Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

APMSC Monsoon TSD Rally

APMSC is holding a TSD Rally on7th & 8th August in Hyderabad Welcome to Andhra Pradesh Motorsports Club.

Its going to be about 90 Kms long and will not have Avg speeds more than 45KMPH with some rough sections.

Since this is my first rally,I would like to take advice from the veterans here regarding the following:
  1. What kind of preparation do I need for the car? The SR does not say anything about car preparation.
  2. On speaking the the club president, was informed that the entry fee includes one day competition licence. And he also mentioned that I don't need any rally insurance as its a small rally. But the SR states that Rally Insurance is must. Please advice.
  3. The SR states that use of navigational devices like HALDA, Tripmeter are banned. Does that mean that I cannot use the normal car tripmeter? That is a very basic tool for navigation especially in TSD format. What are my other options.
  4. Do I need Helmets for myself and Navigator forthsi rally? SR seems to be silent on this.
Please provide any other advise that you may deem necessary for this rally.

Cheers
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

This must be similar to the Blind car rally (search in this section).
1. No preparation necessary whatsoever.
2. Rally insurance shouldn't be necessary.
3. You WILL need a working trip meter.
4. No helmets needed. You'll just be doing ~25-40kph and it's just a fun rally and won't be testing any driving skills.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Postponed

The Monsoon Rally has been postponed from 8th August to 22nd August due to Police Permission.

Anybody else participating from Hyderabad?

Here is the SR
Attached Files
File Type: pdf APMSC.Monsoon Rally.08 AUG.pdf (190.2 KB, 585 views)
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:28   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

You have to go as per SR's. If SR's say insurance is a must you have to have it. And so for helmets. If SR's do not mention helmets then you are perfectly able to point this out to any one including the COC or Stewards and participate.

Trip ODO meter is totally different from Halda, Terratrip or similar and should not be cause of worry for you.

If any contrary instructions are given to SR's get them in writing else they are not valid.
Old 7th August 2010, 01:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey MC, what is the programme for spectators? Since kiddo has to be entertained, I won't be participating but intend chilling out at the Club while you guys do your chukker.

Cheers,

P.S. Any chance of 'crew' passes?
Old 7th August 2010, 03:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hey MC, what is the programme for spectators? Since kiddo has to be entertained, I won't be participating but intend chilling out at the Club while you guys do your chukker.

Cheers,

P.S. Any chance of 'crew' passes?
As the Secunderabad Club is the Rally HQ and you a member of the club, you can definitely enjoy while we do the "chukker" as you mentioned.

As each team is allowed Driver +2 members, you can join a team. In our case its Me & Bidisha so I can accommodate one more person.

Cheers

Most Viewed