Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 08:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Mission L Concept Revealed - The next Laura?

Skoda has unveiled the MissionL Concept which previews a new generation of the brand. The concept is believed to be the canvas for the next Octavia (Laura for us).
Quote:
Skoda has releases these teaser images of the upcoming MissionL concept.
The MissionL concept is meant to preview new Skoda design and technical principals, and perhaps even give us a hint as to the upcoming next-generation Octavia. But Skoda only says the concept is a compact 5-door hatchback, is near production-ready and that it will be launched in China, Europe and Russia.
The new compact 5-door hatch appears to be a new C-segment (Golf class) car for Europe slotted between the Fabia and Octavia models.
The press release doesn't provide any real details but in looking at the design here, we see echoes of the VW brand's design paradigm, especially that thick shoulder line that stretches across the length of the car.
And Skoda is going to need to add models to its lineup if it is going to meet its goal of selling 1.5 million units a year by 2018.
Source
Skoda Mission L Concept Revealed - The next Laura?-1594303555899605350.jpg

Skoda Mission L Concept Revealed - The next Laura?-16565835361116733992.jpg
Old 6th September 2011, 10:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda Mission L Concept Revealed - The next Laura?

Unmistakeable Skoda lineage - looks nice to me. Other than the alloys. As the Laurette gets ready to launch soon, here is a more futuristic looking one already on the anvil.

Hope the service improves alongside.

Cheers
Old 6th September 2011, 10:32   #3
BHPian

We can see where this is going, cant we? In the right lighting, I think the resemblance would be pretty high between the Jetta and this.

Old 6th September 2011, 14:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looks pretty good actually. Except for those alloys. Quite like the front grill design as well.
@Aurum: You are right. There sure is a resemblence with the Jetta. Well, seems like VW is extending the family look to its cousins also now.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Caught a glimpse of something different on the way to work & decided to click it. Looked familiar but different at the same time. Couldn't get the front view! Not sure if this is the same model being discussed! Although, the rear tail lamps (Brake lamps design) looks the same as posted in the first post.
That looks like a Vento. Don't see anything special in it. But strangely without badges. Can anyone explain this? Something fishy about that Vento?

Anyway, I can assure that car has nothing to do with the MissionL Concept.
Old 6th September 2011, 14:46   #6
BHPian

Beats me bro! The side lines were completely different too, not the Vento, but definitely looked like one at first glance, or even the Jetta!

Last edited by mb_jg : 6th September 2011 at 14:47.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beats me bro! The side lines were completely different too, not the Vento, but definitely looked like one at first glance, or even the Jetta!
Jetta? No way, the all-new Jetta is the one pictured right above your first post. It doesn't look a thing like the Vento.

Other possibility is that, it being the Skoda Lauretta (Vento rival) undergoing tests with a VW badge. Chances are steep though when they could simply mask up the logo.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Jetta? No way, the all-new Jetta is the one pictured right above your first post. It doesn't look a thing like the Vento.

Other possibility is that, it being the Skoda Lauretta (Vento rival) undergoing tests with a VW badge. Chances are steep though when they could simply mask up the logo.
There were 2 cars with 3 passengers in each car, each sporting a nice tie & suit. All were working on their resp laptops monitoring something! Definitely something going on here!

Last edited by mb_jg : 6th September 2011 at 15:41.
Old 6th September 2011, 15:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Its probably the 1.4 Petrol Vento which was first sighted here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2379370
Old 6th September 2011, 17:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Caught a glimpse of something different on the way to work & decided to click it. Looked familiar but different at the same time. Couldn't get the front view! Not sure if this is the same model being discussed! Although, the rear tail lamps (Brake lamps design) looks the same as posted in the first post.
I think it's a Skoda, the tail lamps, the curve on the boot, they ain't VW. Could be the Lauretta! If i'm not mistaken, the color is Cappuccino Beige, VW doesn't use that color for their lineup. There seems to be some stick paste job on the boot and badge. Could be a camo, VW is known for that. They disguised Vento as a Fiesta, remember.
Old 6th September 2011, 18:07   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
I think it's a Skoda, the tail lamps, the curve on the boot, they ain't VW. Could be the Lauretta! If i'm not mistaken, the color is Cappuccino Beige, VW doesn't use that color for their lineup. There seems to be some stick paste job on the boot and badge. Could be a camo, VW is known for that. They disguised Vento as a Fiesta, remember.
Chief, it's got the VW badge sitting pretty prominently on the boot!!
Old 6th September 2011, 18:09   #12
BHPian

The side view looks very similar to present day Audis and the front view resembles the VWs . I loved the old skodas with that traditional colonel moustache grill . But now they are messing it up .
Old 6th September 2011, 18:26   #13
BHPian

Well, now you know how anonymous the VW group as a whole is getting.. interchange a badge and you can fool half the population!

Sure looks like the Skoda version of the Vento to me.

I will not deign to call this a baby Laura, though Volkswagen AG must desperately want us all to believe that some of big brother's genes are going to rub off onto this. Hmmm, they have a similar "proposition" to offer in the VW stable as well.

Who's buying?
Old 6th September 2011, 18:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Chief, it's got the VW badge sitting pretty prominently on the boot!!
It ain't Jetta for sure, and this is the Vento rear
Skoda Mission L Concept Revealed - The next Laura?-vwvento05.jpg

I bet my 2cents, what you've posted is the first real scoop of the Lauretta. Look back at the old pre-release pages of Vento, the road tests were performed with in the guise of a Fiesta, fake bumpers, Ford badge an' all!
Old 6th September 2011, 18:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
It ain't Jetta for sure, and this is the Vento rear
Attachment 605348

I bet my 2cents, what you've posted is the first real scoop of the Lauretta. Look back at the old pre-release pages of Vento, the road tests were performed with in the guise of a Fiesta, fake bumpers, Ford badge an' all!
Yep, the side lines were completely different. I wanted to catch a glimpse of the front, but the incompetent driver was nervous as hell driving in peak traffic
Closed Thread

Most Viewed