Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2005, 19:47   #76
BHPian

Zen's provided most of the excitement.Honda's and baleno's got beaten by b-zen's...none of em crossed the under 16 barrier.There was this Black Zen stated to be running nos but when asked to display he did a run without it. team frk racing took some honour's.
The crowd was horrible with a big "H". people were just standing beside the tarmac and almost falling onto the track... as ajmat said lot's crazy people ripping down the mud track....No proper police arrangement. A car toppled while stunting and some crazy biker's almost Ran over it!!!!!!!!!!!!........Barricade's were intentionally broken by spectator's. The organizer's could have kept a minimum entry of 50 bucks atleast to control the crowd.......
Had the oppurtunity to get into parc ferme with EXtreme nos and zahed,was taping right beside the start line and took some good video's and pic's which will be put up soon.

Last edited by redrage : 4th December 2005 at 19:50.
Old 4th December 2005, 20:34   #77
BHPian

hi guys i just returned from the drag.it was pathetic to say the least. we had jokers on rx100's doin crazy stuff with no consideration whatsoever to the safety of themselves or others.then we had guys with their all show no go cars draggin around(outside the track). if they wanted to show their talents they obviously could hav enrolled in the drag. the pairings also were realy unfair.
the most awaited event was the imported bike drags...that should hav been awsum.but this we owe to our junta from the surrounding villages and a chosen few civilised people who decided to stand along the track and eventualy on it.
i saw a civic lose to a esteem i tink? any info on that??
Old 4th December 2005, 20:38   #78
BHPian

the oficial crash toll was 3 toppled zings(a silver zing driven by an underaged coll student who tried a 360,and two white zings also trying 360's).and a scorpio also toppled . another point to note was quite many people were boozing away to glory in open before driving like maniacs.
Old 4th December 2005, 20:41   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
i saw a civic lose to a esteem i tink? any info on that??
Thant must have been the the modded baleno or the accord
Old 4th December 2005, 21:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

The problem is, cheap mentality. They watch crazy car movies and think, that's how it's supposed to be done!!

This is the reason why people are made to believe that all drag racers are maniacs and all rockers are drug-addicts/alcoholics. They can't differenciate between the real ones and the so-called wannabe posers.

Hate it when this happens.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 5th December 2005 at 00:45.
Old 5th December 2005, 00:04   #81
Team-BHP Support

was good fun..

T Esteem thanks to some over enthu us frying clutch yday did 1600 cc plus category and got 4th Placement ok timing is 20's silly .. regular traffic launch in 1st n 2nd gear for the drag run..

iKON amongst monsters with NOS got NO placing ie nothing till 4th but did some 20's again.. no this time no ac and music but loads of wheel spin

Event organising gets 2 out of 10 marks from me :P

tired n drunk details later..
Old 5th December 2005, 00:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljun
the oficial crash toll was 3 toppled zings(a silver zing driven by an underaged coll student who tried a 360,and two white zings also trying 360's).and a scorpio also toppled.
I cant stop laughing thinking of those poor Zings. We need to organize drifting in B'lore to keep these guys satisfied.
Old 5th December 2005, 00:53   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The crowd was horrible with a big "H". people were just standing beside the tarmac and almost falling onto the track... as ajmat said lot's crazy people ripping down the mud track....No proper police arrangement. A car toppled while stunting and some crazy biker's almost Ran over it!!!!!!!!!!!!........Barricade's were intentionally broken by spectator's. The organizer's could have kept a minimum entry of 50 bucks atleast to control the crowd.......
Ok..So, it was a regular jakkur drag,i see.
Old 5th December 2005, 00:55   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We need to organize drifting in B'lore to keep these guys satisfied.
U mean a toppling contest right? Haha

Shan2nu
Old 5th December 2005, 01:14   #85
BHPian

any PICS???? anybody...
Old 5th December 2005, 08:13   #86
BHPian

Waiting for Pics / Videos report & timing Guys.
Old 5th December 2005, 09:06   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I cant stop laughing thinking of those poor Zings. We need to organize drifting in B'lore to keep these guys satisfied.
then us suspension guys will have some real job.

About the drag: Why dont these organisers get it? They could make some money AND make their own job easier by having a nominal entry fee. Although I feel the guys doing kirik there are also the guys who can afford to pay that much just to show off. But thats besides the point. Levying the fee will atleast reduce the crowd intensity and reduce the chance of someone getting hurt or maimed.

I see not many have made a post regarding the cars themselves.

Guess the experience itself was harrowing.

Looking forward to the pics and videos though.
Old 5th December 2005, 09:12   #88
Team-BHP Support

I have vids but not worth it as there were too many heads and before you know it the car shoots past. If I had a clear view, I could have anticipated and focussed
Old 5th December 2005, 09:37   #89
Awaiting Email Confirmation

that was a very sad drag , the spectators ruined the show completely,
after teh crowd cleared up got to see some really cool bikes near the start line, lots of busas were there , was wondering how awesome it would have been had they run, there weer some cool small bikes like the ones on american choppers, the rossi R6 was stunning,

atleast for SPEED run , ACI should look into crowd handling more seriously, build neater baricades, prevent cars entering into either side of the tarmac so that no stunts happen , keep entry fee of 100 , true race enthusiasts will not hesitate to pay and watch in peace.

waiting for pics and videos
Old 5th December 2005, 12:08   #90
BHPian

pictures finally...!

hey guys... well here are some of the pictures. It was a sad state at the drag. could't manage to take videos as the crowd were all over the place.

it was a beautiful day to start the drag ( just stopped raining )

cars lined up for the drag

more pictures comin...

cheers
xstream nos

Last edited by xstream_nos : 5th December 2005 at 12:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks