Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 06:09   #1
BHPian

SCOOP: Suzuki EV called as Every Van is revealed

Quote:
Just when you thought the electric van couldn't get any more stylish, Suzuki went out and raised the bar even higher, with its Every van -- a prototype plug-in that has state felony written all over it. Following in the wake of Mitsubishi's Minicab i-MiEV, this love bus is powered by a lithium-ion battery that can be fully juiced in about five hours, with a cruising range of up to 62 miles. It's also a good 400 pounds heavier than its gas-powered predecessor, though, as Integrity Exports explains, its cargo capacity remains fixed at around 550 pounds. For now, Suzuki is sending out just 13 vehicles to a handful of Japanese dealerships, in the hopes of testing the market before a potential widespread launch. No word yet on when that could happen, but Japan's soccer moms and airport shuttle drivers must be licking their chops.
src - Suzuki unveils Every electric van, bead curtains sold separately -- Engadget
gshanky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 11:31   #2
BANNED

Re: SCOOP: Suzuki EV called as Every Van is revealed

Wierd name, Wierd looks. Think the rubbers are disproportionate to the size of this Mini TT. But hey Tata Winger needs some competition and this being an electric vehicle i can almost feel my lungs applauding.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:13   #3
BHPian

This looks like a bigger wagonR. I am not sure if this is a popular design in Japan.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:26   #4
BANNED

That seems more of an Electric Van....

Looks like pics from some other country, resembles the Bigger Wagon-R.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 19th July 2011 at 22:27.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:29   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay it's an electric van, but i don't see what's wrong with the styling or the name.
This kinda styling is not just popular, it defines the kei car style language, of course the WagonR sported this kinda styling before it's toned down for Indian tastes and made more rounded.
And the name, well what we call as the Omni,Versa/Eeco and all have at one point wore the badge 'Every'/'Carry'.
And i won't be surprised if 5(or maybe 10 years down the line) the next basic MUV from Maruti will be this(if at all they don't bring in the APV.)
Old 19th July 2011, 23:22   #6
BHPian

Looks like a chopped from the front, a la VERSA with WagonR headlights.
Battery powered cars with less than 600km range per charge is a no go in the long term if its the only car in the family. Actually I must be day dreaming expecting 600km per charge.
Old 24th July 2011, 00:45   #7
BHPian

I think this is a pretty good attempt by Suzuki for an EV. They've gone a step ahead & made it s van'ish kind of vehicle. It's a perfect city go about for a family with space enough for a full grown dog.

As regards the styling, I'm sure there can be many debates, but these vehicles are technology driven. Once the tech goes public, then am sure the companies will start giving these EV's in good looking avatars
Old 29th July 2011, 01:59   #8
BHPian

Here is another attempt from Suzuki in the field of EV - Couch EV

Here is the source - Suzuki Electric Vehicle Prototype [w/video]

Last edited by gshanky : 29th July 2011 at 02:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks