Team-BHP - BMW-hit with an ugly stick?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   BMW-hit with an ugly stick? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/10655-bmw-hit-ugly-stick.html)

If you own a BMW that is a pre-2003 model and like some of our over-enthusiasts if you were not satisfied with its looks and wanted it to look..........perhaps nonsense,you could do the following:

OR

OR roll it over to make it look ugly

Well but now it is a little different,you donot have to do any of the above to make it look ugly,just buy any of these:
1)3-series

2)3-series coupe(if you could wait till 2007)

3)the ugly duckling

4)V5-MPV(in 2007)

5)7-series

It's a Frankenstein world out here in BMW,they just get uglier.
They are awesome cars to drive thats the reason they sell so many,but why make them look plain,old,ugly,look at the front end(1,3 & 7), so droopy, and passive,just dsnt have the fire of the 5 or the M5 on its face.These cars are simply hideous to look at.
Before everyone started blaming Bangle,the (2006)Z4,5 and the 6 look good,its not like they cant design good looking cars.
So everytime BMW makes an ugly car,Mercedes gains.

Note from Team-BHP Staff: Please provide the original link/source to all these images.

Hey, the 7 series is not bad except those wheels surely are! Looks like you are not a Bangle fan, eh?

I love the 7..if you dont take the brand new S class into consideration I think it was
S
A8
LS

now that the new S and LS are out
S & 7
LS
A8

Turbolader,

I dunno what makes you think that BMW makes ugly cars. Look at Mercedes and Ford. They intially went about trying to pull Chris Bangle's pants down. Now they are following his footsteps. Look at the S- not only are the interiors inspired by the 7, even the exteriors. Check out the boot lip or even the BMW inspired flame surfacing lines.

You are talking about the V5. It's completely camouflaged in the pics you've put up, so you can't say anything right now. Ditto for the 3-series coupe, but from whatever reneditions are available, it seems to be quite a stunner!

Ask some design chiefs from various auto manufacturers, and they'll admit that Chris Bangle, Hooydonk and the rest at BMW are influencing their design philosophy.

And oh, BMW somehow are on the verge of outdoing Mercedes at the production front. Bangle designed cars and all.

And another point. Most of the cars that came before 2002 (E39, E38, E46 etc) were all Chris Bangle designs. Go figure!

Revv

Its not that i am anti-Bangle,or that i didnt know that most of the cars that came before 2002 (E39, E38, E46 etc) were all Chris Bangle designs.Its just that BMW's recent design direction is wrong.Just look at the rear end of the 3-series,it is just as ugly as ever.Compare it to the 3-series oldies,not with the Mercs or Fords.
Quote:

Look at the S- not only are the interiors inspired by the 7, even the exteriors. Check out the boot lip or even the BMW inspired flame surfacing lines.
The rear of the Toyota Avalon and 3-series do resemble one another,i wont deny the fact that a lot of brands are copying BMWs, its just their own way to somehow tweak up their sales,but they might either look uglier or better.Again there are a no. of people who say the 6 is a copy of the Sebring.

I do love the precise engineering,the performance & the attention to design detail that you see in the past BMWs,but in the recent years they've become less daring when it comes to design.
Look at the 5 or the 6 awesome to look at or the new 2006 Z4 something daring and ground breaking,why not make the 1,3 & 7 look as daring?

I might be the only one out here criticizing the Bangle design,btu beauty is in the eye of the beholder.