Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 09:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
i30 debuted at Frankfurt!
Wow! Hyundai has corrected the grille and the i30 looks fabulous. With the 1st gen i30 already becoming a big success for Hyundai, the all-new model is just going to carry on from where its predecessor left. Great going Hyundai!
Old 16th September 2011, 09:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Now that is one hot looking hatch! Kudos to Hyundai for pulling it off with a nice design. Any interior pics?
Old 1st October 2011, 22:51   #33
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
found this on Youtube a review on i30
isn't this the old i30?

Just saw all new i30 introduction film reveal in youtube
HyundaiWorldwide's Channel - YouTube
Old 1st October 2011, 23:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

VW Group CEO Winterkorn has a close look at the i30 and is impressed...What can Hyundai do silently and inexpensively that Volkswagen and BMW can't?
According to ACI its coming here in 2012.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 1st October 2011 at 23:07.
Old 1st October 2011, 23:19   #35
BHPian

IMHO the exterior is all same as other models nothing new, however front grill could have been better. Interiors are all jazzy which would definitely not be part of India model for sure.
Hyundai engineers are making all their cars on fluidic design, which I am afraid but might have shorter product cycle as it would start looking older and similar.
Old 23rd October 2011, 16:02   #36
BHPian

Has the i30 been launched in India ?
My brother says that he saw a half page ad in TOI a few days ago.
Old 24th October 2011, 16:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Has the i30 been launched in India ?
My brother says that he saw a half page ad in TOI a few days ago.
The i30 is not launched in India and Hyundai is not planning to launch the model in India anytime soon. That's a right decision by Hyundai as the Indian market is still not mature enough to buy a hatchback for around 10-12 Lacs. The ad that your brother is refering to could be that of the Eon. Every new Hyundai now looks almost the same, courtesy 'Fluidic Sculpture', isn't it?
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 13:02   #38
BHPian

^^
Right said that!
The fluidic designs will stagnate in some time, and then, all Hyundai's will look the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Punto? That looks more like the Jaguar XK-R S, actually!

Don't you think?
Hell no!
Except the odd front bumper, as a matter of fact there's no similarity between the two..
Old 26th October 2011, 11:54   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post

Hell no!
Except the odd front bumper, as a matter of fact there's no similarity between the two..
Ummm, I request you to go through my post once again. I wasn't referring to the actual i30. It's the photo-shopped picture in the same page that I was talking about. The grille is a straight lift off the Jag XKR-S. Take some time to go through the picture and compare it to the picture of the same Jag that I put up for reference.
Old 4th November 2011, 09:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i30 Prototype Testdrive Report by TopGear

Source
Quote:
This is a prototype so I'm not going to stick my neck out too far. But on the back of an early-doors drive I'd say the new Hyundai i30 is going to be an even more competitive car than the i40, which we've already said we rather like.

The i30 is a crack at the heart of the Focus market - or maybe at the Honda Civic, because the thing Hyundai still does sensationally well is making customers happy with its reliability and warranty. More than that recently people have been equally chuffed with the way their Hyundais look and drive, so they're getting absolutely stellar results in the customer satisfaction surveys. Those leagues where we used to see the Japanese dominate.

And if they liked their old i30s they're going to be blown away by this one.

Course, that's not entirely the point. Being better to look at and drive than the old Hyundai i30 is one thing. What matters is nosing up to the true class of the field.

There's a quiet and free-running 128bhp diesel engine that actually slips in under the 100g/km CO2 barrier. That means Mr Mean-Trousers fuel economy combined with perfectly okay performance. The gearbox is precise. The steering ditto, and it's got the right amount of progression and weight (actually, you can switch the weight but there's little point as all settings are similar). The steering wheel doesn't give you much feel for the grip, mind.

The ergonomics are great. It's one of those cars you just sit in and drive - you don't notice the seats because they're in just the right place and are just the right shape. Not too soft, not too firm. In a lot of the rivals, I find myself endlessly fiddling with the seat adjusters in search of a comfy position that never quite comes. The i30 gets all the basics right.

Beyond the basics, it's got some sweet touches, like smartly creased exterior metal, and a well-detailed and well-illuminated dash. It rides quietly, though most of the time I had four people aboard and in any car that always levels the ride at gentle speeds. It's also pretty undisturbed on motorways, especially as mine was an early car and they usually have a lot of wind noise. Mind you, it was a busy day and I couldn't get the space to go above 80.

There you are then, hardly a comprehensively road-testery way of checking out a new car. It was an early drive of a near-production prototype. No squealing cornering, no flat-out acceleration. Just normal driving like people normally do. And driven like that, it was ruddy hard to pick holes.

The only thing is, the prices haven't been announced because as I write it's four months until it goes on sale. We're hearing Hyundai people talking about leading with the chin here. They should be careful. A surprisingly expensive Hyundai is a bad idea: Hyundai is supposed to be about nice surprises.

Paul Horrell

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks