Team-BHP - Wheel War II - Kolkata Drag 3rd October. EDIT : Postponed to 31st October 2010.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Wheel War II - Kolkata Drag 3rd October. EDIT : Postponed to 31st October 2010. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/89250-wheel-war-ii-kolkata-drag-3rd-october-edit-postponed-31st-october-2010-a.html)

Hi All,

Kolkata on Wheels magazine is organising a drag racing competition in Rajarhat, Kolkata on Sunday, 3rd October. This is the first official drag racing competition in east India I think.

Different classes are upto 1000cc, 1000 to 1200cc, 1200 to 1400cc, 1400 to 1600cc, 1600 to 2000cc, 2000 and above. Each class will be run in 2 categories each, stock and modified.

How about a Team Bhp participation?

Official Release: Kolkata On Wheels Magazine

Wheel War II - Kolkata Drag 3rd October. EDIT : Postponed to 31st October 2010.-whw.jpg

Quote:

Joseph / NOS Power

Update, the event is official. Entry forms are out. I for one am not participating as a competitor. Maybe as an official.

For those who want to participate, call the number below and register.

One advise though, whoever calls, do take necessary details as to necessary documentation and what FMSCI requirements are to compete in this drag.
I will be there - but not participating :D

Lets hope to see some exotics / souped up cars / my personal favourite Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME

The Wheel War 1 was a different event - more of a sprint in a controlled environment and it was a legal event - organized by Mr. Arindam Ghosh (Sunny / Amittrajit's Father) IIRC. I missed that one.

@Planetrocker- What are the timings like? I have tuitions, which are next to impossible to miss. But I'll definitely give it a try.

When was Wheel War I held and where? I have never heard anything about it. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scuderiamania (Post 2077549)
@Planetrocker- What are the timings like? I have tuitions, which are next to impossible to miss. But I'll definitely give it a try.

When was Wheel War I held and where? I have never heard anything about it. Can someone please shed some light on this?

Don't know the timing yet, but I guess its in the morning to afternoon schedule.

Wheel War I was held at Rajarhat itself. It was a short course gymkhana with best time recorded for each run being the decision maker. A well organised event and it drew around 85 cars. This time they are expecting more than 100.

I know many have not heard of these things as they are not well publicised. I spoke to the owner of the magazine about it, and he says they will look at maximum exposure this time.

Looks like a good initiative! But I'm going to miss it.Lets hope it manages to pull a decent crowd as well as participants!

Ill be there to witness the event.Hoping to meet a lot of tbhpians and make this my

1st teambhp meet. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOS Power (Post 2077268)
How about a Team Bhp participation?

Does an stock 1396 cc i20 CRDi stand any chance in the 1200 cc to 1400 cc unmodified category?

:)

Now where is shuvd and his octavia?and also evo's too :)

Nice to see such initiatives in kolkata.Hope it is organised well.
Where will this be taking place in rajarhat?on the main arterial road?

Lots of tyres sizzled and clutches fried, a perfect gourmet. Interested to know how many times will the winning cars have to drag on that day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 2078592)
Does an stock 1396 cc i20 CRDi stand any chance in the 1200 cc to 1400 cc unmodified category?

:)

AbhiJ, I think one should think of the participation more than the winning. :)

If you ask any lame person, the 90 bhp CRDi engine has 22.4 kgm of torque. If you can master that then it will give a lot of similar sized petrol's a run for its money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 2078656)
Lots of tyres sizzled and clutches fried, a perfect gourmet. Interested to know how many times will the winning cars have to drag on that day.

Anirban da, as far as I know, they are max going to have 20 cars in each category, i.e. 20 cars max in the stock 1400 to 1600 class. So break that down by 2 per run and you know how many runs each car will do. Its a knockout method. No multiple runs for better times.

@avishar, its unlikely that the main rajarhat stretch will be used, due to regular traffic. Probably one of the roads in and around the area.

Good to see this sort of thing happening in Kolkata! Thanks Joseph (NOS Power) for taking the initiative to inform everybody! I'm very excited, so count me in along with my OHC!! Never actually participated in an official "Drag" so this is going to be fun!
Any tips/tricks, anyone????

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbhiJ (Post 2078592)

2 questions for you:

1. The Le Mans 24 hrs race has been won by the Audi R10s and the Peugeot LMPs between 2006-2010. Any guesses on what fuel these cars run on?

2. The powerhouse 2.4 ltr engine in the Honda Accord puts out 180 bhp. Any guesses on its torque output?

I'll answer the second question for you. Its 22.6kgm, just 0.2 kgm more than what your i20 puts out!

In a nutshell, don't underestimate diesels. Its true that you have to make use of the power and torque characteristics in a different way when you drag. Probably more complicated than handling a naturally aspirated petrol. But why lose hope?

If you're still not convinced, come along to watch the drag. A certain Verna CRDI with 24kgm of torque will be participating;). Even if the owner makes a fool of himself, atleast the joke won't be on you!

@sgchaudhuri - Remind me, I'll pick up one extra SR and form for you tomorrow.

Bhpians Participating:

1. predatorwheelz - verna crdi
2. sgchaudhury - ohc
3. ace6120 - ohc vtec

Wish you all the best :)

Wow!!! This is very exciting. i am coming for sure. I wish I could participate. Hope to see you people. It will surely be an exhilarating event.

P.S-Hope Anirban Das gets his Polo 1.6:D
Someone please inform him.

what time is the event happening ?