Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2020, 18:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh

Interestingly, it's one of the better looking Hyundai cars, besides being way more VFM than the City, which is just overpriced.

Can't wait to see if it can shake some of our faiths in the VW TDi mill though.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 18:52   #17
Team-BHP Support

Interior of the regular versions v/s Turbo -

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-vernasedanmid2pc11120x600_1.jpg

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-vernasedanmid2pc11120x600_2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Now the biggest war IMO will be between this Verna Diesel AT & New Honda City Diesel CVT when it launches in future.
Honda City diesel will most likely be detuned, like in the Amaze, due to the limitations of the CVT gearbox. Expect figures similar to 79 BHP and 160 Nm.

Verna, on the other hand, has 113 BHP and 255 Nm! Mated to the 6 speed torque converter - this combination offers brisk acceleration even in the Seltos.

CVT may offer an amazingly smooth experience, but the Hyundai-Kia 1.5 diesel offers far better refinement in general. However - pricing will be interesting as Honda is charging far less for the CVT option in the Amaze, as compared to what Hyundai is charging for this 6 speed TC.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th March 2020 at 18:56.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 22:16   #18
BHPian

There has been so much talk about how badly priced the Yaris is and how Verna has been a real vfm offering, the tables have turned actually.

Yaris G opt CVT variant is just 15K more than Verna SX variant. Equivalent proper automatic car for the price of a manual offering ! Yes Verna offers a sun roof and digital MID extra while Yaris has got one extra airbag and Brake assist.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-img_20200330_221006.jpg  

Turbokick is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 22:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Did Honda delay the City launch intentionally? Might very well be the case! SX trim is decently priced and lot of goodies. Although the heart would say City, mind will pik Verna for most folks.
Equus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 00:00   #20
BHPian

the interior doesn't seem to be an upgrade over the upcoming i20's, which looks so immaculate and posh! It's odd to see the screen not flush with the upper edge of the dashboard, giving it the appearance of that from the lesser: Venue
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 11:59   #21
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
the interior doesn't seem to be an upgrade over the upcoming i20's, which looks so immaculate and posh!
This has always been the case with Verna since the time difference between the launch of an all new i20 and all new Verna has been about 3 years, with the Verna always playing the catch up game. The 1st gen i20 when launched in 2008, made the Verna of that time feel old. The present gen i20 when launched in 2014 made the previous gen Verna feel old, the 4S facelift of 2015 brought some welcome changes, but you could still figure out a generation difference between both the cars.

The cycle is bound to repeat again and again.
AYP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 10:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Verna ARAI-certified fuel economy numbers.

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-smartselect_20200419101457_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-416954
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 10:46   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
There has been so much talk about how badly priced the Yaris is and how Verna has been a real vfm offering, the tables have turned actually.

Yaris G opt CVT variant is just 15K more than Verna SX variant. Equivalent proper automatic car for the price of a manual offering ! Yes Verna offers a sun roof and digital MID extra while Yaris has got one extra airbag and Brake assist.
Verna SX also gets a parking camera, auto-dimming IRVM, auto-headlamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel, touchscreen audio system with android auto and apple carplay, cruise control etc.

Feature-wise, it should be compared against the Yaris V(optional) CVT which is much more expensive.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 13:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Verna facelift goes on sale

The Hyundai Verna facelift was launched back in March 2020. With lockdown measures being eased, the car has now gone on sale. It is available in S, S+, SX, SX (O) trims with prices starting at Rs. 9,30,585 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Scoop! Hyundai Verna facelift to be priced from Rs. 9.31 lakh-verna.jpg

The new Verna gets a new grille and LED headlamps as well as a redesigned front bumper. The car comes with dual-tone alloy wheels and has a shark fin antenna.

On the inside, the new Verna comes with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with redesigned air-conditioner vents, 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel and a digital instrument cluster. It has features such as ventilated front seats, wireless charging, sunroof and hands-free boot.

The new Verna is available with a choice of three BS6-compliant engines. The first one is a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine producing 113 BHP and 144 Nm. It is available with either a CVT or a 6-speed manual transmission. The second engine is a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit which makes 118 BHP and 172 Nm and comes paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The third option is a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel which makes 113 BHP and 250 Nm. It is offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 14:28   #25
BHPian

I am keen on checking out the SX IVT variant, which comes in at around 11.95 Ex-Showroom, it ticks all the right boxes for me and has some goodies as well like the sunroof etc along with the reliability of the IVT, which I believe is the same unit from the creta and seltos.
It's a whole Lac more than the top end Ciaz, but the extra goodies and cabin quality feel worth it, when the difference in EMI will be around 2k per month.

Awaiting some inputs from anyone whose had a chance to drive it.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 21st May 2020 at 05:45. Reason: Expanded abbreviation to Ex-Showroom based on RP.
armaan_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 21:35   #26

i'm in the market for a sedan and confused between Verna and City. Verna looks very well priced and offers great bang for the buck.

Looking forward to a test drive of the IVT.
Mr.RaghavDhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 12:29   #27
BHPian

Anybody know showrooms in South Delhi with SX (O) Turbo in stock? Checked Koncept Hyundai in Kailash Colony yesterday which did not have the Verna in stock at all. When I try to book a test drive online Hyundai's website auto registers interest for the Rohini showroom which is in the opposite side of town.

Last edited by manson : 21st May 2020 at 13:24. Reason: Typo.
iamitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 14:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RaghavDhir View Post
i'm in the market for a sedan and confused between Verna and City. Verna looks very well priced and offers great bang for the buck.

Looking forward to a test drive of the IVT.
A confusion between City and Verna means you are looking for a petrol sedan only. Honda City's petrol is said to be better than Verna's anytime, though Verna's new 1L turbo petrol will be in a different league. You have to test drive it and see.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 18:37   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
A confusion between City and Verna means you are looking for a petrol sedan only. Honda City's petrol is said to be better than Verna's anytime, though Verna's new 1L turbo petrol will be in a different league. You have to test drive it and see.
i've seen the honda city and the new Verna and Verna to me seems to have better interiors and over all cabin feel which is quite important to me. Also the SX variant of Verna is fairly well loaded, the model with similar creature comforts in Honda city is quite out of my budget.

I somehow feel Honda city is not as well made as they used to be in the earlier generations.
Mr.RaghavDhir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 19:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RaghavDhir View Post
I somehow feel Honda city is not as well made as they used to be in the earlier generations.
This point is bang on target and has also been mentioned multiple times on the Honda cars & Honda City forums. The famed ‘Honda Quality’ is a thing of past now. While on the brighter side, I feel Hyundai cars have matched up to the quality levels what Honda used to offer earlier & dare I say they are a notch above.
I feel the only area wherein the Verna lags behind the City is in the rear seat space, especially the headroom. But overall, the Verna definitely gives a tough competition to the City & should be the one to pick, especially in the Diesel guise.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks