Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 01:49   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Stunning 2012 Hyundai Azera caught

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Finally the production version of Azera has been launched at LA Auto Show.

Looks stunning as expected since it follows fluidic design. Compliments the car is great interior with excellent features. I would definitely pick this up instead of Toyota Avalon or Buick Lacrosse. Have to test drive one soon.

Just wished they had put in Genesis's 3.8 engine that has 333 hp rather than 293 hp since 3.8 has same EPA mileage but more power.

2012 Hyundai Azera goes Fluidic, gets direct injection power [w/video]
have seen that rear somewhere. Wait. Its a,Maserati!

But I like the overall package. Beautiful car. Good to see hyundai taking the fight to the german camp.
Old 17th November 2011, 03:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
have seen that rear somewhere. Wait. Its a,Maserati!

But I like the overall package. Beautiful car. Good to see hyundai taking the fight to the german camp.
Yes it looks like a Maser. But IIRC, the previous generation azera had the same design. Wonder who copied who?
Old 17th November 2011, 08:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is surely putting up a fight in the design department! I have loved its fluidic designs till now and personally believed that Avante is the best implementation of it. But now, after seeing the Azera, I will be correcting myself.

The interiors looks pretty neat and the dashboard is fabulous!
Old 23rd November 2011, 00:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

i am proud of hyundai for designing a car with such passion!!

all those who think hyundai designs dont have a soul i sujest you imagine the azera with a merc star on the grill and image the c class with simple plain grill with horizontal bars and hyundai logo, would you still think hyundai doesnt have a soul? i understand hyundai doesn have rich history like mercedes and that affects the brand but tell me what is so outstanding about cars like x6 and bmw 5 series based GT? these cars are not going to end up as most beautiful designs in museums either.

Mercedes brand gets its respect only because of the great cars they built in history like grosser S600, 1955 300s, gullwing SL,1936 500k,770k pullman and ofcourse the SLR setc but buying a C class doesnt get you in that segment. if a new compan was to start with a car like C class as their first car people wouldnt have bought one.

Consider both c classes from 2002 and the 2010 model they are neither exclusive in looks nor reliable nor most comfotable for chauffer driven cars . one could excuse the high cost of services and spares if they were reliable but they are not!!

nothing great about interiors either considering the price, being in hyundai you can enjoy sitting in but with c class its like your only concerned about how many people see the three pointed star

Last edited by AMATMO : 23rd November 2011 at 00:17.
Old 23rd November 2011, 02:16   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Finally the production version of Azera has been launched at LA Auto Show.
Finally? This Azera has been on sale in Saudi since July/August. We get just 2 options here, both automatic. The base is SR 95,000, and the fully loaded is around SR 102,000. Compare this with the Accord, which sells at the same price, the Azera is VFM!

Last edited by rg_chn : 23rd November 2011 at 02:18.
Old 23rd November 2011, 02:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
Finally? This Azera has been on sale in Saudi since July/August. We get just 2 options here, both automatic. The base is SR 95,000, and the fully loaded is around SR 102,000. Compare this with the Accord, which sells at the same price, the Azera is VFM!
Hey, i mentioned finally w.r.t North America production. Its still not here yet. Will start selling by next month. Yes it is VFM without any doubt. In USA it is pricier than accord by some $5000(model to model). It goes straight up with Toyota Avalon and Buick lacrosse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks