed.

The OHC, RS, etc didnt get timed with the transponder because they left the track by the time the transponders were taken out. We got the transponders only by 4:40-4:45. Those guys had left since they had to drive back to B'lore.
From the looks of it, must say that you have even Gill on the mat and it would be my pleasure to be taken around in the NHC. Jokes apart, I think you had a real good time on the track and dying to do another one.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th March 2010 at 11:27. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 10th March 2010, 02:25   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been (or rather my zen) caught on camera twice. That too when in hot persuit of my competition (Manek). Rough calculations based on the video time-line say I was doing some 2:35 ish lap
Yup, i got 2:37 on the stopwatch.

Shan2nu
Old 10th March 2010, 09:47   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
From the looks of it, must say that you have even Gill on the mat and it would be my pleasure to be taken around in the NHC. Jokes apart, I think you had a real good time on the track and dying to do another one.
Haha. Nice joke!

And yes, I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! This was the best weekend of my young life, ever! I simply cant wait to do it again.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:22   #434
BHPian

Experience of a life time;

Reason 1: First time in India got into track on a VRS Of Siddu, He knows his driving immaculate entry and exits without much fuss, first three laps in about 9 minutes and the car broke down for some wierd reason still to figure out i guess. It needed cooling after every three laps.

Reason 2: Next sat in Haris' Vtec(Megazoid) man he drives the hell out of that car; He was a pure drifter, With Suspension mods; free flow cold air intake and cam work (not sure though) he was as fast as the track prepared esteems,

We started the lap at about 10 car lengths behind esteems after one lap he was ahead of one and almost at the rear of the other for next two laps except for he ran out of fuel. As far as the timing goes he did a lap on my stopwatch which was 2:10 (consider error of probably 5% ) not once but twice.

(By the way i am calling him drift king the way he controlled the car out of nasty situation from crashing into blue Fiesta.)

Reason 3: Manek driving his 800 with immaculate lines;

He caught up with accent crdi and was with him for three laps and Accent crdi (white) guy just got fed up of 800 on his rear end i guess and left him pass by. those three laps were extremely good.

Day to remember no doubt; thanks to the Chennai guys for organizing such a nice event and also sorry we could not stay back till the end as we had to rush back to Bangalore.

PS Congrats Nikhil that was a great timing

Quote:

The two Balenos on track were pretty much stock IIRC. The Fiesta 1.6S were being driven quite carefully. I dont know about Sathee46's S, but Gilead was taking it easy and enjoying himself.

But from a video posted earlier in this thread, a stock 1.6S in the hands of Gaurav Gill went round the track in 2:20. Only a second or so faster than a fat guy(who was driving on the track for the first time ever) in an NHC vtec with AD07s

That's the kind of difference AD07s can make!

@VinayVtec --- He is definitely running some mods. What those mods are, I dont know. Also, Manek knows the track very well.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:34   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I did not get timed on the transponder. I had left by then. When I timed myself, I did a 3:10. I did go a little faster after that and might have hit 3:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
[/url]
Great video, Gansan. Are they your kids?

Quote:
3:06 - Start finish straight, "go baby go" Overtook Fiesta
Maybe I slowed down and let you pass. Great driving and a great video.
Quote:
5:11 - Octy spotted
6:16 - Oct really close and that was the moment to pass. Instead I had to go off the gas and pull off the line. See the "mad race esteem" going.
7:11 - In no mood for madness, take it easy
Wow, that race esteem did pull a crazy move by slotting itself between your car and the Octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
(By the way i am calling him drift king the way he controlled the car out of nasty situation from crashing into blue Fiesta.)
Ack! I hope it was not my blue Fiesta. I don't recall being passed by an OHC, so it might have been Sathee's.

Guys, who was driving a Corolla on the track? I kept following it for a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks