Team-BHP - Ford has got its 'Mojo' back! And how! The Ford Evos Concept.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Ford has got its 'Mojo' back! And how! The Ford Evos Concept. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/107011-ford-has-got-its-mojo-back-how-ford-evos-concept.html)

Now I don't generally flood the forum with new topics on new concept-cars or new cars in production, unless it's a Porsche, or if it's very interesting, or both! :D

But I've made an exception with this one.

Ford calls it the Evos, and it's still a concept, but knowing how Ford converts their concepts into everyday production cars, the Evos will be a tasty prospect in a few years.

The car is distinguished, largely by those phenomenal doors, and the way it opens and shuts. The car itself looks spectacular, with shades of Mitsubishi and Audi here and there. The interior looks like nothing else today, either. But don't get too excited, it's just a concept after all. I particularly love the way the driver's seat is in a shade of red, and has all the driver-aid controls built into it.

No prizes for guessing what's in the engine-bay. It's a hybrid.

Now that's a surprise. :p

Also, what's really interesting about this car, is that it has its own 'cloud', where the data pertaining to the cars engine and it's functions, and other bits are stored in a 'virtual cloud' where even mundane things like weather forecasts and driver's-work-schedule can be sourced. So smart!

Anyway, here is a link for those who would like to know more about this car.

Ford Evos Concept

Ford has also announced a tie-up with Toyota on development of hybrids , good to see the company trying to keep ahead of the pack after the mistakes of the last century
Ford, Toyota to Collaborate on Developing New Hybrid System - International Business Times

WOW! This one looks staright out of some futuristic NFS Game. Totally loved the design. Fantastic. And yeah a Ford car that looks Smart with edges.

WOW just amazing. The car just looks futuristic and awesome. But can we have such production cars rather than companies making us drop in our jaws by looking at such prototypes. Ford Iosis was one such car but it never made it to the production line. Ford Iosis was one such car that was looking forward too making it to the production line but never say the day of light.

However this could also be an indicator of the next generation 'stang (Mustang). It does have some design hints (BOSS inspired).

Quite a looker that one but like most concepts the actual production model will not actually look as good as that now would it ?...

Quote:

Originally Posted by puneet_b (Post 2491824)
Quite a looker that one but like most concepts the actual production model will not actually look as good as that now would it ?...

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 2488991)
WOW just amazing. The car just looks futuristic and awesome. But can we have such production cars rather than companies making us drop in our jaws by looking at such prototypes. Ford Iosis was one such car but it never made it to the production line. Ford Iosis was one such car that was looking forward too making it to the production line but never say the day of light.

Don't be too sure about that.

The Iosis watered down into the new Mondeo that's sold in some markets abroad. It too, just like this concept, had mad doors that swung open upwards. But they never made it to the production version of the Mondeo.

But the rest of the concept's original design was retained. Ford made the production Mondeo look as close to the Iosis as possible. IMO, they did a great job.

One can expect the EVOS to carry its original design cues into it's production counterpart. At least 80% of it would be the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 2489002)
However this could also be an indicator of the next generation 'stang (Mustang). It does have some design hints (BOSS inspired).

I'm not too sure if it would turn out to be the new Mustang. This would, in all probability, be a Euro-spec Ford. My guess is that it would be the new Focus? Or a mini-SUV/mini-crossover sort of thing based on the Focus, like the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque?

My guess is that this is Ford's take on a lifestyle vehicle. :)