Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its a Fantastic Place, Concept!! And It Is Happening Ye!!
I too was able to see the place, and am sure this place is where we are supposed to be in.
Its got every possibility for a motor head. And as Rush said the area is so huge, that the tracks can be altered every so often and make it adventurous.
Wish this happened when I was 30, but still am going to Enjoy it Every Bit.
Dips, A very good write up, Why dont you push the promoters to make it happen quicker than they envisage. I understand the work that has to go in though.
Keep it up Mr. Pradip Nair!! You couldnt have come up with a better thing. And that too with Bill's school bringing in the teck and Support/training.

[COLOR=#568e1a]www.billgwynne.com[/COLOR]
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Are they planning proper obstacles for 4x4s or just a dirt track?
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Forget everything else. Just let us know about that one particular part of information. Most important to us.
WHEN & HOW
Drag strip will be the third phase after the dirt and tarmac track. Still atleast a couple of months away

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Sounds great! Does anyone know when it will be open to the public?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Amazing and really indeed. Any idea when will be open to public? Can't wait to see it completed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
This is super stuff, and I can finally think of hitting the track with my bike. Chennai & Coimbatore were way too much effort and quite expensive for a weekend of riding around.
So how soon before one of us can just go there and drive our own cars through the dirst track, or say go around the tarmac on a bike? Any tentative schedule tghat you would possible have information about?

manson.
Pradeep mentioned that you would be able to drive your own car around the track once the tarmac is completed. Expected completion time is 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I don't see where a superbike can be ridden here. Do they have plans for a proper tarmac track? It doesn't show in the plan.
Yes. A proper tarmac track is being worked upon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Are they planning proper obstacles for 4x4s or just a dirt track?
There will be separate dirt and 4x4 tracks. I dont know about obstacles but will get the info on that.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Interesting, but from the pics it looks like its going to take some time before the track is open to all.

Also 8-10k per day is on the higher side i would say.
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Interesting, but from the pics it looks like its going to take some time before the track is open to all.

Also 8-10k per day is on the higher side i would say.
Instructers from Uk are going to cost a bomb, guess thats the reason for these prices, besides the infra required isnt cheap, a rally prepared car costs upwards of 10 lacs and to maintain them again is expensive.
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:05   #21
BHPian

Whose Forester is that?
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:58   #22
BHPian

Super News. 8-10k is on the higher side, but then when we look at the facilities, cars, instructors, maintenance on the machines and the training they are going to provide, seems OK.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Super News. 8-10k is on the higher side, but then when we look at the facilities, cars, instructors, maintenance on the machines and the training they are going to provide, seems OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Instructers from Uk are going to cost a bomb, guess thats the reason for these prices, besides the infra required isnt cheap, a rally prepared car costs upwards of 10 lacs and to maintain them again is expensive.
Very true, but from a user perspective 8-10k is too much to spend for a 1 day training. And more so because people like us will never be satisfied even with 100 days pa on the track.

Lets hope they can find ways to reduce cost and offer better packages. Am sure the response will be good initially even at these rates, but the question is how long will it last??

Anyways at the end of the day its a good/much awaited initiative i must say.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:17   #24
BHPian

Couldn't have asked for more. Maharashtra desperately needed a facility like this. Keeping my fingers crossed about the training charges as I am looking forward for the training courses
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:46   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Very true, but from a user perspective 8-10k is too much to spend for a 1 day training. And more so because people like us will never be satisfied even with 100 days pa on the track.

Lets hope they can find ways to reduce cost and offer better packages. Am sure the response will be good initially even at these rates, but the question is how long will it last??

haha Very true Kaushik. 1 day would run down like an hour on such times

Even I anticipate they must be coming up with some interesting offers in terms of price once they are full operational.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great news ... I am really eager to see this. Can anybody let me know the exact address? I can just go & have a first look.

Its really exciting to know that we can rent a car & have a bash on the track
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Exquisite concept, that too so near Mumbai and not too far from Pune. Boy! they could face a hard time keeping the crowds out as the enthusiasm would be high. I foresee huge crowds attracted to the tracks. Kudos !
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:

I don't think its that expensive. My cousin went to Thailand a couple of times and tried out the race track there on a Bike and the charges were Rs 10k per day (for 3-4 hours).
That included the instructor, bike, fuel and tires. But any damage and you are charged Rs 15k from the security deposit.

Great news btw, anything motorsport in India is good
Old 24th February 2010, 06:59   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

I did an aggressive / defensive driving 5 day course at the nurbergring in Germany last year. This cost is peanuts compared to that!!! And I had to pay extra to hire the car as well!
I guess the best approach would be to offer a package of X days a year for X rupees.
Old 24th February 2010, 10:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
nurbergring in Germany. This cost is peanuts compared to that!!!

I guess the best approach would be to offer a package of X days a year for X rupees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
I don't think its that expensive. My cousin went to Thailand a couple of times and tried out the race track there on a Bike and the charges were Rs 10k per day (for 3-4 hours).
That included the instructor, bike, fuel and tires. But any damage and you are charged Rs 15k from the security deposit.
Lets talk about India and the charges here. The moment you say "NURBERGRING" one would be ready to pay with his eyes closed, how often are you going to do that anyways.

If the price here is cheaper people like us would not mind going there more than once a month. Again expensive/cheap is a all dependant on an individuals capacity and willingness to spend on something.

So all we can do is sit back and time will tell us the truth. All i know is that its going to be a major hit initially(even at this price) and even later if the majority dosent find it expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks