Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: running NOS cars vs NON-NOS cars..is it fair ????
yes,run all the cars in 1 category only,cant do much for those who cant afford NOS.. 11 13.75%
no..have two separate classes for FI(forced induction) and NON- FI.. 70 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2005, 00:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well coming to the eg u gave let me point out that ya u need to race even if u dont have the spikes,but i think no athlete is dumb enough to participate by giving his opponent a HEAD START of 50 mtrs in a 100 mtrs sprint..thats exaclty what a NOS kit does FYI..zen stock is 60 bhp and u run a 35 shot with NOS alone ?? isnt that equal to a 50 mtrs head start on a a athletic track ?? and to quote another eg from the drag what else do u think was a drag between a TCed esteem running with a accord with NOS..if that strikes some sence of the parity thats going on here..cinclaturbo hope that answers ur well done smilie..
If u think nos gives u such an advantage, why did u spend 20 k on the car. U could have added another 10 k bought urself a nos kit.And then cribbed about some guy using nos on a modded car.
Old 24th December 2005, 00:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
those who cant afford NOS shouldn be racing if they are interested in JUST WINNING.If they want to race for the fun of the sport then they should go ahead if they are racing just to win and make a name for themselvs buy nos or dont race.

Seems like current equation is

NOS == WINNING

Hahaha!!!

What are these guys trying to prove...
NOS != NATURALLY ASPIRATED
I wud say who cares as long as some doesnt bring in a class for NA and otherwise...
Can me move on please!!!
Old 24th December 2005, 00:43   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
If u think nos gives u such an advantage, why did u spend 20 k on the car. U could have added another 10 k bought urself a nos kit.And then cribbed about some guy using nos on a modded car.
when did i,i did quite clearly mention that i ran a BONE STOCK car..well im all game for a worked upon head but i guess what im trying to tell from the beginning of the thread seems to be of no avail on u..

well the point im trying to make here is not only about the affordability of a NOS kit but the fact that like the link psycho posted also clearly states the fact that NOS is forced induction..and thus deserves not to run along with non-NOSes cars..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th December 2005 at 00:53.
Old 24th December 2005, 00:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
when did i,i did quite clearly mention that i ran a BONE STOCK car..well im all game for a worked upon head but i guess what im trying to tell from the beginning of the thread seems to be of no avail on u..
Hey bro, howz u doing... long time no see... hope u aint pissed with me like everyone else... so wats the plan 4 ur car...
Old 24th December 2005, 00:55   #50
BHPian

Wish u best of luck.Hope to see u on the podium (with or without nos thats upto u to decide.)

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 24th December 2005 at 01:02.
Old 24th December 2005, 00:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[SIZE=2]Now u are against nos,next u'll say the newcomer cannot afford 40k for BFGoodrich drag radials,then come to cams,race clutches and so on....[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Don't u feel we'll be marching forward going backwards on technology.[/SIZE]
Hey cincla sorry to step in however can we leave the cost factors out and try and agree / disagree that NOS = Naturally Aspirated.
Old 24th December 2005, 01:09   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Now u are against nos,next u'll say the newcomer cannot afford 40k for BFGoodrich drag radials,then come to cams,race clutches and so on....
Don't u feel we'll be marching forward going backwards on technology.
hey CT..like i said in my earlier post its not only the affordabilty isuues with NOS that we are concerned here but the matter of fact is that NOS is NOT NA..so we need fair play here and thats what we are trying to advocate too..
Old 24th December 2005, 01:16   #53
BHPian

Street and prostreet seams to be the best option.
But will the same prostreet car with nos removed be allowed in the street category.Please elaborate.
Lets start discussing the solution to the problem rather than the problem itself.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 24th December 2005 at 01:17.
Old 24th December 2005, 01:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lets start discussing the solution to the problem rather than the problem itself.
I dont think that should be a problem, however the cheater NOS installs will have to banned and will have to be checked for prior to any race by the scrutineers and Stewards. Maybe a good option would be to mandate the use of a fuse on the NOS install that can be removed to make sure that no NOs can be fired, the fuse will have to be located near the Solenoids. NOS bottle removal Mandatory.

Last edited by Psycho : 24th December 2005 at 01:26.
Old 24th December 2005, 01:24   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Street and prostreet seams to be the best option.
But will the same prostreet car with nos removed be allowed in the street category.Please elaborate.
thats exactly the purpose of this thread..to find out all possible solutions to this problem..
well ya street and pro-street is the best viable option that one can thin of right now..yes the cars with NOS removed can take part in the street category provided they dismount the NOS bottle..coming to the topic of cheater NOS our scrutinizers should get strict with the checkings to prevent any further complications..
Old 24th December 2005, 01:29   #56
BHPian

provided the same cars with nos removed is allowed to run in the street category.That's cool. When do we see street and prostreet classes ......??
About this street class. Anything except TC,SC, and nos allowed.Right..?
Old 24th December 2005, 01:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When do we see street and prostreet classes ......??
I hope that people who make rules look at this quickly. It is up to us as a group to make this happen.

Quote:
About this street class. Anything except TC,SC, and nos allowed.Right..?
As long as it is Naturally Aspirated in the true sense would be right.
Old 24th December 2005, 01:46   #58
BHPian

Hope to see this implemented.It'll make some people happy.As for me i am ok with anything

Street/prostreet..same car.. only nos removed...means more runs down the strip...
Old 24th December 2005, 01:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

Glad to see you guys are agreeing upon something! Maybe this year the scrutiny won't be the joke that it always is, and professionalism will prevail. And maybe I will sprout wings and fly down the dragstrip...without NOS!
Old 24th December 2005, 02:04   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Hope to see this implemented.It'll make some people happy.As for me i am ok with anything

Street/prostreet..same car.. only nos removed...means more runs down the strip...
whuff..finally after all the rumbling and grumbling..we have a winner..hehe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r

And maybe I will sprout wings and fly down the dragstrip...without NOS!
well ya ?? wonder whose donor car would it be this time around ..btw dont be that sure of running without NOS buddy..u never know what lies in the future..

Most Viewed