Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 04:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored

Quote:
A Ferrari Enzo, tuned by Edo Competition, has crashed in the Targa Newfoundland. Details are limited, but the car's driver, Zahir Rana, apparently lost control, overcorrected and ended up driving into the Atlantic Ocean.
Thankfully, Rana escaped unharmed and downplayed the accident by saying "I'm well and fine, it's only a car - it's not a big deal." He jokingly added, now we'll get an FXX.
Source
The Man
Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-3455485.bin.jpg

The Machine
Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-edocompetitionenzoxxevolutionfrontthreequarterspassenger.jpg

The Aftermath
Name:  ZahirRanaEnzoFerrariCrash2.png
Views: 6133
Size:  354.6 KB
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 06:52   #2
BHPian

re: Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored

oooh! pity to see the Enzo like that. But see, it saved the occupant. Someone told me a few years back -"safety is about how much you value your head" - the price one pays for such cars does come back to save us to a large extent! of course, no one can help crazy drivers.
Old 20th September 2011, 08:06   #3
BHPian

re: Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored

It does not look totaled, seems repairable. But the man says he's gonna get the FXX.
And looking at the way he is sitting this was sure to happen, he is sitting so close to the steering that proper steering control is not very possible. Hands should have some room to control the car.
Old 20th September 2011, 08:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Its awesome to see that nothings happened to him. Secondly, he might look indian, but he is far from it - being born in Kenya and now a Canadian citizen, He is as much Indian as say Freddie Mercury!

I like the attitude though - its just a car, and I am walking away from it.
madan80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 08:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents:

- Zahir Rana is not Indian, he is a native Kenyan, born and raised in Kenya.

- I have seen this car personally at ZR Auto, his exotic cars workshop in Calgary, Alberta. What a car it was! TC'ed, SC'ed Ferraris and Lamborghinis are easy to spot in his garage.

- Last time I met him back in late 2009, I think he said he is going to Novitec Rosso for modifying this car, his F430 was NR modified too! Guess he went with Edo instead later on!

- Rana has been through police investigation about high speeding his Enzo on public roads.

It is a tragic end to this mean car and I am sure Rana is going to replace it with something better than Enzo. But alas, one more Enzo....
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 12:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

I'm glad you posted this video Scorcher.

Without it, there'd be endless speculation about how the driver might not be able to handle such a car, and how he might have been going too fast, etc.

The video clearly shows how supercars can BITE back, even at low speeds. Straight road, with a barely noticeable patch of dirt/gravel (see the dust as he drives over it) and well over 600 HP turns out to be an unfortunate combo!

I always tell people that they might have the biggest brakes, 335 mm of tyre, the ultimate handling -- but if the road surface isn't good, all of that means NOTHING.

I like his attitude. Though i can't help but think that being in a different mode might have saved him from that fishtail (i'm assuming he was in RACE).

Just found this :
Quote:
To keep control on public roads, world champ Schumacher insisted Ferrari lower the threshold of the ASR (traction control) intervention in its default mode. Race mode raises that level for aggressive driving; switch off the ASR for track work. In tight corners, the Enzo understeers moderately. Above 80 mph you increasingly feel the downforce working, the handling balance changing to whatever the driver's right foot demands in ASR's off or race mode.
Source

cya
R

PS - Changes "Indian" to "Zahir Rana" in the title. There are also some other videos of his cars on the forum.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th September 2011 at 12:35.
Rehaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, even I have been a fan of Zahir Rana and his collctions but never thought he was an Indian. Yesterday a friend popped up with a link saying that an Indian wrecked his Enzo. Even I was taken by surprise. My bad I posted before much research on his nationality. Thanks for correcting bros, appreciate it!
Old 10th October 2012, 14:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

1 year and some loose change later, yeah, she's back, now christened Enzo ZXX

Nope, its not just skin deep, the 6.3 V12 now churns out 950hp!

Source
Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-145288082762628049.jpg

Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-5058992741816866929.jpg

Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-4371135061298228279.jpg

Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-21053565181359405215.jpg

Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-19924108551249229385.jpg

Zahir Rana wrecks his heavily modded one-off Ferrari Enzo! EDIT - Now Restored-66361844388949395.jpg
Scorcher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 14:27   #9
BHPian

I like this guy's spirited attitude. He's back and that too with 110BHP more of bang!
Old 10th October 2012, 15:43   #10
BHPian

Just look at those Exhausts. They look....umm..... Delicious!!
Old 10th October 2012, 16:04   #11
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2012 at 10:15.
sridhar24 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th October 2012, 03:12   #12
BHPian

Nice! I was lucky enough to see this car in person at an auto show before the crash. Now I hope ZR brings the new avatar of this beauty over to the west coast

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post1481609
Old 11th October 2012, 05:17   #13
BHPian

The rear brake calipers have been repositioned from forward of the axle to the rear? Maybe better, the rear whels will have more bite due to the weight of the calipers.
Old 11th October 2012, 06:21   #14
BHPian

Wish the car never started. Looks uglier than ever. Any gleaning red enzo over this yellow thing anyday.
Old 25th September 2014, 23:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

..and here is the whole story

Scorcher is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks