Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2006, 00:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

FISSME race held at Sriperambadur, Chennai

Hi Guys...

Shall post some snaps of the FISSME race i had been to at Sriperambadur near Chennai.

for the long delay v1p3r... Will post them really soon... tryin to figure out how to post using image shack... experiencing some issues...

BTW pics and videos were taken from Nikon Coolpix 5400 digicam... (5.1 MP).

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th January 2006 at 00:14.
Old 12th January 2006, 16:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

pics now uploaded on imageshack...

Hey fellow BHP'ians...

I have successfully uploaded the pictures.

1. Start of the race... The track was wet as it had rained on that day.

2. Two cars crash as they powerslide due to wet tarmac.

3. Hot & Black .... ;-)

4. Line up in the Pits...

5. Car # 42... This guy was awesome... had an 8 second lead and won the race. Forgot his name though...

6. This is him.... The Winner...

7. Pedal to the metal....

8. Prizes galore... also not seen here is a brand new esteem, alto and an 800 which was given to the winners apart from attractive cash prizes.

9. Another dude who had won that day... Man these guys are enjoyin themselves... lucky rich dawgs...

Hope you all like 'em... please do lemme now...

Also can anyone let me know how I can upload videos as i have quite a lot of them that i captured on the race day...
Old 12th January 2006, 17:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
Hi Guys...

Shall post some snaps of the FISSME race i had been to at Sriperambadur near Chennai.

for the long delay v1p3r... Will post them really soon... tryin to figure out how to post using image shack... experiencing some issues...

BTW pics and videos were taken from Nikon Coolpix 5400 digicam... (5.1 MP).
Nice Pictures. The guy in car 42 is Sarosh hataria. That car by the way is a formula LGB (1300 cc esteem engine). the guy in the blue car is gaurav Dalal and he is driving a FISSME. Both the guys are from Chennai.
Old 12th January 2006, 20:13   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

excellent pics adi !!!!

hhhmm .. just hope someday i can participate in one such event .. till then dreaming is all i can do ..

OT : sideways what are the rules , regulations and prices for taking part in the FISSME races .. can u kindly PM me the details .. thanks ..
Old 12th January 2006, 20:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sideways, can you also post that information for everyone's benefit.
Do most people have their own cars or do they rent them out on a per race basis? BTW, who makes FISSMES now. I know they were initially made by Karivardhan?
Old 12th January 2006, 21:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

I'm dreaming about track day again...
Old 13th January 2006, 01:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

FISSME video clips...

Hi again,

here are some videos... shall post more soon... can't do anymore today as the files take eternity to upload....

enjoy... comments welcome....

btw... shot using Nikon coolpix 5400, 5.1MP digicam....

http://rapidshare.de/files/10921405/1.MOV.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10926353/...___go.MOV.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10927223/...start.MOV.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10927595/..._pits.MOV.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10928230/start.MOV.html
Old 13th January 2006, 17:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Hey Sideways, can you also post that information for everyone's benefit.
Do most people have their own cars or do they rent them out on a per race basis? BTW, who makes FISSMES now. I know they were initially made by Karivardhan?
Well as far as rules and regs are concerned - you will need to have a race licence issued by MAI or FMSCI. You will also need to pass a medical checkup. Learn what flags indicate and follow simple track rules. Thats it.

Most cars are rented but there are people who own their own cars. LGB's are rented from LG Motorsports - Coimbatore and FISSME's from WSRF - Chennai.

LGB's made in coimbatore by LG Motorsports and FISSME's made by Vicky Chandok in Chennai.

You will also need a racing suit, helmet, shoes and gloves

Last edited by Sideways : 13th January 2006 at 17:07.
Old 13th January 2006, 17:37   #9
BANNED

thanks sideways for the info .. What i would like to know is that is it possible for us to build our own FISSME's .. Are we allowed to take part in the races if we qualify with all the rules set up for a build.. If not how much would it cost to buy a FISSME or a LGB from the above said manufacturers ???
Old 13th January 2006, 18:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
thanks sideways for the info .. What i would like to know is that is it possible for us to build our own FISSME's .. Are we allowed to take part in the races if we qualify with all the rules set up for a build.. If not how much would it cost to buy a FISSME or a LGB from the above said manufacturers ???
I don't know how feasable / cost effective, building your own car is going to be. Also you will require a jig for proper alignment of the chasis etc. You are better off buying a car from the manufacturer's. I have no idea as far as price is concerned, but can ask the concerned people if you want.
Old 13th January 2006, 18:14   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
I don't know how feasable / cost effective, building your own car is going to be. Also you will require a jig for proper alignment of the chasis etc. You are better off buying a car from the manufacturer's. I have no idea as far as price is concerned, but can ask the concerned people if you want.
well we have all the facilities here to build our own car , getting a M800 engine is not an issue .. As long as we stick to rules set up for the builds i guess we would be safe .. Nothing gives u more satisfaction than having a chance to build ur own car and then take it on track .. We have the resources , but i guess we would have to check out which works out the best ... Sideways it would be really helpful if u could find the details from the manufacturers as to how much would the FISSME's and LGB's cost , so that we can get to talks on reaching chennai on the 4th and 5th ..
Old 13th January 2006, 18:38   #12
BHPian

The guy in the LGB ( no 42) is SAROSH HATARIA ! N aditya , yes sarosh did have a 8 second lead but that was because of what he did wid ameya walawalkar's , rayomand banajee's , aditya patel's car ( Same reason why all 3 of them had a dns in the 1st race ) He was penalised for putting grinding paste in the respective cars of the three racers ive mentioned above . He has now been banned from racing in this current year (2006) . if he wouldnt have wasted time ****ing arnd with others cars to win the championship n had put more effort in winning the championship , he would have reached somewhere in life ! Now his racing career is over . He was so embarrassed that he wasnt even present for the prize ceremony that takes place every year at the end of the championship .
Old 13th January 2006, 18:40   #13
BHPian

I am doing the full LGB season this year . I would like to know if any 1 else from the forum is also taking part in the JK TYRE NATIONAL RACING CHAMPIONSHIP .

P.s - N ADITYA those were nice picks though .

Last edited by varun_patra : 13th January 2006 at 18:41.
Old 13th January 2006, 18:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra
The guy in the LGB ( no 42) is SAROSH HATARIA ! N aditya , yes sarosh did have a 8 second lead but that was because of what he did wid ameya walawalkar's , rayomand banajee's , aditya patel's car ( Same reason why all 3 of them had a dns in the 1st race ) He was penalised for putting grinding paste in the respective cars of the three racers ive mentioned above . He has now been banned from racing in this current year (2006) . if he wouldnt have wasted time ****ing arnd with others cars to win the championship n had put more effort in winning the championship , he would have reached somewhere in life ! Now his racing career is over . He was so embarrassed that he wasnt even present for the prize ceremony that takes place every year at the end of the championship .
man this is so shocking.... can u elaborate on the grinding paste thing ... this act of his is so cowardly of him.... serves him right.....
Old 13th January 2006, 19:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Why would anybody put grinding paste???? its madness... hmmmm this reminds me of the time my friends zen in bombay speed run around a year back... some one did the same and put the grinding paste into engine... we had to throw it away... and now the car is done up with a mammoth engine to get back to mumbaikers... no offence guys but all this is really showing that people will stoop to any level to win...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks