Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver rioters

This is the case everywhere in the world. We all know whenever riots happens due to whatever reasons, its the poor bystanders vehicle which become the first target. Venting out anger against something which is not going to reciprocate is not new even to Indian crowds. By default some vehicles get burned or damaged and is considered a mark of victory. I just feel pity for the people to whom the vehicles belonged.

In this case is the lady who owned the M5, Man she had guts to confront the car attackers.
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
If the owner was a guy he would have been badly hurt by the mob. She got away because she was a girl.

--Ragul
Can't really agree with you on that one. Girls are more likely to be in danger than guys especially around crazy mobs. She really had to have super guts of steel to fight for her M5.

My only thought , after initial damage's why didn't she just get in and do a donut or something to frighten away people ?
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
My only thought , after initial damage's why didn't she just get in and do a donut or something to frighten away people ?
If she would have done that and in the process had harmed/injured a few people things would have gone against her. The rioters would have targeted her then and her life would have been in more danger. She would have preferred to get the car damaged rather than hurt herself. Atleast she can claim Insurance for the car.
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

I think emotional people can be found anywhere in the world. I am myself a Vancouver Canuck fan and was hugely disappointed by their defeat on Thursday. Riots were indeed unfortunate and not something I would have liked to do, even in the case of my favorite team loosing such a nail biting series. And it also doesn't mean you could question Canada as a country full of hooligans!

Don't get me wrong here, I mean we are reacting to the damage an M5 had to bear, what about the other 16 cars that were destroyed! They were also victim of car crime, right? Also to note that people become more and more aggressive during such incidents since there is no one to blame in a mob. It can happen anywhere where people are heartily attached to anything/anyone very popular and treat them next to god.

I can almost feel how much the girl must be loving her car! And she was cheering for Canucks too (she is wearing a Canucks tee).

Unfortunate and sad treatment she had to bear...

Just my 2 cents.
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:43   #20
BHPian

I love how most people get on the bandwagon and slam a whole city or country based on the actions by a few drunken idiots. I don't want to quote people or bring up names (you know who you are). Look around before making bold statements about how uncivilized, savage and crazy people are.

Have a look at the volunteers who showed up to clean up the downtown area at 7AM on a weekday. And just so you know, the riots officially ended 6 hours earlier at 1AM.

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-1.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-2.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-3.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-4.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-5.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-6.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-7.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-8.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-9.jpg

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-10.jpg

A police cruiser covered with thank you notes from the public for the job they did in controlling the riots.

BMW M5 falls to the wrath of Vancouver  rioters-cruiser.jpg

And if you think I am BSing, go through the complete Facebook albums.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.215834148450722.58401.215683225132481

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...15683225132481
leodelg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
I love how most people get on the bandwagon and slam a whole city or country based on the actions by a few drunken idiots.
Hey leodelg, how are you doing, boy? Long time no see!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics. Absolutely loved the real Canadian smiling faces! I have returned back to India in April after completing my education and have found a suitable job. Will be re-visiting British Columbian coasts next year for some more unforgettable vacations!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks