Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2006, 22:12   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ok, I think we will be sleeping in our sleeping bags on the track, or in the parking lot of the resort! Budgeting for fuel, second-hand tyres, and all these things won't leave us with much for stay. But count us in for the partyyyyyyy!!!
Old 11th January 2006, 18:31   #47
BHPian

Hi All,

Just wanted to straighten out some facts about the rates.

The rates mentioned earlier are for the track use only. Paying this allows you to use the track in ur own cars only.

FISSME's and Race Esteems are owned by privateers, NOT the Club. So you will have to pay separately for these cars.

Basically, pay the club and use ur own cars. If u want to drive the FISSME's or the Race Esteems, pay the club and the car owners!

hope there are no doubts!
Old 12th January 2006, 12:15   #48
BHPian

Hi All,

In view of ur opinions on our rates, we have decided to work on them a bit. I cant say that we will be reducing them much, but we are looking at the option of charging per session. So that you guys can at least get a little track time.

Sideways will post the rates once firmed up.

SG

Last edited by BikerSG : 12th January 2006 at 12:16.
Old 12th January 2006, 12:48   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

just a suggestion : will it be possible for u guys to consider better rates for all those coming down from other states .. Bcoz its not only the track expenses we need to shell out for , fuel charges for the 700 km journey and also for the track , 2nd hand tyres , accomodation , food etc .. Most of us are students , and parents arent auto enthus .. So that means each of us will have to do with the money we have saved over a period of time ..

Conisdering the fact that we will be coming in huge numbers and in atleast 7-10 cars all the way from bangalore , can we be given some compeditive rates (atleast the last time rates might suffice) .. And also we would like u guys to consider the same for the FISSME'S and the Race Esteems too .. Pls do let us know the rates in advance , so that we can prepare ourselves for the show on time ..
Old 12th January 2006, 12:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
just a suggestion : will it be possible for u guys to consider better rates for all those coming down from other states .. Bcoz its not only the track expenses we need to shell out for , fuel charges for the 700 km journey and also for the track , 2nd hand tyres , accomodation , food etc .. Most of us are students , and parents arent auto enthus .. So that means each of us will have to do with the money we have saved over a period of time ..

Conisdering the fact that we will be coming in huge numbers and in atleast 7-10 cars all the way from bangalore , can we be given some compeditive rates (atleast the last time rates might suffice) .. And also we would like u guys to consider the same for the FISSME'S and the Race Esteems too .. Pls do let us know the rates in advance , so that we can prepare ourselves for the show on time ..
Hi,

As per club rules, members have to be offered special rates and we have forwarded the same rates to non-members also, subject to group booking (10 or more).

SG
Old 12th January 2006, 13:18   #51
BHPian

Important Update

Further to Biker SG's post we have reviewed the pricing keeping in mind requests from the student community.

The charges for the full day rental will remain as per the per post #34. Further to this we have split the full day into 4 sessions of 30 minutes each and priced it in the following manner: -

For cars / Superbikes

Rs.300 per session per person - members / group entries (Minimum 10 per group)
Rs.400 per session per person - Non members / indivdual entries.

For upto 350cc bikes

Rs.200 per session per person - Members
Rs.300 per session per person - Non Members.

Please note that above charges are track rental charges which go to the club. If you opt to rent the Esteems or FISSME's there will be a seperate rental charge for the cars, the proceeds of which go to the owners of the cars. the club does not own any hardware.

I am also trying to work out a good rate with th hotel, and will update rates for accomadation by this evening.

We have more or less finalised rental charges for the Esteems and FISSME's with the owners of the same, and I will post charges for this by this evening also.

Please note that entries will close by th 2nd of FEB, and therefore request you guys to confirm in advance with respect to entry, accomadation, fuel etc. in order to avoid last minte confusion.

IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK !
Old 12th January 2006, 13:25   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

thanks a lot sideways and bikersg .. also can u guys confirm how many esteems and FISSME's will be up for track day use ??

eagerly awaiting for the rest of the details ...
Old 12th January 2006, 14:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, thanks a lot for being so accomodative while we whine on about money (or lack thereof!). The per session charge works out well for people sharing a car, and it's a great idea!

Now if only I could save some Vitamin M...
Old 13th January 2006, 14:51   #54
BHPian

UPDATE - Accomadation rates

Hi All,

We have confirmed with Pleasant Days resort, which is about 3 to 4 Km from the track, for accomadation for the track day weekend. The rates are as follows: -

rate for room inclusive of taxes and breakfast on twin sharing basis - Rs.2000
Rate for room inclusive of taxes and breakfast on triple sharing basis - Rs.2400.

The rates for triple sharing work out to Rs.800 per head. they are offering this rate in order to promote triple occupancy due to lack of rooms. the resort has a total of 60 rooms but can commit only 10 at the moment. Therefore I would request all to send in confirmations ASAP. kindly PM me with your requirements.
Old 13th January 2006, 16:09   #55
BHPian

Fissme Rental Rates - "arrive And Drive"

Guys,

Please find below rental rates for FISSME's. Please note, that this rental will be passed onto the owner of the cars directly. Track rental per session / day will be applicable in this catgory viz. "ARRIVE AND DRIVE". Track rental per session will remain as per my updated post. For those opting to pay full day track rental, you will be given the option of renting the FISSME / Esteem for a session in place of driving your own car. You won't have to pay any additional track rental for the FISSME / Esteem sessions. Hope thats clear.

FISSME RENTAL - Rs.400 for 5 laps / Rs.700 for 10 laps. (Does not include track rental, which will be charged over and above the above cost).

Rate is applicable for short loop only.

I will revert with Esteem rental rates shortly.
Old 13th January 2006, 17:40   #56
BHPian

I should be there on Saturday with my GTX .
Old 17th January 2006, 17:19   #57
BHPian

http://www.speedworksindia.com/track-days.htm

All the info you need regarding the track day...
Old 17th January 2006, 18:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho
http://www.speedworksindia.com/track-days.htm

All the info you need regarding the track day...
wow... interesting stuff on the site....

i can see my car in one of the pics... also visible is v1p3r's car...

p.s. how much would second hand tires for the esteem cost? i need a set of 2 tires for the track day... can any1 give me an approx price that i can get it for in chennai? how much do brake pad's cost (front only as they r subject to maximum wear)....

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th January 2006 at 18:59.
Old 18th January 2006, 17:07   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
wow... interesting stuff on the site....

i can see my car in one of the pics... also visible is v1p3r's car...

p.s. how much would second hand tires for the esteem cost? i need a set of 2 tires for the track day... can any1 give me an approx price that i can get it for in chennai? how much do brake pad's cost (front only as they r subject to maximum wear)....
Suggest you contact BM Lal. the guy has plenty of second hand tyres.
Old 18th January 2006, 18:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Suggest you contact BM Lal. the guy has plenty of second hand tyres.
Hi sideways, where can i find this laal guy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks