Team-BHP - Report & Pics: New Race Track outside Mumbai at Khopoli (AutoMission Rally School)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Report & Pics: New Race Track outside Mumbai at Khopoli (AutoMission Rally School) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/76010-report-pics-new-race-track-outside-mumbai-khopoli-automission-rally-school-4.html)

Not yet, Shantanu. This was only a small preview of things to come. We have been assured that a tarmac track is coming up in 6 months, or less.

Wow.Thats A great effort and its quite close to us. Thanks a lot automission

hey GTO, is the track open for motorcycles mate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorBlades (Post 1788668)
hey GTO, is the track open for motorcycles mate?

Yes the track is open for motorcycles too. There are quite a few events being planned soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1788845)
Yes the track is open for motorcycles too. There are quite a few events being planned soon.

wow! thanks for the sweet news.. does they have anything like pay and practice like mmsc? please:

Drag strip :eek: , this news has made my day clap: . would love to see some SBK's on the track .

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorBlades (Post 1790012)
wow! thanks for the sweet news.. does they have anything like pay and practice like mmsc? please:

I believe they have plans to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody (Post 1790081)
Drag strip :eek: , this news has made my day clap: . would love to see some SBK's on the track .

Well, the way that the track is today, you better settle for dirt bikes :D. Will take a bit before the tarmac section is up and running.

So ?
Any Updates ?

Will they be renting the Rage Buggy ? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercars (Post 1868273)
So ?
Any Updates ?

Will they be renting the Rage Buggy ? :)

Haven't received any updates from Pradip, so don't know yet. In the meanwhile, here is another superb place in Lonavla where you can rent ATVs, RC Cars & the like.

Man, i can't believe i didn't comment on this thread earlier.

Mumbai/Pune guys need something like this so bad! :thumbs up

I'm very excited about this place -- but moreso for the go-karting / tarmac track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1746312)
...Tarmac section in less than 6 months....

Its been almost 3 months since this report, any news on the progress of the tarmac section? Or rather, has the work on it begun - or is it more likely to be a 2011 part of the project ? (@PS)

cya
R

Im told the Bill Gwynne Team is expected very soon to inspect and take the work/project forward.
2 Swifts and a Gypsy are procured, and are under roll cage fitting.
The dirt and Offroad part is ready. The tarmac will come up later in the year.

Just spoke to Pradip earlier this week.

1. As Scooby posted, Peter Gwynne / his team are arriving in July.

2. School & training will be commencing soon. In about 4 - 6 weeks.

3. 2 rally-spec cars on their way, one of them a 200+ BHP AWD Scooby :)

Please do put up advance info of any developments on this track. Would love to rent a car for a track day experience !!

agree:
Same here mate,
I'd love to take part in the advance school and then once a month go for the track day.
They let you drive your own car if you want, and they give tyres on rent to be put on your car (read on the website). That's really great so you dont have to worry about wearing out your own tyres.
One thing that worries me is whether the rates will be reasonable or not.

Toyota ran a Fortuner offroading event at Pradip's track today. Expect a report from Moderator V12 soon.