Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2004, 18:44   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Our very own Hormazd Sorabjee (Editor - Autocarindia) was present at the European GP yesterday. He was also part of the post - race press conference.

(Hormazd Sorabjee ? Autocar India) Michael, six out of seven, complete domination, but to do it at this stage of your career, 200 Grands Prix on, at a time when younger blood should be giving you a hard time, what?s the motivation, how do you just keep doing it and how would you compare your driving now to ten years back when you won your first championship?

MS: I think you used the right words, young blood, and I do have my blood checked every so often and when I listen to the result, I sound very young. So I think it is one which says the age, and another says what you are. I?ve said it very often, I feel pretty young, not my age. I?m having fun, I have a fantastic team behind me who give me the opportunity to do what I?m doing. It?s great. I just love what I?m doing.

Source F1-live - Post race conference no. 3

GTO
Old 31st May 2004, 18:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

cool! Although he could have picked a question that has not been beaten to death already...

still cool though!
Old 31st May 2004, 23:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

way to go !
atleast one indian got into the f1 loop leaving aside a hair stylist

Old 31st May 2004, 23:57   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]atleast one indian got into the f1 loop leaving aside a hair stylist
Which hair stylist? Theres also Balbir Singh (Schumys personal trainer since long), Nasir Hoosein, Vijay Mallya (Sponsored Schumys car during the Benetton days) and of course...our very own Narain Karthikeyan.

GTO
Old 1st June 2004, 01:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey didnt know vijay mallya sponsered schumi!
anyway mistook balbir for a hair stylist sorry!

ps:hey gto u think narain will ever get a seat n f1
Old 1st June 2004, 01:39   #6
BHPian

Straight from the horses mouth, eh! That should put to rest all rumors that schumi is going to retire some time soon.
Narain still needs a guaranteed couple of crore rupees to keep him running in the fray. F1 is also abt personalities, and when sponsors are putting in so much money, they want someone presentable. I m not doubting narain's talents, but u need someone with a certain flair and flamboyance who can carry off things in style. Sorry, but i think narain loses out on that.
Something irrelevant. The video with the fiat brava, ferrari 550m and the f1 with schumi can be d/led on imesh by searching with the keywords fiat vs ferrari vs f1. I m currently stuck at 25% of it.
Old 1st June 2004, 02:03   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here is Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher brand on Schumachers car:

I hate saying this, but I dont think Narain is ever going to see an F1 race from the starting grid. One reason is that you need much more than sheer talent to make it into F1 (sponsors, contacts, an aggressive manager) and Narain hardly has any of these. Second, His previous two seasons have been disasters. I was reading a review in the Overdrive about his previous season (Not sure which season it was) and he goofed up in like 7 out of 10 races. Hes getting too old...and as they say, the edge may be getting a little blunted.

GTO
Old 4th February 2005, 10:39   #8
Tom
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Here is Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher brand on Schumachers car:

I hate saying this, but I dont think Narain is ever going to see an F1 race from the starting grid. One reason is that you need much more than sheer talent to make it into F1 (sponsors, contacts, an aggressive manager) and Narain hardly has any of these. Second, His previous two seasons have been disasters. I was reading a review in the Overdrive about his previous season (Not sure which season it was) and he goofed up in like 7 out of 10 races. Hes getting too old...and as they say, the edge may be getting a little blunted.

GTO
well what can I say....
Old 4th February 2005, 17:04   #9
BHPian

ha ha ha ha ,,,
Looks like GTO made a major blunder then ...

Last edited by haryan : 4th February 2005 at 17:06.
Old 4th February 2005, 17:50   #10
Team-BHP Support

More like the link must've changed over the months. If you see, GTO posted that on 1st June 2004, more than 4 months ago.

Fiat India may not updae their site, but the UB group sure will!!
Old 4th February 2005, 17:56   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think they are pulling my leg because I said Narain is never going to make it to F1!

GTO
Old 4th February 2005, 18:05   #12
Team-BHP Support

Lol!! by badd! Well then, I take my statement back!
Old 5th February 2005, 20:16   #13
Tom
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I think they are pulling my leg because I said Narain is never going to make it to F1!
GTO
he..he..nice to see you took it in the right spirit i was expecting to be banned
Lets stand united in showing our support to NArain!
Old 6th February 2005, 10:06   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
he..he..nice to see you took it in the right spirit i was expecting to be banned
Lets stand united in showing our support to NArain!

Tom, I don’t think that’s going to be the case….or cases here.

There are few issues as far as India is concerned. We have seen them time and again.

We, Indians get too emotional when someone does something extra ordinary. As a result we keep talking, keep praising, make hundred pedestals for them.

Just wait and watch what’s going to happen once the race starts. You’ll see a band of advertisers after him for his endorsement.
Chances are he’ll fall for them big time. It’s a quick and easy way to make fast money. Make hay while the sun shines. From toothpaste to television..anything will do as long as money is there.

I may sound very negative but that’s the case in this country. Look at those cricket players. Their average performance round the season is well below the international standard. But look at their presence in brand endorsement. Look at this new female tennis star. How much coverage in last few weeks…

Aren’t they suppose to perform better if they’re in the international arena? Yes they are, but that does not happen in this country. We’ve seen this many times and my hunch is Narain will also be a victim.

In F1 circuit, top players go for their performance related (high end chronograph watches etc) product endorsement. Not health drinks, motorbikes and biscuits…..
Old 6th February 2005, 11:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

Rudra has explained everything in simple and straight language. And thats what that Sania thread was all about . Rudra I wish you would have put this explaination in the Sania thread itself. It would shortened that thread by a mile

Anyways thats closed now

Dippy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks