Team-BHP - Charitable Drive : The 2011 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 6th February
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Charitable Drive : The 2011 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 6th February (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/95274-charitable-drive-2011-blind-man-car-rally-mumbai-sunday-6th-february.html)

Mod Note : This thread is closed. You can find the event report at this link.

Team,

It's time to revv up our engines for a cause, and have a lot of fun while at it!! To view FlyingSpur's awesome report + pictures on the 2009 BMCR, click here.

In a nutshell, you:

- Drive down with other BHPians to the Worli Seaface.
- A visually impaired navigator will read out the route map to you.
- Maintain the correct route, and pass through designated check points.
- Reach NAB for award ceremony and lunch.

Confirmed Participants: (This list will be updated as more come in)

3seriesCoupe - Accent
ACM - Tata Aria
Aditya - Lancer
Amitwlele - Vista Quadrajet
Ashvtosh - Chevy Cruze
Binoy - SX4
Byram - Pajero
CARvalho - Innova
Dippy – OHC AT
Flying Spur - Car undecided
Gautomobile - Punto
GTO – C220
Hvishwanathan - Laura TSI
Jawanak - Fiat Linea
Jitu - Monster Honda
JuggernauTT - Contessa
Kite - Chevy Beat
kthacker - Toyota Innova
Mad Monkey – Skoda vRS
Manaa45 - i10
Manson - Scorpio
Nick - Ford Ikon
Nimesh - Civic AT
No_sweat - Nano
Normally Crazy - i10
PlatzdaTurbo - Audi A4 3.0 TDI
R.P.M. - Ford Mondeo
Ragtop - Audi A4 2.0T
Rapideffect - Fiesta 1.6S
Rehaan – Fiesta
Sahil - BMW 525d
Samar - BMW 320d
Sam Kapasi - Skoda Superb
Scooby05 - Tata Nano
Swale84 - Polo 1.6
Swiftracer0589 - Audi A4 1.8
Tejas@perioimpl - Car undecided
Toolhead5 - Dzire
V-16 - '61 Special
Vikram18 - Civic
Wanderer78 - SX4
Wildchild4lyfe - Aveo

About the Rally:

The Blind Man Car Rally is scheduled for Sunday, the 6th of February 2011. The Rally gives you two options for contributing:

a) If you register for Rs. 1,200, the amount will be used toward the construction of additional classrooms for tribal children at Tamarind Tree School (Dahanu, Maharashtra). More information on the Tamarind Tree in this word document : Tamarind Tree.doc

OR

b) If you register for Rs. 5,000, the amount will be used to sponsor the education of a visually-impaired child at the National Association of the Blind for one full year. More information on the NAB in this word document : National Association for the blind.doc

About the Round Table India:

The Round Table India (RTI) is an organization of non-political and non-sectarian men between the ages of 18 to 40. We have 173 Tables located in 75 cities and towns comprising of businessmen, entrepreneurs, technocrats and professionals. It's over 60 years since Independence, yet 50 Million Indian children have never been to school. Ever!! To reach out to this group of under-privileged children, we proposed in 1998 to provide basic infrastructure for primary education in rural India. And reaching out to 1 Million children over a period of 10 years. We declared our long-term national project as the “Freedom Through Education (FTE)”. So far, RTI has been successful in building over 1,200 schools at a cost of over Rs. 850 million. Over 7,50,000 children have been the beneficiaries. More information : RTI Website

Forms & Participation:

The registration form has been attached to the bottom of this post. Few key points to be noted are:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2211863)
Binoy - SX4
Byram - Pajero
Dippy – OHC AT
Flying Spur : BMW 320d
GTO – C220
Jitu - Monster Honda
Mad Monkey – Skoda vRS
Manson - Scorpio
Navin – Skoda vRS
Nick - Ford Ikon
Nimesh - Civic AT
Normally Crazy - i10
R.P.M. – Ford Mondeo
Rash - Laura DSG
Rehaan – Car undecided
Samar - BMW 320d
Sam Kapasi - Skoda Superb
Tejas@perioimpl - Car undecided
V12 - Qualis
Vikram18 - Civic

Saurab - Swift Dezire

I'm in with my Polo 1.6.

Suhail

Thanks Toolhead & Swale! Your names have been added to the list of confirmations. Please print out both entry forms, fill 'em up and send to Vishal.

I'm on.

For first-timers, here's what the notes that the navigator reads are like (made them do a "demo" on video):

The first line he reads is just the heading. After that.
[Instruction number eg. 40] [Cumulative kms eg.14.63] [Split kms eg. 00.13] [Instruction on what to when you reach this point]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWXfa1OL9M

cya
R

I really wanted to come for this rally. But I am not in town from 1st feb to 9th. If this news had come earlier to me, I'd have changed my plans. Very noble cause this is.

im in too.
Noby john - Aveo 1.4.

Guys

This is super fun and it would be nice if we could take one Sunday out to spend it with these special people. Its nice to see a lot of regulars putting in their confirmations. Believe me its one of the best Sundays you can have. See you all on the 6th of Feb :)

P.S: Once you participate you will come back every year

God! Id love to participate, only im already signed up for the Fiat Classic Car Club of India (FCCCI), Mega Rally on the same date. Let me talk to them and see if they can all participate here as a part of the rally and also do a good deed in the process. Will contact Ronnie asap and get back.

Brilliant idea V-16 !! :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2211971)
For first-timers, here's what the notes that the navigator reads are like (made them do a "demo" on video):

Your car? Seems to be running full house!

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2212026)
God! Id love to participate

You just told me over the phone that you are now confirmed :D. Bring one of your vintage beauties along please!

Just sent my form & registration fee. I suggest all of you hurry up too.

I am in this year too. Good to see more number of tbhpians participating, hope nobody backs out at the last moment.

We will surely have lot of fun this year too.

Forms will be sent by tommorow.

Cya

Mansi

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 2212026)
God! Id love to participate, only im already signed up for the Fiat Classic Car Club of India (FCCCI), Mega Rally on the same date. Let me talk to them and see if they can all participate here as a part of the rally and also do a good deed in the process. Will contact Ronnie asap and get back.

Brilliant idea! :thumbs up I second that too and will feel proud to participate as a Team Bhpian and FCCCI - Mumbai member for this noble cause.

Lets plan a spot meeting with the FCCCI founder members and Team Bhp organisers of the 2011 Blind man car rally, to make this an event to remember.

Best Regards on behalf of FCCCI. :)
Rony Vesuna
Cell: 98202 37397