Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 22:32   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW GranCoupe (4-Door 6 Series). EDIT : Now officially unveiled

Looks stunning from the front. But somehow I didn't like the LED's. They stick out like a sore thumb. Those alloys are meaty. Drool maal!

The rear looks good too. I like the rear design more than the front's.
Old 27th December 2011, 08:34   #17
BHPian

Wow....looks like the aston martins from some angles, but cant match their gorgeous looks. The engine has 2 visible bracing struts, is that for all the power ? I do not like the trend of having the bonnet end much before the grill, this seems to be commen to all the new BMW's. Hyundai has already copied it on their new Verna
Old 27th December 2011, 13:27   #18
BHPian

I love all parts of this vehicle apart from the DRLs below the lights but, who am I fooling that's probably the only thing I can afford to buy from BMW !!

The interiors make you feel you are stepping into a chocolate cake with vanilla icecream inside, nice faux leather work all round.

Is this the BMW's first entrant in the even number series ? Coz I think till date I have only heard of 3s, 5s, 7s nothing in the even digits.

No matter the comments across the board, this baby is going to set the sales charts on fire for BMW, a lot of 5 series buyers would think about this option. What would be the price for this car in India - Mumbai ?
Old 30th December 2011, 16:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Nice fluid design but somehow those headlights just dont do it for me. They dont look well integrated and an angry or aggressive pair of eyes instead of a..should i say curious ??? look would have been a lot better IMO.
Totally agree with you there, the front has a 'Whaaa(t)?" expression. Slightly sleeker lights would have completed the look.

After the new CLS and this 'thing', I'm completely put off by the 4 door coupe segment. Buy a loaded 5/E/A6 or a luxury coupe.
Old 1st January 2012, 23:17   #20
BHPian

Disappointing to see BMW making such a different looking 6er and making it an even weirder looking four door coupe,its nowhere near as good looking as the merc and only time will tell which one drives better.

One question to all BMW 6 series "likers" which one was better keeping in mind the time when they came out the "E64" or the newer 6er?
Old 2nd January 2012, 00:38   #21
BHPian

Front seems bit disappointing, it appears to be little slouching at front end. Where as rear and side profile is impressive.
Interiors are completely plush and state of art. I hope the driving is good too.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW's New 6 Series diesel with xdrive!

" BMW is set to add another variant of the Coupe and Convertible to the BMW 6 Series line-up with the arrival of the BMW 640d xDrive Coupe and Convertible in spring 2012. Intelligent all-wheel drive – making its debut in the BMW 6 Series – teams up with a six-cylinder in-line diesel engine featuring BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. The combination of a diesel engine and BMW xDrive all-wheel drive, which will also be found in the BMW 640d xDrive Convertible, gives the BMW 6 Series a spread of abilities none of its rivals can match.

The new BMW 640d xDrive Coupe accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 5.2 seconds. The 230 kW/313 hp diesel powerplant uses BMW TwinPower Turbo technology to ensure outstanding efficiency, and joins forces with the standard-fitted eight-speed Sports automatic gearbox to deliver exceptionally low fuel consumption and emissions. The xDrive system distributes the power generated by the engine precisely between the front and rear wheels as the situation demands. Pulling the strings behind the scenes is an electronic control unit which links xDrive up with the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) system to ensure unbeatable traction, maximum safety, top-class handling and optimum power development in all weather and road conditions. The average fuel consumption of the BMW 640d xDrive Coupe stands at 5.7 – 5.8 litres per 100 kilometres / 48.7 – 49.6 mpg imp (in the EU test cycle, depending on the tyre format), while CO2 emissions are 149 – 153 grams per kilometer."

BMW reveals new 6 Series diesel with xDrive
Attached Thumbnails
BMW GranCoupe (4-Door 6 Series). EDIT : Now officially unveiled-2012bmw640dxdriverear.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks