Team-BHP - 2012 Honda Civic hatchback for Europe revealed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2012 Honda Civic hatchback for Europe revealed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/107693-2012-honda-civic-hatchback-europe-revealed.html)

After a few teasers, Honda has finally taken the wraps off the new 2012 Honda Civic hatchback, primarily targeted towards the European markets. As always, the Euro Civic is more funkier and more modern compared to the North American version that debuted a few months ago to a not so rousing reception. But, just like the North American version, this new Euro Civic is also not leagues ahead of the model it is replacing, atleast in terms of design.

According to Honda, the design of the latest Euro Civic is inspired from a 'blended wing body' airplane in which the fuselage and wings blend into a single body for superior aerodynamic performance.

Article & Image Source: Autoblog - We Obsessively Cover the Auto Industry (Europe's Honda Civic hatchback spills out ahead of Frankfurt debut)

Is it only me?

THe side profile reminds me of the Optra SRV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 2503607)
Is it only me?

Yes I agree and I fee the rear looks like Prius.

Yuck! Whatever happened to Honda designers! There are turning out newer generations that look bad compared to earlier ones. Love the way the interior focuses on the driver though!

Same happened to the Civic and now the hatchback! :Frustrati From the clean and sharp lines to mix-and-match and plastics.
2012 Honda Civic hatchback for Europe revealed-800px2006_honda_civic_5door.jpg
(Pic source - wiki)

It looks good! :thumbs up

There is an element of Hyundai at the front end, but not much. The side-profile does resemble the Chevrolet SR-V, largely due to that raked rear wind-screen, and the wrap-around tail-lights. The interiors looks fantastic! It's a pity that we'll never see this Civic in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 2503607)
Is it only me?

Yes, it does resemble the Optra SRV to an extent but isn't the Optra SRV much much better looking than this new Civic?

Just one request to Honda, if you have fired the people who have designed the earlier generation hondas. PLEASE re-hire them.

Having a digital speedo on the extended dash is ok. Shifting the whole instrument panel in front of the driver's eyes is plainly obtrusive!
And whats up with the circular vents, Honda?

P.S.: Is it just me or do the Headlamps actually remind you of the Reventon in the 4th pic?

It looks like they will soon launch a Civic P model, P for plastic! Th level of plastics inside and out is increasing tremendously. Even the current model in India is filled with some 100 plastic panels all over. Waiting for the day when we will get plastic engine, transmission and suspension elements. Btw, interior looks good, and feels better than the 2012 sedan interiors seen in US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
P.S.: Is it just me or do the Headlamps actually remind you of the Reventon in the 4th pic?

Reminds me of the current generation honda city. only addition to the front end seems to be the projector headlamp, and that gaping grill.

Civic Hatchback ? What is Honda thinking ?
However the alloys are awesome and the interior dashboard is top notch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanedar (Post 2503890)

Its nothing new athanedar. Honda has always had the Civic Hatchback in its European lineup. This is just a new generation being unveiled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by athanedar (Post 2503890)
However the alloys are awesome and the interior dashboard is top notch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvi86 (Post 2503960)
Its nothing new athanedar. Honda has always had the Civic Hatchback in its European lineup. This is just a new generation being unveiled.

Exactly.

In some markets, mostly European, the Civic is sold as a hatchback. Honda has been offering it since 1973. :) You see, the European car-buying population prefer larger hatchbacks rather than sedans.

Many European hatchbacks have been given the 'sedan' treatment. The Volkswagen Jetta is a Golf with a boot. The Opel/Vauxhall Astra is sold as a hatch there, but in other markets, they've given it a boot, for some other markets. It's available in several body-styles, actually.

Front end resembles the ANHC while the side profile looks like the New Ford Fiesta.

I liked the design and interiors. Honda bring on this car. It will not sell like hot cakes. But there will be takers.

Cheers!

Oh my god, i really do not like it, its like front end is current honda City with new headlamps and the rest half body stolen from Prius. :eek:
What is honda thinking. And to top it all, it does not look like a luxury sedan anymore :Frustrati