Team-BHP - Ford GT no more.....RIP FORD GT(I'll be back)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Ford GT no more.....RIP FORD GT(I'll be back) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/10328-ford-gt-no-more-rip-ford-gt-ill-back.html)

News: Ford to end production of GT

Ford to Stop Making GT, High-Performance SUV

Ford to end GT sports car

Ford to drop $150,000 GT sports car

Full report here

Ford axes GT, two other cars

Sad that Ford is planning to shut the Ford GT, Lincoln LS and the Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

The Ford GT, in its small amount of life span currently remains one of the best looking car. Just drop dead gorgeous!!!

The Ford GT's production was supposed to end in a short while anyway. It was always planned to be a very limited edition kinda car.
Still, sad to see it go........

Sad to hear that Ford is going to stop the production of the GT. Its one great car.

the death of the GT...
ill remember the end of my fav car

The only car I loved after the F50 was the GT ..... Sad to hear about it ...

man, the ONLY American car i liked was the Ford GT and now they are killing it. I thought these retro models were helping Ford in recovering from their troubles.

It wansnt the Perfect end to a Legend.....FORD GT was truly a great car. Sad to hear they are going to stop making it.
Its one of those cars that looked very futuristic in the 1940's and 50's

New Ford GT was only a special edition. Still sad to see it go.
One of handsome looking car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
It wansnt the Perfect end to a Legend.....FORD GT was truly a great car. Sad to hear they are going to stop making it.
Its one of those cars that looked very futuristic in the 1940's and 50's

Dude, GT only came in 1965-66. Not in 40's and 50's lol.

That is really sad...they were suppose to make 4200 GTs, but unfortunetly they were not able to sell everyone they made in the year..it was suppose to be a 3 yr 1400 cars a year project, but they only sold like 400-500 cars in the first year...and now instead of selling 4200 they would probably only sell a little less than 2k cars..the price of this beauti is just going to sky rocket..after a full year the price had started to come down to MSRP and now they are going to go back up to 100k-200k over sticker..oh well..its a great piece of machinery and its sad..

ford motors CEO should be fired.. a car like this can never allow the company to cut costs..these costs dont even count towards the companies expense as much a bad mass produced model does and ford have a ton of them...instead of cutting out mercury and other crappy brands and models they are cutting the top gun, the jewel from the crown..

bad move on the CEOs part..

Quote:

instead of cutting out mercury and other crappy brands and models they are cutting the top gun, the jewel from the crown..
those crappy brands & models bring in money.
its a business decision by FORD

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day
That is really sad...they were suppose to make 4200 GTs, but unfortunetly they were not able to sell everyone they made in the year..it was suppose to be a 3 yr 1400 cars a year project, but they only sold like 400-500 cars in the first year...and now instead of selling 4200 they would probably only sell a little less than 2k cars..the price of this beauti is just going to sky rocket..after a full year the price had started to come down to MSRP and now they are going to go back up to 100k-200k over sticker..oh well..its a great piece of machinery and its sad..

ford motors CEO should be fired.. a car like this can never allow the company to cut costs..these costs dont even count towards the companies expense as much a bad mass produced model does and ford have a ton of them...instead of cutting out mercury and other crappy brands and models they are cutting the top gun, the jewel from the crown..

bad move on the CEOs part..

they didnt sell 400-500 cars but 1032 cars in its second year run. the first year was like made up of just 6 months as ford couldnt deliver the gt on time in the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
they didnt sell 400-500 cars but 1032 cars in its second year run. the first year was like made up of just 6 months as ford couldnt deliver the gt on time in the market.

Do you know what sold means to the company and what sold means to dealer?

sold for company is cars given away to the dealer

once sold to the dealer they could be rotting on the lot or could be bought by the customer..it doesnt matter to ford..so ofcourse they are going to say they sold 1032, the target was 1400 and not all of the 1032 went to the customers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33
those crappy brands & models bring in money.
its a business decision by FORD

which genius gave you that idea?

lets see lincoln owned by ford, came out with a brand new aviator, costed 51k brand new fully loaded, you know how much I can pick one up for in less than a year? Gues??

31k, yes a 40% depreciation..thats the halat of ford products, so dont be telling me they are making money, if they were they wouldnt be deamed junk and in big financial trouble..