Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2006, 22:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pics of some interesting concepts/artists sketchs for exotics

Some stuff i picke dup that might be interesting..

I know many people dont like the idea of a bentley SUV, but i love it..I think the best step porsche took was to make cayenne and now if Bentley does take the step and I hope VW execs after seeing the popularity of cayenne force bentley ceo to do the same..that would be awesome..

the baby rolls is awesome and if it is priced in the 200k mark with as much space as the flying spur then flying spur is going to be a gonner with those beautiful lines on the rolls..

and this 2+2 GT from bugatti what can I say..just plain awesome..this looks a billion times better than the bloated veyron

Last edited by 1Day : 27th January 2006 at 23:00.
Old 27th January 2006, 23:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

even this IS coupe seems nice..but i think this sort of aggression is more suited for the LS coupe..i hope lexus does something about an LS coupe
Old 30th January 2006, 13:56   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bugatti is gr8 but the RR takes the cake.
The Bentley looks like a station wagon...IS coupe is nothing special.
Old 30th January 2006, 17:03   #4
BHPian

a bentley suv nah, im sure they can some up with something better than that , !!
Old 30th January 2006, 18:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

I, believe it or not, have a part in the designing of that Bentley SUV. I'd submitted designs way back in the second quarter of 2003 to certain persons whose names I won't disclose.

Ooh, and back then, there were also plans for a RR SUV. The designs I'd made were based on a Phantom, although the whole idea seemed rather awkward to me, and my work reflected my lack of enthusiasm for 'THIS' particular project.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 30th January 2006 at 18:55.
Old 30th January 2006, 20:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

thats nice to hear aniguchisan..

I dont know why people detest the whole idea about an SUV..its today's reality..people like to roam around in SUVs, so do I..if the company makes sports cars and luxury vehicles doesnt mean it cant expand..i think if bentley will produce this SUV, you wait and see how many people would buy it around the world and yes even in india..well you can count on me for buying one atleast..an SUV no longer mean an offroading machine..its just become a style and if you have all the money in the world and want to differenciate your self in an SUV then why not..
Old 30th January 2006, 21:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
I, believe it or not, have a part in the designing of that Bentley SUV. I'd submitted designs way back in the second quarter of 2003 to certain persons whose names I won't disclose.

Ooh, and back then, there were also plans for a RR SUV. The designs I'd made were based on a Phantom, although the whole idea seemed rather awkward to me, and my work reflected my lack of enthusiasm for 'THIS' particular project.
Designing for Bentley and RR. That's cool dude
Old 30th January 2006, 21:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
thats nice to hear aniguchisan..

I dont know why people detest the whole idea about an SUV..its today's reality..people like to roam around in SUVs, so do I..if the company makes sports cars and luxury vehicles doesnt mean it cant expand..i think if bentley will produce this SUV, you wait and see how many people would buy it around the world and yes even in india..well you can count on me for buying one atleast..an SUV no longer mean an offroading machine..its just become a style and if you have all the money in the world and want to differenciate your self in an SUV then why not..
Thanks. Mate, with the Bentley SUV, I was all go. It wasn't much of a difficulty to design. Design cues from the Conti GT were primarily adapted. The rear 3/4 of the SUV I'd design was slight differently, namely the last window section.

The RR, on the other hand, felt a little 'iffy'. I wasn't too sure I was fly with the whole idea. I did make only one sketch, and it came out decent I suppose. Literally, it was a Phantom, with it's read end squished so much, as to minimise a boot and give it a greater ride height. Lol.
Old 30th January 2006, 21:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Thanks. Mate, with the Bentley SUV, I was all go. It wasn't much of a difficulty to design. Design cues from the Conti GT were primarily adapted. The rear 3/4 of the SUV I'd design was slight differently, namely the last window section.

The RR, on the other hand, felt a little 'iffy'. I wasn't too sure I was fly with the whole idea. I did make only one sketch, and it came out decent I suppose. Literally, it was a Phantom, with it's read end squished so much, as to minimise a boot and give it a greater ride height. Lol.
can you post it here, if you dont mind, i would love to see what an RR SUV might look like..the price range ofcourse couldnt have been the 330k mark, or were they thinking of putting it somewhere in the 200k mark, cuz i think a bentley suv would be 150-170k USD has to be higher than the Turbo S porsche has going on which can be configured to about 120-130k usd
Old 30th January 2006, 21:51   #10
BHPian

Quote:

I love all the post-BMW RR's of which only the Phantom is in production (I think). All others were concepts. This one looks the best with the shorter grille.
Old 30th January 2006, 23:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei
I love all the post-BMW RR's of which only the Phantom is in production (I think). All others were concepts. This one looks the best with the shorter grille.
I want this one produced man..it would be a hot cake for RR and would cut deeply into bentley's share in that price range..
Old 31st January 2006, 03:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can you post it here, if you dont mind, i would love to see what an RR SUV might look like..the price range ofcourse couldnt have been the 330k mark, or were they thinking of putting it somewhere in the 200k mark, cuz i think a bentley suv would be 150-170k USD has to be higher than the Turbo S porsche has going on which can be configured to about 120-130k usd
I'm afraid the Rolls royce design was on paper, and I submitted it. No copy in existence. However, my old computer does contain a picture of the Bentley SUV, I made a sketch, and then tried copying the design on Macromedia Flash. It looks tacky on Flash, but I'll try to post a pic if I can somehow get it online.

The Bentley was to contain a W12 engine, and priced around £90-110k, very similar to the Continental really. It would not be viable to price it any higher, as this market would be rather niche, and people would probably prefer a Range Rover or a Cayenne Turbo for a reasonably lower price tag.

I do not know much about the RR, I'm afraid...
Old 31st January 2006, 05:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

hmm interesting...

i would love to own a bentley SUV if it looks hotter than a techart cayenne..
Old 31st January 2006, 05:55   #14
BHPian

bingo 1 DAY! yh porsche saw the light of the day with its 911 and carrera GT, boxter all high performance sports version..then they answered the need of the hour by pullin off Cayenne SUV feels hotter than ever..n boy did it do well for then rusted porsche..walkin on the same lines if Bentley is out to create an SUV then so be it...lets take that with a pich of salt rather than being gaudy..come on man thts doesnt look that bad...change is the "SPICE OF LIFE" remember...
Old 31st January 2006, 05:57   #15
BHPian

biy does that veyron is brilliant..just killling looks...imagine JOLIEBABE stripping...strikin similarities..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks