Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2006, 08:54   #16
BHPian

At last the insurance company is the looser.
Old 23rd February 2006, 09:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Is that engine up for sale?!
Psycho already took the next flight to LA
Old 23rd February 2006, 11:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

So bad to see another exotic crashed, the driver should have been crazy doing that kind of speeds on normal roads
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:03   #19
BHPian

Damn the pics........can't see this beauty in this state. What kind of idiot was that guy?????? .....feel like crying :(
Old 25th February 2006, 08:36   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod
Damn the pics........can't see this beauty in this state. What kind of idiot was that guy?????? .....feel like crying :(
who is the guy ? Here goes !
http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/ne...?news_id=14007

Spectacular photos have been all over the internet this week of a £1million car crash - and it seems that there's more to the story than a simple loss of control by an over-enthusiastic wealthy petrol head. Police in Malibu have named the driver of the car as Stefan Eriksson, the former boss of bankrupt gadget firm Gizmondo, and said that not only was he was over the legal drink-drive limit, he had been racing a Mercedes-McLaren SLR at over 120mph along the Pacific Coast Highway.

Gizmondo went into liquidation this week with debts of £210million, and faces allegations that its directors squandered investors' cash on lavish playboy lifestyles. The company failed to deliver many of its gaming devices, however, and never posed a threat to the Sony Playstation, Xbox and suchlike. Eriksson's Enzo - one of just 400 made - is said to have been the property of the Bank of Scotland, which was attempting to repossess it at the time of the crash, which left it in two pieces with its engine nearly a quarter of a mile away from the bodyshell.

Miraculously, and in a fantastic tribute to the Enzo's safety structure, Eriksson was virtually unhurt; he tried to run from the accident scene but was picked up by a police helicopter later in the morning. He had claimed that he was the passenger in the car, and that a mystery German friend he knew only as "Dietrich" had been at the wheel - a claim dismissed by police, who said that only the driver's airbag had activated, and that blood on the airbag matched Eriksson's, who had a cut to his lip. The 44 year-old, whose company is now under investigation in the UK for £25-£30million owed to the Inland Revenue, may not miss his Enzo too much, though: he is said to still own no fewer than three SLRs, assuming he is allowed to keep a licence to drive them.
Old 25th February 2006, 09:37   #21
BHPian

that car is a dream and to shatter such a dream takes an award winning nutcase.....but this crash is also a testimony to the amazing levels of safety offered by a ferrari....just goes to show how much ferrari have learnt and applied from their f1 experiences ,not only in terms of achieving great speeds but also in saving senseless driver`s if they disrespect the state of the art beauty.
Old 25th February 2006, 12:12   #22
BHPian

Whoa, thats a nasty crash and I cant believe the driver walked away from that crash!
Old 25th February 2006, 16:10   #23
BHPian

The Enzo Belongs to a blokle called Steffan. He owns Gizzmondo. He is a a serious collection of cars. I did mention it in one of my post ( My garage Current and past ) .
He has 2 Enzos = 1 red with black interior
1 Black with black ( Crashed ) I really liked this car cos
it had tubi exhaust running with a cat. Black wheels
painted. Full Alpine music.

2 SLR = silver and a black ones
1 Phantom - Black
1 Maybach - Black
2 Carrera GT = Silver and yes a Black one
1 Pagani Zona = Orange

I know him cos we went on the Gumball 3000 from London to Monaco in summer of 2004. Hes a cool guy and does not give about money. He is a fast but careful driver, not like him to write off a car. During Xmas last year he lent his SLR to a friend of his who spun it on a round about and crashed into the payment. Repair Bill - 120K .
And yes he has the best looking birds around him all the time. Now he is really living the dream!!!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further to prevent your account from being permanently disabled from this board.
Old 25th February 2006, 18:31   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y
. Now he is really living the dream!!!!
No he ain't - he is bankrupt and got a lot of creditors after him apparently - he'll get done considering he was over the limit and lied to the cops
Old 26th February 2006, 01:18   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Is that engine up for sale?!
I am looking for a engine for my indica
Old 26th February 2006, 09:52   #26
BHPian

gUYS DO YOU THINK THE POOR FELLOW MIGHT BE FEELING BAD ABOUT WHAT HE DID TO THE CAR? I MEAN....HE MIGHT BE BANGING HIS HEAD AS WE SPEAK....
Old 26th February 2006, 13:11   #27
BHPian

I spoke to Christian ,its only a car. And the bad news is that the enzo he was racing was his as well, The SLR did not get damaged as bad as the complete writee off the Enzo. The SLR is still driveable and he is not allowed to leave America till the police finish the complete investigation as in who was driving the car. His Brief ( lawyer ) is on thier case. I know he is doing the Gumball 3000 this year too. He will be using his Pagani Zonda.
Yeah the company has folded and gone down under but he aint lost much cos he had tucked away a few bob.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further to prevent your account from being permanently disabled from this board.
Old 26th February 2006, 15:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y
He has 2 Enzos = 1 red with black interior
1 Black with black ( Crashed ) I really liked this car cos
it had tubi exhaust running with a cat. Black wheels
painted. Full Alpine music.
Has the black enzo already been crashed . if this aint a typo error. then the correct verbiage should have been "He HAD 2 Enzos- both crashed"
Old 26th February 2006, 15:52   #29
BHPian

Watching the pics & vids...i remmember there was a similar crash of a Ford ikon at Worli seaface, mumbai...the car was ripped into 3-4 pieces...it was the worst accident i have ever seen in my life....
Old 26th February 2006, 15:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp
Watching the pics & vids...i remmember there was a similar crash of a Ford ikon at Worli seaface, mumbai...the car was ripped into 3-4 pieces...it was the worst accident i have ever seen in my life....
the only dfference is that the Ikon's driver was dead on spot while the Enzo driver has managed to run off from the site which indicates without a scratch almost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks