New York International Auto Show 2011 - Pics-img_0370.jpg

Honda CR-Z

New York International Auto Show 2011 - Pics-img_0376.jpg

New York International Auto Show 2011 - Pics-img_0377.jpg
jango is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 07:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: New York International Auto Show 2011 - Pics

@Technocrat and Jaango thanks for sharing the pics.

@Technocrat- You have already uploaded so many pics but you also mention that you missed some. Wonder what was the scale of the show.

One question on the first post of Camaro. What are those 4 dials/indicators above the gear shift in the interior snap?
Old 4th May 2011, 08:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Technocrat and Jaango thanks for sharing the pics.

@Technocrat- You have already uploaded so many pics but you also mention that you missed some. Wonder what was the scale of the show.

One question on the first post of Camaro. What are those 4 dials/indicators above the gear shift in the interior snap?

I have already mentioned, The show had not lesser than 500 cars on the display. My bad didn't get time to upload all the pictures my tiny little mobile has captured in the show.

Truly tiring, I don't know if anyone had the similar problem but for me the initial 10-20 cars were very interesting and I was going through each and every specs and finding the design inspiration etc etc. But after that, I was like capture the look and move to the next, you really can't observe all that exhibited, it was massive event.
Old 4th May 2011, 09:08   #49
Team-BHP Support

Technocrat: from those cars on display, will you able to list down what (you feel) could be the possible models which we can expect in India?
Old 4th May 2011, 11:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks for all the members who liked the pics & thanked the posts

I Am glad that you liked the Pics. As for stripped down models, trust me we are not the only ones. Even here I see Accords & Civic with steel rims. Not to forget corollas with Body kits & standard engine with a Red S badge(Corolla Sports).

The only different is that often a higher end variant is available with all the goodies which may not come to India.

As for location Here is the location on map
Thanks a lot Technocrat. I get the location now. You must have had a great time. When I was in NY, I used to prey everyday that some or other auto show happens and I get to be there. But it never happened then.

Only event that I attended was the US Open.
Old 4th May 2011, 16:40   #51
BHPian

WOW! Thanks for the awesome pics! Does Bumblebee transform into the Camaro at the auto show? :P Thanks for sharing these pics with us.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Aw Man. I was waiting for this and didnt want to miss it this time around. I just got back from the US a few weeks before this show and was so badly hoping to make it this year. Anyway, there always next year for this

That Mitsu looks so much like a Nano and the Merc A Class Concept is to die for. I think that is one of best grill jobs I have seen till date
Old 5th May 2011, 00:36   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Technocrat: from those cars on display, will you able to list down what (you feel) could be the possible models which we can expect in India?
Usually companies get European version of their cars to India & not US ones, so I dont think any makes other than Hyundai displayed anything that could be launched in India (other thena the exotics like Jauar & AM which are already here)

Please check This Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwokFist View Post
WOW! Thanks for the awesome pics! Does Bumblebee transform into the Camaro at the auto show? :P Thanks for sharing these pics with us.
LOL no I wish it did that

I am glad you liked the pics
Old 5th May 2011, 01:14   #54
BHPian

awesome pics techno and Jaang.. anyone visited the classic car section?
Old 5th May 2011, 01:33   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
To be honest razorblades the venue was too big and i personally missed out on lots of stalls. I probably did manage to see only about 40% of the whole show. I spend close to 6 Hrs at the venue and had to leave as i had committed someone a drop at the airport.

I always felt one needed more than a day to see and enjoy every model that got displayed out there... I peaked in only at stalls that i really wanted to
Old 5th May 2011, 01:40   #56
BHPian

Can the JEEP experts guess what the small opening, marked below is for on the Grand Cherokee

New York International Auto Show 2011 - Pics-img_0373.jpg
Old 5th May 2011, 01:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
To be honest razorblades the venue was too big and i personally missed out on lots of stalls. I probably did manage to see only about 40% of the whole show. I spend close to 6 Hrs at the venue and had to leave as i had committed someone a drop at the airport.

I always felt one needed more than a day to see and enjoy every model that got displayed out there... I peaked in only at stalls that i really wanted to
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post

Truly tiring, I don't know if anyone had the similar problem but for me the initial 10-20 cars were very interesting and I was going through each and every specs and finding the design inspiration etc etc. But after that, I was like capture the look and move to the next, you really can't observe all that exhibited, it was massive event.
True, after the first one or so hour your realize that this way you wont be able to see anything, there on its just go to a stand, shoot some pics that you can along with all the crowd & move on.

What added to the missing of stalls was the absence of a single poster or deck which would list out all the stalls on all floors & section. They only had posters/banners to show what is there in a particular section, near that section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
Nopes
Old 5th May 2011, 10:59   #58
BHPian

Awesome pics man!! the shows that happen here in Mumbai are nothing compared to abroad.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
Awesome pics man!! the shows that happen here in Mumbai are nothing compared to abroad.
But there is a catch. Will a Mumbaikar(Mango Man) be ready to pay Rs. 630(14$) for going to a Auto Show. I dont think so. Even when Auto Show charge Rs. 100+ that too seems too much so leave apart paying Rs. 630.
But hope so that soon Auto Show of such grandeur too happen in Mumbai. And when is the next Auto Show Delhi?? Any news about it.
Old 5th May 2011, 16:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
+1

True, after the first one or so hour your realize that this way you wont be able to see anything, there on its just go to a stand, shoot some pics that you can along with all the crowd & move on.

What added to the missing of stalls was the absence of a single poster or deck which would list out all the stalls on all floors & section. They only had posters/banners to show what is there in a particular section, near that section.

Nopes

Completely agree with you, That's the same reason I bought the AutoShow program book which had a map that explains various floors and the exhibits. But then covering them all in a day is a task for super human.

Most Viewed