Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: running NOS cars vs NON-NOS cars..is it fair ????
yes,run all the cars in 1 category only,cant do much for those who cant afford NOS.. 11 13.75%
no..have two separate classes for FI(forced induction) and NON- FI.. 70 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2005, 03:20   #61
Senior - BHPian

Well, if its no NOS, then its the Green Vtec all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome thread Mclaren, finally we have some concrete decision in hand. Kudos!!!

Street and Prostreet it is...........Psycho, you nailed it. Thanks.
Old 24th December 2005, 09:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i agree Psycho. So the classification is Street/ ProStreet affixed to the respective displacement class.

Although I couldnt care less because we will be running in Indian open. NOS, nitro, Hydrogen Peroxide, wrung watcha brung. The strip will decide.
Old 24th December 2005, 10:50   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Well, if its no NOS, then its the Green Vtec all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome thread Mclaren, finally we have some concrete decision in hand. Kudos!!!

Street and Prostreet it is...........Psycho, you nailed it. Thanks.
see if this classification does happen even ur benefitted wolfie ..now u know why a few of us are stressing upon a few changes,so that lots of people like you and me can get out on the strip without any complex..wonder how many more are waiting for such an oppurtunity like this..its for the benefit of all not only ME..concrete decision ?? what do u think i was trying to break my head here for..wasnt i telling the same since post 1..

hehe..its an awesome thread alright and a very scandulous one at that across all indian forums..who better to know that than psycho,cinclaturbo & myself..

now lets just pray this falls into the hands of the right people responsible for motorsports in india..and a silent prayer is all we can do until then..

PS : let me just bring it to the kind notice of all specially a few guys like cinclaturbo,lancer mania and others..
I CAN AFFORD one of the best NOS KITS available in the world (with time u all will see that)..its not the affordability issue thats the prime concern here for me alone(its for a million others who cant), but the problem is of having a fair level of competition thats it..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th December 2005 at 11:02.
Old 24th December 2005, 13:01   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
hehe..its an awesome thread alright and a very scandulous one at that across all indian forums..who better to know that than psycho,cinclaturbo & myself..
Yah bugger, what happened to me? Left me to die by the roadside, eh? I'm the one who actually learnt what NOS does, the hard way!!!
Old 24th December 2005, 13:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]So, Ananth, who's the we and what's being brung?[/SIZE]
Old 24th December 2005, 13:11   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Yah bugger, what happened to me? Left me to die by the roadside, eh? I'm the one who actually learnt what NOS does, the hard way!!!
oooppsss !!! sorry brother..ok guys id be glad to add to the list Mr.v1p3r's name too..just forgot to mention ur name bcoz ur werent actively taking part at RDD on the same topic..but yup u were the one who learnt it the HARD WAY..sorry again..
Old 24th December 2005, 13:13   #67
BHPian

Now that we have agreeded upon street/prostreet.Some more doubts.
1.Does the existing multi factor for turbo cars remain.
2.If yes should'nt it be removed.
3.Street class cars without nos should not be allowed in the prostreet class right ??
Old 24th December 2005, 13:58   #68
BHPian

"Now that we have agreeded upon ."

Pardon the typo error.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 24th December 2005 at 13:59.
Old 24th December 2005, 14:28   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, good points, cinclaturbo...

1 and 2. I guess if you are running FI cars in prostreet classes, all you should take care of is physical displacement. No multiplication factor, since NOS is also allowed. Besided, this multi-factor is a bit of a joke, isn't it? I mean, a turbo at 8psi will not be as powerful as one at 20psi, all else being equal.

3. Another thinker. Allow NA cars in prostreet? The major issue would be time constraints. But hey, if an NA Esteem guy thinks he can take on a blown Esteem or NOSed Vtec, his problem, right?
Old 25th December 2005, 02:16   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
3.Street class cars without nos should not be allowed in the prostreet class right ??
The multiplication factor should be removed and the categories should effectively remain based on CC. And yes the right way to go is that a Street Car cannot run in Pro Street and vice versa, else there will be loads of issues to sort out by the stewards. (That is my personal opinion) please voice out your opinions on this.
Old 25th December 2005, 09:36   #71
BANNED

Quote:
well in prostreet like we mentioned earlier all cars running NOS,turbochargers,superchargers line up based on the CC and NO MULTI'S to be considered here..

well as i pointed out in a previous post multi's are pointless as they do no justice..u can run varying boost and yet be in the same category...which aint fair again..

well i think the prostreet cars can be allowed to run in the street class provided u take out the NOS bottle off( if they want to see what they could do without NOS)..but street cars running without NOS in the prostreet class is a big NO NO..

PS: coming to the issue of which we ought to have an entry fee to prevent unruly crowd behaviour..
Old 25th December 2005, 10:29   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well i think the prostreet cars can be allowed to run in the street class provided u take out the NOS bottle off( if they want to see what they could do without NOS)
I think this would cause more headaches for the scrutineers. With the sheer volume of entrants it means that drag events need to be spread out over a weekend (like they do in the NHRA events) rather than finished in a single day.

Quote:
..but street cars running without NOS in the prostreet class is a big NO NO..
Why not? Atleast in the open classes....It should be left to the participants to decide if they are foolhardy or PSYCHOtic enough to run a NA car in forced aspiration class....what say Mr Keshav?

We have so many right-thinking people here who know what needs to be done to better the sport. I propose that we float the IDRA - Indian Drag Racing Association.
Old 25th December 2005, 10:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
[SIZE=2]So, Ananth, who's the we and what's being brung?[/SIZE]
sorry I didnt see this earlier.....the we is my mentor and myself. Whats being brung is precious little more than an Esteem engine and four wheels.
Old 25th December 2005, 12:51   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
I think this would cause more headaches for the scrutineers. With the sheer volume of entrants it means that drag events need to be spread out over a weekend (like they do in the NHRA events) rather than finished in a single day.
Why not? Atleast in the open classes....It should be left to the participants to decide if they are foolhardy or PSYCHOtic enough to run a NA car in forced aspiration class....what say Mr Keshav?
We have so many right-thinking people here who know what needs to be done to better the sport. I propose that we float the IDRA - Indian Drag Racing Association.
Having street/prostreet classification in the indian open is pointless.As the name suggests its open.Im my opinion this class should remain as it is now.

If we had more people who run their na cars with forced induction cars , this topic itself would'nt have started... .
Old 25th December 2005, 15:36   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Having street/prostreet classification in the indian open is pointless.As the name suggests its open.Im my opinion this class should remain as it is now.

If we had more people who run their na cars with forced induction cars , this topic itself would'nt have started... .
well i agree with CT..whats the point of running the street cars in the prostreet category again,as it is he would rather clock almost the same time(unless and until he suddenly discoveres a new invention within those few hours to make the car go way faster)..yes let the open class remain open as it is now..its best suits..

bang on CT..the very purpose of this topic..fair play for all and for those who want to take on their NA cars up against the FI's they can in the open category..

and ananth i know whats brewing under that hood of urs with 4 wheels ..best of luck..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks