Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2005, 16:10   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
the drag-race at the BKC had a fool in a RS with 17 inchers doing a hand brake because of which it skidded into the gutter ..

it was organised by 2 of our very own bhpians ...and there was another one scheduled for the last thursday at kharghar ...dunno about it
one of the bhpians has to be karanraj shah cause i know he was there lol
Old 6th December 2005, 16:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu
the very same attitude which causes chaos and cancellation for organized events also..

and when it comes to a proper drag event entry, where does all this cockiness go?? or is the pain of couple of hundred bucks too heavy that they race against each other creating havoc and accidents around the track..

saw a KL registered camry with full load of passengers dragging with some 4 accents outside the recent bangalore event.. if u ask me bro u need spanking..

have the ***** then put money for an entry and do a run..

when will we ever learn!
Out of 100% illegal drag racers 40% are not allowed to race by their parents but they still do it 20% are under-age 10% are the once who work in office and they take time out at night to race up. rest 30% race up at the official drag race.
There are also people who mod the car and are ready to race in illegal but they are afraid to race up in legal may be the lack of confidence.
Another thing is what you trying to say in other words to stop illegal drag race well you cant find any race better than illegal drag race where all the cars modded with neons on and that lovely noise itz just sick
Old 6th December 2005, 16:38   #33
Team-BHP Support

i didn mean that..

1- drag in isolated stretch where you have at least some elements in control, away from traffic and crowds, trust me loads of people do it, i have done it and still do point is.. drag/race whatever but make sure you dont kill others, who cares if ur dead :P

2-Parents dont allow?? LOL better hide the winning trophy in a event rather than taking parents to court and cop station for signature

3-In this specific case there was an event happening, cant u just enter and run instead of wrecking the whole show by showing off, trust me all the babes were on the pit lane and not watching the dirt strip lol..
Old 6th December 2005, 22:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have done it and still do
How about a buzz? I'm sure I can find competition for a certain Ikon powered by a 50-shot of R-134a gas!!!
Old 6th December 2005, 23:16   #35
Team-BHP Support

lol no dude.. that iKON has its limitation being a regular Mon to Fri road car, with AC still chilling the grey cells..

maybe a Fiat soon for some naturally aspirated fun n fart
Old 6th December 2005, 23:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
the drag-race at the BKC had a fool in a RS with 17 inchers doing a hand brake because of which it skidded into the gutter ..
Ya I heard about this and the best part was it wasn't the owner who did it it was a firend of his
Old 7th December 2005, 12:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Jaggu]saw a KL registered camry with full load of passengers dragging with some 4 accents outside the recent bangalore event.. if u ask me bro u need spanking..
quote]I think i heard about this guy....heard that he also banged one of the parked cars while doin some crazy stuff and that the other guy called his pull and stuff.......

binz

ps soryy for the off topic post
Old 7th December 2005, 13:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

the guy who crashed the RS has just pmed me and he has taken offence to me saying his car had 17 inch rims when it actually had 19 inch rims.
according to him i have given a wrong statement but thats what i had heard from the organisers of that drag.....so ...

he says..the car was not his and as it had a tinted windshield he could not make out anything at the end of teh finish line and so in trying to avoid the dead-end he crashed...
Old 7th December 2005, 14:51   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the guy who crashed the RS has just pmed me and he has taken offence to me saying his car had 17 inch rims when it actually had 19 inch rims.
according to him i have given a wrong statement but thats what i had heard from the organisers of that drag.....so ...
You mean he didn't mind you calling him a fool, he took offence only about the wrong rim size. Now that's something...

He PMed you? that means he is a member here, why doesn't he reply on the thread and stand his ground?
Old 8th December 2005, 22:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and when it comes to a proper drag event entry, where does all this cockiness go?? or is the pain of couple of hundred bucks too heavy that they race against each other creating havoc and accidents around the track..
have the ***** then put money for an entry and do a run..!
I think these guys just show up to watch and after seeing the cars, they suddenly get pumped up and want to show off that they can do better.
I dont really buy the parents permission argument. If they can bring a car to the venue, they can officially drag it. Nobody is asking for the RC book to check if the car is yours. Its a private road, so you really dont need a valid license either.
Old 8th December 2005, 23:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled by the 18 y.o. and the official DL requirement. The world over, we see teenagers excelling at motorsport, and junior dragster classes clocking some amazing times. This just stifles talent in India...not that we don't have enough hurdles!

To be honest, I don't care about the idiots handbraking around the track. As I've noticed, any accident there normally involves two parties, both at fault. I like to sit back and relax, and enjoy some fools taking on the laws of physics and losing badly. As long as they don't run me over...
Old 9th December 2005, 16:43   #42
BHPian

well well well after reading the critisim of illegal drag races all i can say is i agree with you guys but your not absolutly right. This is india not california man there are many things which brakes down to go for legal drags.

When we see a maruti 800 modded (iv seen lol) many people sometimes laugh cause its maruti 800 and that guy dosnt has the performance to get into legal races

trust me guys there are many many reasons why there are less people for legal drags

Last edited by IndianDawg : 9th December 2005 at 16:55.
Old 10th December 2005, 16:07   #43
BHPian

what about the guy who drove off the road and fell 30 odd feet into at swamp. at the kharghar drag.
anyone remember that incident

Last edited by cbr1000f : 10th December 2005 at 16:08.

Most Viewed