Team-BHP - Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/107419-next-gen-hyundai-i30-revealed-ahead-frankfurt.html)

The New i30 features a much more aggressive design meant to appeal to younger buyers.
Quote:

Hyundai has revealed the next-generation i30 model ahead of its debut at the IAA Frankfurt auto show next week.
The new i30 features Hyundai's signature hexagonal-shaped grille and a "jewel-like" headlight design. Its muscular shoulder-line is also in keeping with a general trend in the segment of styling broad-shouldered hatches (like the VW Golf).
The i30 is Hyundai's offering in the largest segment by volume sales in Europe - a C-segment hatchback that goes up against the likes of the VW Golf, Opel Astra and the Ford Focus. Sales in 2010 for the i30 were 115,000 units in Europe. VW sells around 500,000 units of the Golf in Europe each year.
Hyundai is hoping to make further gains in the segment with the new i30.
Allan Rushforth, Chief Operating Officer of Hyundai Motor Europe, says in the press release, "We expect the new-generation i30 to appeal to young, progressive buyers who want a car that not only performs well but looks great too."
Hyundai did not release any details on engines or trims for the new i30 but did say they will stay with the Five Year Triple Care package which provides five years of unlimited-mileage warranty, roadside assistance, and regular service checks.
Source
Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt!-6708646702100546719.jpg

Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt!-15710178541160391065.jpg

Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt!-9632787971675384118.jpg

Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt!-1349716227662151682.jpg

Next-Gen Hyundai i30 - Revealed ahead of Frankfurt!-14689044561449461698.jpg

Worse gets even worse.
Even young crowd will stay away from this one. Why can't they get a decent Italian design house to design for them?
Call me old fashioned but I prefer clean lines rather than this riot of curves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2497476)
Worse gets even worse.
Even young crowd will stay away from this one. Why can't they get a decent Italian design house to design for them?
Call me old fashioned but I prefer clean lines rather than this riot of curves.

I don't consider you 'old' fashioned at all, in fact, your statement is 'very' fashionable. Hyundai bashing is becoming rather 'fashionable', indeed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 2497476)
Worse gets even worse.

agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 2497508)
I don't consider you 'old' fashioned at all, in fact, your statement is 'very' fashionable. Hyundai bashing is becoming rather 'fashionable', indeed.

Oh, come on. This is too much in the face. I agree with download2live. The front has lost it. Saving grace is the rear,which looks appealing. Look at the day time running lights! Hyundai has gone overboard with 'bling'.

The front looks like an owl's face. But, that's me. I have my opinion and you can have yours.

IMHO I don't find anything objectionable about this, its very sharp but it is coherent and seems to follow a design language. It seems spacious and is definitely not bad looking. Its distinct maybe not smooth flowing design some would like. But design is always subjective.

An evolution for Hyundai certainly. They should better engineer their cars for handling.

That front is quite a mess. Too many curves, too many elements. It's absolute confusion! Looks like the designers at Hyundai got a bit excited and worked overtime. Definitely not my cup of tea. The side-profile and the rear aren't too bad. But the front needs to be changed. It almost reminds me of the preying-mantis Verna Transform. :D

Isn't the i30, a Verna without a boot, or rather the Verna is the i30 with a boot?

I don't think we'll find this coming to our shores anytime soon. It would be much too expensive and wouldn't fit in our price sensitive market, where a 10 lakh hatch would be constantly spat on.

Love the design!!! The front fender is a bit off from the rest of the body, but overall a great design!

i45 is a lot curvy too! Its their fluidic design thing. Same applies to current verna!

If it gets here unmodified(design wise), I'd definitely get one! :D

yikes... i am sorry but this would start to look old in no time. Its a bit too showy, a bit too flash for my liking. Golf over this any which day.

IMHO the front grill does not work for me. The Interiors seem great though. The clutch and gear pedals seem good also.

@ Mods - There is another thread started by OO7 bond regarding i 30. May be both the threads be merged.

Wont go to the extent of saying it looks bad. But the problem of Hyundai design continues. Its one of the designer trying too hard, and not knowing when to actually stop designing. He has left creases, lines, angles all over the place. The basic shape is pretty good, but there are just too many design elements cluttered all over the body.

Other than that, this car reminds me of one other car from a completely unrelated category. It's the Ferrari 458 Italia.

That is because, look at that steering wheel, which is a complete button overload, like that of the 458. Any more buttons and an F1 driver will feel at home with that steering wheel.

Also, why do I want machined aluminum pedals on a car like this???

The front doesnt look bad, its good actually. The interiors look pretty neat. Its more like the ix35 (Tucson?) and the Avante.

I LOVED the design... I dont know what others think but lately, I have started liking Hyundai cars & their designs a lot, especially the 'i' series. Love the way the LEDs are integrated in the fogs.

Infact, I feel their cars are sturdier than their Jap competitors' (read suzuki & toyota). Their diesel engines are again awesome.

The DRLs look fine to me,rather nice. Front design is nice and aggressive but the grille is a big BIG turn off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2497613)
Isn't the i30, a Verna without a boot, or rather the Verna is the i30 with a boot?

I don't think we'll find this coming to our shores anytime soon. It would be much too expensive and wouldn't fit in our price sensitive market, where a 10 lakh hatch would be constantly spat on.

agree:Quite right about the ANHV similarity. May be it might come as an cosmetic upgrade to ANHVlol:.

Hyundai cars' designs are like a roller coaster ride! And this i30's design is like roller curvy coaster ride! :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 2497815)
The DRLs look fine to me,rather nice. Front design is nice and aggressive but the grille is a big BIG turn off.

agree:Quite right about the ANHV similarity. May be it might come as an cosmetic upgrade to ANHVlol:.

Good God, you're right. There is a huge possibility that in a few years, the face-lifted fluidic Verna might look like this, of course in sedan guise! The current Verna isn't a great car. It's dynamically challenged to a great extent and costs quite a bit too. The top-end touches 13 lakhs, which is a huge amount on a C+ car. The only thing it has going for it is its looks and the features it has to offer.

If Hyundai decides to face-lift the Verna and make it look like this, I'm going to curl up and die. :Frustrati