Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 13:05   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Charitable Drive : The 2011 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 6th February

That's that! Form submitted. I'm in with the Mitsubishi Lancer.
Old 19th January 2011, 14:36   #47

Re: Charitable Drive : The 2011 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 6th February

i'm in! So is my 1989 HM Contessa.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Filled, sealed and sent. My form has been couriered. Now the wait begins.
Old 19th January 2011, 19:30   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
That's that! Form submitted. I'm in with the Mitsubishi Lancer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernauTT View Post
i'm in! So is my 1989 HM Contessa.
Added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Filled, sealed and sent. My form has been couriered. Now the wait begins.
Sent form and confirmed receipt. All set.
Old 19th January 2011, 19:50   #50

Just a little bit of advice for the newbies: Get a Codriver with a pad and paper who can note down things as the blind navigator says the route out to you.

Now a bit of a blast from the past. Three years ago, We were just three teambhpians in the Blind MAn rally. Me and Sam. I was car number 1 and had the Left hand drive all ready with my newly installed Free Flow etc. So, I approach the startline, all ready, and Mr.Prahlad Kakkad and the Chak De girls were the people flagging us off. So we are waiting, and Reza ocmes to me and says, Bawaji, please do not go very quickly. So I look at him and smile. He nods his head and says all you bawas are mad.

At the start line, Mr.Kakkad comes to me saying, "Ahh, young man in an old car. Good Good...."....little does he know!! Varun (michealschume) is my co-driver for this event

6-5-4-3-2-1-GO.. Hold the revs at two thousand and dump the clutch... Noise GALORE!! I can see reza with a BIG smile in front of me as I wave goodbye waving and screeching the tyres. He waves back and im gone..freeflow blaring and Media in shock!! The Bling navi is Thrilled and asks me to drive faster so he can enjoy the exhaust too!! Fantastic!!

There were 120 or so cars in the rally that day and we finish the first "south bombay" loop and are back when car 50 or something is being flagged off or something!! PEople are STUNNED. I actually remember these bunch of guys standing at the time check in and they all have their mouths wide open in shock!! They ask me if I have skipped a few and I say no I have covered it all (and I was lost for 20 mins too)

Anyways, long story short, we came back just as the last car was being flagged off!! and we finished 45 mins in front of the next car (which was driven by my friends mom and her friend) who in turn finished 20 mins in front of car 3.. Needless to say, we came last!! But I will NEVER forget the look on the Navi's face when he got off. He had had the thrill of his life!! And I am sure just as I have never forgotten, he will never forget it too! and That makes it all worth it! I did not go there to win, I went there to make someone feel nice for whatever it was worth, and I was successful.
Old 19th January 2011, 23:19   #51
BHPian

I'm most probably will be in Mumbai,.so please count me in ride :Accent
Old 20th January 2011, 09:21   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3seriesCoupe View Post
so please count me in ride :Accent
Added and thank you! Please send in your forms ASAP.
Old 20th January 2011, 12:45   #53
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi! - Pls add me to the list,

ACM - Anand Mehta - Tata Aria

Will be sending the form across tomorrow.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:32   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

ACM, you've been added to the confirmed list. Look forward to meeting ya!
Old 20th January 2011, 18:45   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Just a little bit of advice for the newbies: Get a Codriver with a pad and paper who can note down things as the blind navigator says the route out to you.

I went there to make someone feel nice for whatever it was worth, and I was successful.
>>>

That's the spirit!
Unfortunately I might have to miss it.
Expect to be in Delhi at the time but fervently hoping that I am around to make it. I checked the last date for registering. If I am denied entry, hope to join as the co-driver.

Regards, drive safe
Old 20th January 2011, 21:08   #56
Senior - BHPian

Form sent off to dadar today. I am in for sure
Old 21st January 2011, 10:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Sent the form and the cheque by priority courier from Pune

Hope i don't miss the bus

Registration confirmed by BMR Team (Ankit). I am in and pretty excited as it is the first time

Now the search for the co-driver begins.
Old 24th January 2011, 18:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

This is my first year of participation. Till now I've been passenger, this will be a new experience.
Old 24th January 2011, 21:01   #59
BHPian

mailed the form today. joining in Linea. only modes of payment are cash/cheque/DD. online payment would have been convenient. for those who will be driving to Mumbai for participation, the schedule reads that the cars and drives should be there in Worli on evening of Saturday, for checking and pairing with the navigator as well as a trial run. I'm not sure how many cars they will allow to run but there must be a limit. the last day of submission is 3rd Feb and rally is on 6th, Sunday.

Note from Team-BHP SUpport Staff: Please use proper punctuation while posting and avoid....typing....like....this.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th January 2011 at 00:44. Reason: Please avoid typing....like....this. Thanks.
Old 25th January 2011, 00:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanak View Post
mailed the form today. joining in Linea.

I'm not sure how many cars they will allow to run but there must be a limit.
Name added !! The limit is hundred cars, as mentioned earlier in this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks