Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:58   #1
BHPian

FED-UP motorist gifts his Porsche to Shooting Club

The $80,000 luxury motor was riddled with more than 10,000 bullets after 140 weapons enthusiasts were done with it.
Its owner decided to make the generous gift after getting fed up with his silver 911's constant engine problems.

More at:LiveLeak.com - Porsche does not survive the shooting range!

Here is the Photo
Attached Thumbnails
FED-UP motorist gifts his Porsche to Shooting Club-porsche.jpg  

Old 24th June 2011, 13:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Porsche taken down by a set of cowards

This seriously is not for the faint hearted. I honestly could not watch the whole video. I could not fathom why on earth anyone would do such a thing on a Porsche !!!

But after this video I do pray and hope Porsche stops selling their car's in the U.S.

Old 24th June 2011, 14:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Porsche taken down by a set of cowards

That's atrocious. Does the video say whats the reason behind it? [speakers were muted as i am in office]. any reason other than bullet proof testing of some sort, this is purely insane.
Old 24th June 2011, 14:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENnist View Post
That's atrocious. Does the video say whats the reason behind it? [speakers were muted as i am in office]. any reason other than bullet proof testing of some sort, this is purely insane.
As per the video it was done to raise money for the 2nd amendment activism in US. As per the US constitution the 2nd amendment provides - right of the people to keep and bear arms.

The Pro Gun lobby in the US is very strong and even though it is not a pretty sight I'm not surprised to see this
lloydofcochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 14:32   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Think there is a separate thread for this subject.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ting-club.html
The owner was furious with the problems he faced with the Porsche and donated it to a shooting club where it was done this atrocity. Like i said, does this look like boom time or post recession.??? Everywhere news of frustrated owners venting their anger on exotics or luxury cars.

Last edited by DicKy : 24th June 2011 at 14:38.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
As per the video it was done to raise money for the 2nd amendment activism in US. As per the US constitution the 2nd amendment provides - right of the people to keep and bear arms.

The Pro Gun lobby in the US is very strong and even though it is not a pretty sight I'm not surprised to see this
This video should be a clear reason to show the dangers of using arms itself. How could anyone do such a heartless thing ?
Old 24th June 2011, 16:15   #7
BANNED

Re: FED-UP motorist gifts his Porsche to Shooting Club

Luckily for Porsche, he was not the Maharaja of Patiala. What the latter did with Rolls is too well known to be repeated!
Old 24th June 2011, 16:21   #8
Team-BHP Support

I am more stunned by the range of weapons owned by the civilians. They had better automatic guns and machines guns than the Indian army.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I am more stunned by the range of weapons owned by the civilians. They had better automatic guns and machines guns than the Indian army.
What you said is true. The Civilians Arms are latest and better equipped than our Indian Army. And our Armed Forces gets raw deal. With all corruptions at all levels, modernising our Armed Forces will remain a distant dream.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
This video should be a clear reason to show the dangers of using arms itself. How could anyone do such a heartless thing ?
What I meant is that even after endless bloodshed by heavily armed civilians the Gun culture in US has stayed. After every ghastly incident the Govt & Congress men does some lip service and that's all about it. See the range of weapons and just imagine what if one of these guys go bonkers with such kind of arms at their disposal

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 24th June 2011 at 16:46.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

What is seen is really insane, we all would want to bash up the owner for handing the Porsche to the shooting club. But at the same time if we were to waer the owners shoes for a moment would we like to know why was he fed up with the engine issues. Maybe he was sold a Lemon. Would this be an eye opener for Porsche who maybe getting away with their brand reputation.

But surely not the way to destroy the car. I recall reading a thread sometime back when an owner of one such beauty had asked the public to thrash the car with hammers.
Old 24th June 2011, 18:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

What an individual does with his or her own money is totally their choice. Yes, it is indeed heart wrenching to see a 996 take such a pounding, but we have to really consider it from the owner's point of view. It is stated that the owner had spent countless hours and tens of thousands in order to try and repair issues associated to the Porsche's engine and cooling systems. One can imagine just how frustrating this must have been, especially when sports cars like these are meant to provide joy (and at most, the odd niggle that can be lovingly resolved).

When a car requires more money to be repaired than what is deemed its current financial value, you can almost consider it to be a 'write-off', akin to if it suffered a major accident. It is not as if he could sell the car on to a keen buyer. Remember, even after this insane treatment, the car will be recyclable. I think what the owner has done is very bold. Porsche took him for a ride with a real stonker of a problem and financial burden to undergo. He one-upped on them by literally serving them this video in their faces.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 24th June 2011 at 18:24.
Old 24th June 2011, 21:28   #13
BHPian

forget about the porsche!! its a cool vid.
but this is not the first example of a rich owner destroying the super car out of frustration.
Old 24th June 2011, 21:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

What's funny is that if an owner of a Skoda lemon were to do something like this, he would be cheered on by most of the posters in this thread.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks