Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2005, 01:06   #1
BHPian

F1 track on the outskirts of Bombay !! ( RUMOUR )

F1 could come to india in 5 years time as a new International Airport is being built in vashi or panvel side ! as the main aspect of setting up a f1 track in a city is the airport ( landing of number of 747 jumbos frequently and stuff ) . i guess f1 could come to bombay ! the airport is being built under a company called CIDCO !

the owner of the karting track in kolkata ( MONTECARLO KARTING TRACK ) MR . SANJAY MAHESWARI with the help of some other people are planning to build a 4-5 km track 20kms on the outskirts of kolkata ! the laying of tarmac and stuff is costing thm just 5-6 crores ! but the infrastructure and others is being funded by other sponsores !
Old 2nd October 2005, 01:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Varun

That post had me wondering whats up, till I realised that you were talking about the POSSIBILITY of F1 coming to Bombay based on the fact that a new airport MAY come up HOPEFULLY in 5 years in some place that is yet to be finalized.

This when we're all wondering where F1 itself will find itself in about 2 years time...

I'd much prefer to see an A1 GP in India - perhaps they wont have so many requirements, and they need our eye***** and interest more than we need them.
Old 2nd October 2005, 01:59   #3
BHPian

F1 in INDIA ???

Well this perticular thread really got me thinking... And all of a sudden i realised that once i've even recived a mail like this ,,, Many of u must have seen it and if not then this once for u guys.

Well as its said a picture says a thousand words ...
This is that 1000 Words worth picture

Looks and feels pritty much right with RESPECT to the ROADS of AMCHI MUMBAI post 26/7 ....

Last edited by sinner : 2nd October 2005 at 02:06.
Old 2nd October 2005, 08:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra
F1 could come to india in 5 years time as a new International Airport is being built in vashi or panvel side ! as the main aspect of setting up a f1 track in a city is the airport ( landing of number of 747 jumbos frequently and stuff ) . i guess f1 could come to bombay ! the airport is being built under a company called CIDCO !

the owner of the karting track in kolkata ( MONTECARLO KARTING TRACK ) MR . SANJAY MAHESWARI with the help of some other people are planning to build a 4-5 km track 20kms on the outskirts of kolkata ! the laying of tarmac and stuff is costing thm just 5-6 crores ! but the infrastructure and others is being funded by other sponsores !
F1 drive to be held on oct 30 th 2005 at Marine Drive 10.30 am
cu there
Old 3rd October 2005, 17:07   #5
BHPian

F1 in india in 10 years is like a maybe, 5 years seriously doubt it, at the most we could see A1GP in india in 5 years, then maybe then can also run some other series there and also the MotoGP... F1 is a long shot....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks