Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2004, 20:11   #1
bhp
BHPian

can anybody tell me that how can one participate in the speed run drag 2005 which is held in mumbai .
Old 20th July 2004, 20:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey BHP,

When the event is nearer ACI will put up the forms for participants to download on their site www.autocarindia.com.
I have this year's forms (2004). If you are interested in looking through them PM me your email address and i shall email them to you.

cya
R
Old 21st July 2004, 23:12   #3
bhp
BHPian

hey thanks buddy
just tell me one thing that do we have to get a competitive licence for participating in the drag race from mai
Old 22nd July 2004, 00:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

As of this year - yes you do have to get a competition liscence from the MAI.
As well as some special insureance coverage.

R
Old 22nd July 2004, 01:06   #5
BHPian

Hey then how did rgowani manage to participate last year, were there no requests for special ins/license last year?

Cheers
Old 22nd July 2004, 14:19   #6
Tom
BHPian

last year they had on the spot licences/ personal insurance
Old 22nd July 2004, 15:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (_Crazi4Speed_ @ July 21 2004,23:36)]Hey then how did rgowani manage to participate last year, were there no requests for special ins/license last year?
I guess you mean last year ie 2004 w/ the SL55 & Cayenne?

I remember him having to get insureance (as well as the liscence i think). He met up with some1 from MAI or autocar and got all the paperwork done in one shot i beleive.
I was not in the country n was just talking to him over MSN abt this stuff so i cant give u a guaranteed answer as to what happened in the end, so if some1 who was here could confirm.....

R
Old 22nd July 2004, 16:05   #8
bhp
BHPian

do the organizers help the participants in getting the license and the insurance done . how much does one participant has to shell out for that event .
Old 22nd July 2004, 20:01   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]He met up with some1 from MAI or autocar and got all the paperwork done in one shot i beleive.
He hooked up with Hormazd (editor - Autocarindia) at the last minute and got everythng taken care of real fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]do the organizers help the participants in getting the license and the insurance done . how much does one participant has to shell out for that event .
Yes autocarindia offers full support in terms of paperwork. Entry fees I am not sure about...

GTO

Old 22nd July 2004, 20:36   #10
Team-BHP Support

Things to do before taking part in the next Drag...or any organised 4 wheeler event:

1. Get the regulations from the organiser. Thses should be out atleast 3 weeks before the event. Here you will find all the information pertaining to the entries, dates, technical regs, what you need to bring, how the event will run, the classes running, protest procedures.

2. Log onto The MAI Website and download the licence forms. There are different types, so check which one you need.

3. Complete the form...duh!.. along with the medical form which is to be filled up from your doctor. Send them in to the MAI along with the fees. The MAI will have your licence ready within 5 days max.

4. Now send in your entry form to the organiser and confirm whether they received it or not.

5. You may have to get high risk insurance for you and your car (rally cover). This will be noted in the regs if needed.

6. Once your entry is confirmed, thats it! Make sure you turn up on time with all your documents and MAI licence. If everything is in order, you will be issued a Competitors ID tag meaning you're good to go!

7. You car may have to be scrutineered too, so make sure everything is working fine.

Thats it. You're now ready to start racing! Simple huh! Have fun and be careful....airbags cost a bomb to replace...lol

Rtech
Old 23rd July 2004, 13:40   #11
Tom
BHPian

entry fee:
bikes =300
cars=500

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks