Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2006, 08:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

man..infiniti concept coupe..aaahhh that thing is a beauti and the price its going to come with will make it even dearer..so if I cant get the GTR as planned..I am going to be all over this beauti in the next year or so..or whenever it is that it comes out..We are hoping sometime in the summer of 07 or fall of 07..the sedan should be wonderful as well..

Top notch points for infiniti...opps i already gave it that back in 02 when they first came out with the best looking/made cars in the segment..G35 S, C and FX..
Old 26th January 2006, 14:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

is it just me, or does that dodge challenger look orgasmic....?

the FGT is a great car as well...
Old 26th January 2006, 20:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vivek and Texei, thanks for sharing the pics with us.
Old 26th January 2006, 20:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1

naaahh...

but the chevy Camaro concept sure does..
Old 26th January 2006, 21:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1

It does look orgasmic.

Oh I can add one more pic. This is the Dodge Charger I rented to drive to Detroit. This is the SXT trim that has the 3.5L V6. The V6 sounded awsome and had a lot of grunt in a straight line. But the Charger is a bulky car. So it felt bit of lazy around corners and when changing lanes. Moreover it had an automatic transmission. So I am not incredibly impressed with the 3.5L. I hear that the difference between this and the 5.7L Hemi in the R/T model or the 6.1L Hemi in the STR8 model is like day and night. I'd love to drive one of those.

Old 26th January 2006, 21:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
naaahh...

but the chevy Camaro concept sure does..
Oh yes, the Camaro concept looked great. I've only seen pictures. I somehow missed the Camaro concept display at the show. So I've not seen it in person.
Old 26th January 2006, 21:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek
Hey Tsxei,Great pics man.Why the heck would I mind these beauties on my thread
Looks like you went on a weekday.. not much rush I strolled by the AM stall but noticed that not much had changed since last year, so didn't really notice much. Here's the AM stall from last year.. See.. no change

Did you get any pics of the Infiniti Coupe concept?? Man.. the thing was amazing. Another one I loved was the Toyota Hybrid Supercar concept (in the basement-Michigan Hall).
My friend has those pics too.. Will get those pics up soon as I can.
I went on the last day. Jan 22, sunday. There wasn't much crowd. Yeah, the AM stall does look the same.

It looks like I missed a lot of the cars. I didn't see the Camaro concept, the Infiniti Coupe nor the Toyota Hybrid supercar. But I'm not worrying as I have another visit to the show lined up next month. Its in Philadelphia. I'm sure these cars will be there. I'll catch up then.
Old 26th January 2006, 21:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei
It does look orgasmic.

Oh I can add one more pic. This is the Dodge Charger I rented to drive to Detroit. This is the SXT trim that has the 3.5L V6. The V6 sounded awsome and had a lot of grunt in a straight line. But the Charger is a bulky car. So it felt bit of lazy around corners and when changing lanes. Moreover it had an automatic transmission. So I am not incredibly impressed with the 3.5L. I hear that the difference between this and the 5.7L Hemi in the R/T model or the 6.1L Hemi in the STR8 model is like day and night. I'd love to drive one of those.

I have driven the R/T and its bad...powerful it may be..but overall a 5/10 car(mostly because of really cheap plastic and interior design+worst steering feel)..now its turn for me to drive the SRT...lets see how that does..for me the most important is steering feel..if thats not there..there is no point in owning a high powered car..until you drive in a straight line..
Old 27th January 2006, 02:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I have driven the R/T and its bad...powerful it may be..but overall a 5/10 car(mostly because of really cheap plastic and interior design+worst steering feel)..now its turn for me to drive the SRT...lets see how that does..for me the most important is steering feel..if thats not there..there is no point in owning a high powered car..until you drive in a straight line..
That is true. It is what, a 30K car? The interior was definitely not one of a 30K car. It felt like cheap plastic with molding joints showing everywhere. But hey, it is an American car so I didn't expect the interior to be great.
Old 27th January 2006, 04:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei
But I'm not worrying as I have another visit to the show lined up next month. Its in Philadelphia. I'm sure these cars will be there. I'll catch up then.
The whole show is esentially crated up and brought to McCormick for the Chicago Auto show Feb 10-19th. In addition Toyota and others will reveal new vehicles exclusively at Chicago. I found that there is always poor representation by Ferrari and Lambo in Detroit. I think the show in Philly is smaller (mostly production cars) and it overlaps Chicago by a couple days....so it cant have the same cars.

Last edited by Mpower : 27th January 2006 at 04:23.
Old 27th January 2006, 05:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I think the show in Philly is smaller (mostly production cars) and it overlaps Chicago by a couple days....so it cant have the same cars.
I've heard that it gets good representation from a number of automakers. Here is a link to the floorplan showing the automakers that will be there.

http://www.phillyautoshow.com/public_floorplan.asp

They have 3 floors/halls which means it should be big.

And from what I've read, they do have concepts and also a tuner car display area.
Old 27th January 2006, 05:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
The whole show is esentially crated up and brought to McCormick for the Chicago Auto show Feb 10-19th. In addition Toyota and others will reveal new vehicles exclusively at Chicago. I found that there is always poor representation by Ferrari and Lambo in Detroit. I think the show in Philly is smaller (mostly production cars) and it overlaps Chicago by a couple days....so it cant have the same cars.
dude if you are going for the autoshow and wanna hook up let me know.. I wouldnt mind..i generally go and bore my wife..i know she doesnt like it..but still comes along for the ride..
Old 27th January 2006, 07:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
man..infiniti concept coupe..aaahhh that thing is a beauti and the price its going to come with will make it even dearer..so if I cant get the GTR as planned..I am going to be all over this beauti in the next year or so..or whenever it is that it comes out..We are hoping sometime in the summer of 07 or fall of 07..the sedan should be wonderful as well..

Top notch points for infiniti...opps i already gave it that back in 02 when they first came out with the best looking/made cars in the segment..G35 S, C and FX..
just breathtaking pics man! infiniti concept was ohh so cool..yh hope to see it in the summer 07 ...great prospects..
Old 27th January 2006, 09:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a plan 1day. Lets discuss in PM.
Old 27th January 2006, 11:15   #30
BHPian

now thats an auto show that i would like to visit. But for tuned and modified cars it has to be the SEMA show. They have a section thats called the fast and the furious (and yes its exactly its namesake)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks