Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 21:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

@bluethinder : Motorsport section so got to be something about motorsports right?

@rallystar: JLT - Just Like That. Many people are not attending the Raid but plan to learn just like that.
Old 20th September 2010, 19:40   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The first camp was held yesterday.

Total of eleven participants including four teams who are going for the Raid. One participant dropped out due to "dengue", please get well soon.

As usual the program schedule went haywire due to animated and participative nature. However all topics were covered by end of the day. How to do TSD rally without having to buy expensive GPS equipment was appreciated by all. Two absolute newbies also attended wanting to learn about rallying and motorsport.

Next camp on Oct 2nd is also sold out. Hope to add few more competitive navigators in the north soon. Any one in need of navigator? I can recommend one newbie who can do a good job right away.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:16   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one who has a Sharp PC1500 or Casio PB-100 or similar??

Some people who attended the TSD camp were interested in sourcing these for use in the rallies.
Old 3rd October 2010, 05:54   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The second camp was on October 02 and there were twelve participants. Thanks to all who kept me on my feet through the day and made it an excellent interactive session. The youngest participant is still in school, but wants to rally as soon as he can, with his father in tow!!

Next, and last, camp is today and due to CWG security hoolablah the venue is changed to Portico Sarovar Suraj Kund in place of India Habitat Centre.

I know this is last moment but in case any one is interested come and join I have two seats left.
Old 3rd October 2010, 09:02   #20
BANNED

sudev sir, can we expect one before DS2011 too?
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:45   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

@sintsinner: We shal see what come about.

There were twelve people at the third camp.

Doing the two camps back to back - yesterday and today - was immensly tiring. Hope all participants today learnt well and would be applying their knowledge soon.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@sintsinner: We shal see what come about.

There were twelve people at the third camp.

Doing the two camps back to back - yesterday and today - was immensly tiring. Hope all participants today learnt well and would be applying their knowledge soon.
Sudev Sir,

After packing all the stuff in gypsy, now finally I got time to Thank You, before this camp I was thinking TSD working on my own and now I realized that I was in dark. Thank You again. I will use all your tricks and tips. Hope to see similar camps in future also.
Old 7th October 2010, 08:56   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a safe Raid and hope to see you at top of the competition.
Old 9th October 2010, 00:13   #24

Hey Sudev,

This is a very interesting thread, great initiative.
Can you provide some basic information about the different rally races which take place in the country? What are the car requirements?
Old 9th October 2010, 07:26   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

@cdart: Mostly there are three types of car events

Extreme rally
TSD Rally
Autocross

For the extreme rally you need to prepare the car as per regulations and if it is part of INRC then you can only use currently homologated cars - Esteem, Gypsy, Cedia etc.

For the other two types of events you can use just about any vehicle which is having road registration.

TSD stands for Time Speed Distance events thats used to be generally one day affairs. Though now we have many events that stretch beyond a day like Desert Storm, Dakshin Dare, Nestor Heritage run and Raid-de-Himalaya. The objective is to cover the course with least time penalties. Going faster than stipulated time earns you more penalties than being late.

Autocross is held in a closed circuit with tight twists and turn to challenge your driving techniques. And run against the clock.
Old 20th October 2010, 11:17   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Five teams who undertook training at "TSD Camp" finish Raid-de-Himalaya with podium finishes.

Team : Overall : Class Position
Chaudhary/Chaudhary 6 AT8/2
Narang/Oberoi 9 AT7/1
Sinha/Praksah 11 AT7/2
Sharma/Khapra 14 AT1/2
Mishra/Arya 15 AT7/3

So there is definitive method in madness. Will the competition hot up for "professional" navigators? I hope it sure does. We should see closer results in future with hot competition for podium.

Watch out for announcement of next camp.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

^^^
I totally agree. Spoke to Ashish Bhatia and he too was all praises for the camp. He said that one learns different ways of navigation, calculation, reading and using the road books, proper use of the GPS and much more.
Especially he told me that in his words "I never knew that the calculator can be used in such a different way"

Sudev sir I think that you would surely be organising a couple of camps before the DS2011.
Please count me in for one.
Cheers
Old 26th October 2010, 06:26   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

The next TSD Training workshop would be on 05 December 2010. It is limited to those who are participating in the Desert Storm 2011.

To register for the workshop click here

If you have any queries ask.
Old 30th October 2010, 20:28   #29
BHPian

Sir sorry for going little OT but can you please provide the details of the Autocross'2010. I have been trying for a while to give my entry but not luck so far.
Old 30th October 2010, 21:58   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocross entry will open later...keep a watch on motorsport.in for announcements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks