Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 23:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!-2b92afce.jpg

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!-d39d0177.jpg

Quote:
Tata Motors today announced the launch of ‘Tata Motors Full Throttle’, a platform for steering the company’s participation in motorsports and allied activities.

As part of this new initiative, the company is participating in the forthcoming Desert Storm Rally with a team of 2 Tata Safaris and 2 Tata Xenon XTs, beginning on February 22, 2011 from Ahmedabad.

According to Mr. R. Ramakrishnan, Vice President, Commercial- Passenger Car Business Unit, Tata Motors, “With best in class technologies in our product range, we will now be able to showcase these technologies through Tata Motors Full Throttle. The platform will help the company in organising and synergising all efforts and activities in the area of motorsports including development and testing.”

Tata Motors has earlier participated in several international rallies such as the London – Capetown rally in 1998, ASEAN rally in 2005 and the SAARC rally in 2007 with the Safari sports utility vehicle. Both the Tata Safari and the Tata Xenon XT, a 4x4 lifestyle pickup, have also been driven in various rallies in the past by independent participants.
This is a really interesting move by Tata Motors. So now we can look forward to some Tata's that can give the Europeans a run for their money in the handling department...!

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2011 at 09:31. Reason: Uploading our own press release to the opening post
Old 16th February 2011, 00:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!

Tata has cried wolf about racing so many times I've lost track. every time they are out of ideas, they bring about the whole racing/motorsport thing, and then something else happens, and then priorities get changed, and the thing gets shelved quietly. If they actually had any commitment to racing, we'd have seen things a lot earlier.

I'd be glad to eat my words, but I'm too skeptical about any long term/serious commitment from them in this regard.
Old 16th February 2011, 04:37   #3
BHPian

Tata Motorsports should buy a part of Force India F1. It would be great to see an Indian engine manufacturer in F1. Possibly they might be looking at striking a deal with HRT now that they are sponsors for the team and Narain.
I personally do not understand why they supported Narain for a seat Karun has more recent experience and fared better in F1.
Old 16th February 2011, 09:41   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Perhaps, it's time to launch this . What better way to celebrate Tata's renewed Motorsports interest. If its a true hot hatch, let me know where to place the deposit.

C'mon Tata! You launched a Sierra 2 decades back, let us enthusiasts have a real performance car now:

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!-1.jpg

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!-2.jpg

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!-3.jpg

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!-4.jpg

Tata Motors Enters Motorsports With “Tata Motors Full Throttle”!-5.jpg
Old 16th February 2011, 10:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

what tata needs is a proper rally Indica . How about an Abart Indica !!
Old 16th February 2011, 10:49   #6
BHPian

Now thats what I was wishing for! But that vista looks like it stole the bumper from the EvoX!
Old 16th February 2011, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
Now thats what I was wishing for! But that vista looks like it stole the bumper from the EvoX!
more like the fiesta/focus ST
Old 16th February 2011, 12:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

This will be interesting to watch . Tata safari's running the desert storm. A request to participants and spectators, do note if the front hubs survive with 4WD running over 60kmph over an extended time period!
Old 18th February 2011, 08:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

That's one cool looking Indica Vista!

Hope the heart does justice to the body else it will also be all show, no go.

Coming to Desert Storm, I would think the Xenon would be a much better fit than the Safri primarily due to the high CoG. Lets see how they perform!
Old 18th February 2011, 18:26   #10
BHPian

What purpose the motor sport serves? , On one hand save earth campaigns and on other the motor sport burning so much of fuel pointlessly, just for the fun of few so called enthusiasts. Why motor races should not be banned ?
Old 18th February 2011, 18:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Is that the Indica Vista. Imagine these cars running as Cabs. Would love to see them as cabs making our city far good looking than the current white ones that looks dull, sad and irritating.
Old 18th February 2011, 18:46   #12
BHPian

That is by far the hottest looking Vista I have seen. Imagine how it'd look in Ferrari red. Love the rims too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
Why motor races should not be banned ?
Simple. Because they are absolute FUN. Damn everything else.
Old 18th February 2011, 20:03   #13
BHPian

Quote:
What purpose the motor sport serves? , On one hand save earth campaigns and on other the motor sport burning so much of fuel pointlessly, just for the fun of few so called enthusiasts. Why motor races should not be banned ?
Wrong forum to post this buddy.

I saw the Indica S at the expo, looked awesome, i hope to see tata do well and take part in more and more rallies, and even someday track races !
Old 18th February 2011, 20:03   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

It will be interesting to see how their cars fare in motorsports. Any participation from manufacturers is always welcome for sure.

That is one hot hatch. Their 'taxi' image will go for a toss with the launch of this
Old 18th February 2011, 23:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unlike others who will flame you for your point of thought , I give you logic why should be continued.

What is sports? Sports is an organized, competitive, entertaining, and skillful activity requiring commitment, strategy, and fair play, in which a winner can be defined by objective means. It is governed by a set of rules or customs.

As per Wikipedia

Since Motorsports has all the above and more apart from mind games prevalent in chess or board games. Apart from this Motorsports also leads to development of new technology which finally reaches the masses and benefit them.

Apart from this you will be surprised to know that the the carbon footprint of F1 which is an annual event is at par with Olympics. So should we ban olympics also ?
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks