Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2004, 18:09   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Maruti confirms manufacturer backing, and ties up with MRF to promote the cause of Indian motorsport. Perhaps, Team-BHPs experts on the Indian motorsport scene will be in a better position to comment on this.

Entire Economic Times Article

GTO
Old 5th July 2004, 04:59   #2
BHPian

check out the article on the MAI Webite under press release on the homepage, it will tell you about it, yes its a good thing for Indian motorsport, cause the prize encourages more competitors means more entries, the introduction of the Gypsy Cup this year is also to encourage more people to take part in Indian rallies
Old 5th July 2004, 16:08   #3
BHPian

yes it is definately a good and a much awaited step. we hope more and more companies come forward and do the same.
Old 5th July 2004, 17:17   #4
BHPian

Old 6th July 2004, 19:55   #5
BANNED

This may sound like gud news and have us jumping up and down but I personally feel it could be deceiving news. Given that they have tied up but how will that benefit u and me ?? Also finding sponsors is not easy, they say prove yourself but then to do that u gotta run an entire season and thats not cheap.

So guys, the happiest or best thing that can happen to us is having a rich industrialist uncle/friend/dad/girlfriend , who is ready 2 shell out some black money for our forays into rallying.
Maruti-mrf tie up no gud for us !!!
Old 6th July 2004, 20:55   #6
Tom
BHPian

Look at the LARGER picture. Rallying in India almost came to a stand still. First objective is to revive and make the sport grow. If there werent any events to compete in then what would be the point in havin a rich dad/uncle/chic...etc??

So i guess MAruti has taken a good intiative. Hopefully they will win enough events and leverage on that by means of advertising and thereby forcing other manufacturers into competing whther they like it of not....LOL
Old 6th July 2004, 21:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

I kinda disagree with you Khaadu.

With Maruti's entry, the sport actually would become cheaper. Look at it this way, if you were to buy an Esteem and then rip it apart to put in the roll-cage, harnesses, stiffer suspensions etc, u'd have to pay a bomb. Instead Maruti would provide u a bare basic car, so the price of acquisition becomes cheaper and the hassles of getting rid of that Kenwood stereo, that rear seat etc just vanish.

Also so far the teams have been building or acquiring their own parts with their own knowledge. With Maruti, these teams and the part suppliers will be able to build parts that are stronger, last longer and perform better. In-a-ways for eg, the failure of a particular suspension component which kept dogging the MRF Balenos for years will now vanish because Maruti will find a way or a technique of building that part better. Which means lower DNFs and higher success rates. Which in turn means sponsors for such an event benefit too.

Looking at the bigger picture, its a trickle down effect where everyone benefits. The drivers, MAI, the viewer (you n me), the teams... literally everyone.

Revv
Old 6th July 2004, 23:01   #8
Team-BHP Support

I think, this is a good step on the part of Maruti. If the auto manufacturers don't promote motorsports, who will? Well done Maruti!
Old 7th July 2004, 13:11   #9
BHPian

the INRC season has already started with the nashik rally. unfortunately the 4 MRF balenos could not be prepared in time for the rally so they did not participate. check out the site www.wisa.org.in for all the news and some great snaps.
happy rallying
Old 7th July 2004, 13:34   #10
Tom
BHPian

nice pics man...really colourful stuff
really like Ranjith's tri-colour pain job on the esteem

BTW i was going thru the 2003 APRC pics...in the midst of the rally colors i see a Mandira Bebi face....sheez...pirelli girl?
Old 7th July 2004, 18:02   #11
BHPian

you can get the 2003 APRC pics on the Official India Rally website aswell.

maruti joinig hands with MRF is a very good thing for Indian rallying, also about Maruti's tie-up with the MAI, that press release is on the MAI website, this encourages more people to take part in the INRC
Old 7th July 2004, 18:35   #12
Tom
BHPian

im jus curious.....are u maintaining the MAI web-site? u keep mentioning abt it in every single post of yours
Old 7th July 2004, 21:55   #13
BHPian

well i am a bit also the www.indiarally.com site, i try and see that the sites are updated and i mention it in most of my posts because most of the topics are related to the information on the website

Most Viewed