Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 16:04   #46
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics : The Blind Man Car Rally, 6th February 2011

As always, I had a great time at this year's rally. Had MoralFibre for company and this was his first rally. Our navigator, Mohd. Raza was nothing short of genius. He was also a great sport, cracking jokes whilst reading the tulip almost as an afterthought, and doing odo calculations in his head too!

It's very easy to have preconceived notions about people with disabilities or impairments, but spend just a little bit of time with such people and you quickly realize that they're not just "normal", but have an infectious zest to life.
My navigator is a Wilsonian, as am I, which added to the camaraderie.

Regarding the snack box, when I asked him if he'd like the samosa, he said,"I like it but i generally avoid deep fried snacks"! What more could a nutritionist ask for!

Our timing was pretty good throughout the rally. Our only undoing was the Bandstand TC. Whoever thought up of that one is truly an evil genius and hats off to him for single handedly disqualifying almost half the participants! If not for the poor timing at that TC, I'm sure we'd have placed in the top 5.

All in all, a great fun drive, caught up with a lot of friends and ended up with a nice lunch at Sea Lord. Can't wait for the next one.
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics : The Blind Man Car Rally, 6th February 2011-me-my-nav.jpg  

Old 9th February 2011, 18:09   #47

Dear BHPians.

A BIG Thank you for your support and participation to make the BMR 2011 a grand success.
On behalf of Bombay Round Table 2, we look forward to your participation for the next year also.

Ankitpp
Old 16th February 2011, 18:44   #48
BHPian

Re: Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 2011

Quote:
In true spirit of tradition, Manson finishes, walks straight to us and asks us for our chocolates

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...111-large-.jpg
Hey that's me in the background clicking pictures! Thanks for capturing this frame Flying Spur. At least now I've got one pic with me in it!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th February 2011 at 20:25. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 16th February 2011, 21:00   #49
Team-BHP Support

It was nice meeting you, Neville. If I remember, you had captured some pictures camera too. post them.
Old 16th February 2011, 21:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARvalho View Post
Hey that's me in the background clicking pictures! Thanks for capturing this frame Flying Spur. At least now I've got one pic with me in it!!

That picture has been captured by yours truly . Do post your set of photos too
Old 19th March 2011, 17:21   #51
Senior - BHPian

Is there a thread which describes how this rally is to be driven? I can see that since this is a road rally, a stock car is enough. How does the point system work? What are the tulips?

Most importantly what about the vehicle insurance? Since this is a sport the ordinary vehicle insurance policy may not apply.

It would be great if someone could explain these things in detail, so the newcomers can get a feel of things. May also help increase the participation numbers.
Old 19th March 2011, 18:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Is there a thread which describes how this rally is to be driven? I can see that since this is a road rally, a stock car is enough. How does the point system work? What are the tulips?

Most importantly what about the vehicle insurance? Since this is a sport the ordinary vehicle insurance policy may not apply.

It would be great if someone could explain these things in detail, so the newcomers can get a feel of things. May also help increase the participation numbers.
Please check this thread by GTO to know more about the rally:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-february.html

There is no special insurance that is needed. It is a Time-Speed-Distance Rally and it is not a RACE. The speeds to be maintained at different points in the rally are also mentioned in the route map. It is normally never more than 50 KMPH.
Old 20th March 2011, 09:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dont worry, many of us first timers were as confused before the event, as you are right now. Next year, just send in your form and participate. All ifs & buts will fly out of the window and you are sure to enjoy it enough to return the following years
Old 12th July 2011, 15:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Any idea when this rally is going to be held next?
Old 12th July 2011, 15:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea when this rally is going to be held next?
Next year around the same time. It is a yearly affair.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 16:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

I believe the day is a Sunday, so the date won't be the same. It's better if someone from the organizers publishes the dates.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe the day is a Sunday, so the date won't be the same. It's better if someone from the organizers publishes the dates.
Yes they will and a new thread would also get started here. But it is a little bit early for that. More than 6 months to go.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

I need to plan many things, specially ensure nothing else clashes with the date. Also it being not a small event, I am sure the organisers too have to fix the date pretty early, so any early intimation would help a lot.

PS:
There's lots of work coming up on the car, antirust, suspension check, tyres and so on. I have to spread it out depending on the moolah available.

Seems the rally bug has bitten me. Dunno what my better half is going to say about all this :o
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:32   #59
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Any updates on the 2012 edition?

Where do we register? Who is going this time? Did I miss a thread hope the 2012 edition is happening.
Old 3rd January 2012, 06:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Any updates on the 2012 edition?

Where do we register? Who is going this time? Did I miss a thread hope the 2012 edition is happening.
I am also on the look out for this year's edition. Would be in this year as well. Need to do well this time

Have dropped a mail to Vishal Mirpuri.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed