Team-BHP - 2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/108138-2013-chevy-malibu-camry-accord-passat-go-hide.html)

My My! The Chevy Malibu just storms the rivals out of its way in the looks department. Even though the front looks very identical to the younger sibling, Cruze, the Camaro-esque rear is nothing like that of its boring competitors. Please GM, bring this to India. Please!
2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-1213986311559208639.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-1325111409783662783.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-848400453246163821.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-14052184851337295356.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-4209649081007160139.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-1664206964174022078.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-13481254441224709418.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-11299906391050348669.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-1134651175565074805.jpg

2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-202979439287758904.jpg

The Mill
Quote:

Set to go on sale next year, the sedan will feature a next-generation Ecotec four-cylinder engine. It will displace 2.5-liters and have an output of approximately 190 hp (142 kW / 193 PS) and 180 lb-ft (250 Nm) of torque.
Besides being more powerful than the current 2.4-liter unit, the engine promises greater efficiency thanks to a variable-displacement oil pump, an actively controlled thermostat and an all-new combustion system. GM also says the mill will be "one of the quietest and most refined engines in the segment" because of an acoustic intake manifold cover and inverted-tooth camshaft chains.
2013 Chevy Malibu - Camry, Accord, Passat go hide!-1040612845297374578.jpg
Source

@ Scorher... Thanks for sharing

The car looks good, but has striking resemblance to Cruze and the headlights remind me of the Laura.

The rear is super macho, but kind of boxy.

The car is definetely a looker, I think though the window lines should have been in black and not crome, wheels and interiors look good too. Center console going all the way to the gear nob seems to the new standard, however it may not always be best for a really tall driver unless the car is really wide.

The tail lights looks to be a evolution of Camaro's rear lights.

Absolutely gorgeous !!!!!
About the only thing out of place seems to be the faux wood. Black/Dark faux wood would be so much better. Even a metallic or a fake carbon-fibre trim should look good.

Is it me or does someone else also think there is more than a hint of the current merc c class?:Shockked:

The 2nd,2nd last and the last pics.Imagine a mercedes grill,c class OE alloys and omit some of the chrome here and there.Cant you see a c class now?Wish i was good at photoshop or else i could have clarified it a lot better.

Take a look,doesnt a C stare back at you?lol:

Although the Malibu is primarily meant for the North-American market, we might just expect the brand new 8th gen Malibu to be introduced on a global scale. Chevrolet aims at introducing the Malibu in 100 countries, in 6 different continents. Fingers crossed!

It looks to be a great car. The design is clean, uncluttered, with simple lines and some nice touches here and there. A lot depends on how it would perform. We should expect it to be a stable and solid highway mile-muncher. A diesel variant would boost sales, as expected.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that Chevrolet aren't going to bring this to India anytime soon. Why? Well, they carry a lot of baggage at the moment. The Aveo siblings are in a desperate need for a makeover. The new Aveo is on its way, and should be expected in a years time. The Cruze might get an update in a years time, or so. A new engine and some equipment will be the change. The Captiva will be getting a face-lift as well and that's not too far away.

So it looks like Chevrolet has got its hands full for the time being.

Once the new cars in the pipeline have managed to get a foot-hold in the Indian market, and the Chevrolet Malibu is established in some markets like South Africa, China, etc, only then can we expect the Malibu to make it here. And this should take 3 years, if not more, IMO. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2514001)
Unfortunately, I have a feeling that Chevrolet aren't going to bring this to India anytime soon. Why? Well, they carry a lot of baggage at the moment. The Aveo siblings are in a desperate need for a makeover. The new Aveo is on its way, and should be expected in a years time. The Cruze might get an update in a years time, or so. A new engine and some equipment will be the change. The Captiva will be getting a face-lift as well and that's not too far away.

So it looks like Chevrolet has got its hands full for the time being.

Once the new cars in the pipeline have managed to get a foot-hold in the Indian market, and the Chevrolet Malibu is established in some markets like South Africa, China, etc, only then can we expect the Malibu to make it here. And this should take 3 years, if not more, IMO. :)

I agree with this. If anything, Chevrolet should be looking to enhance sales of their existing products. Captive & Cruze are promising products, but still far from best sellers in their segments.

By going higher up in the segment Chevrolet has formidable competition to take on, and considering their clout presently in India that would be an uphill task.

Chevy Malibu kind of looks too American.Its too blingy and chintzy.The interiors are poor quality stuff,just have a look at the steering boss.A luxury car buyer gives prime importance to perceived quality and refinement.

BTW a car is not bought only by its looks,if that was the case then Fiat Punto would have been the best seller in the country what with Maserati esque looks,there are other considerations too.The Accord and the Camry are best sellers in the USA because they are good quality and Japanese.The Volkswagen Passat beats this absolutely with its perceived quality.

As far as the Malibu doing well in India I am not too sure.It could attract a niche market wanting to buy something different.However there are lot of quality cars in this segment and Chevy could find the going tough.If looks are of great importance the upcoming Peugeot 508 would be a great pick,it looks absolutely ravishing and has fantastic interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascari (Post 2518069)
Chevy Malibu kind of looks too American.Its too blingy and chintzy.The interiors are poor quality stuff,just have a look at the steering boss.A luxury car buyer gives prime importance to perceived quality and refinement.

Chevy and Luxury!! If I am not wrong, Chevy happens to be GMs entry level brand. They might have plans to sell in 100 countries across the world but the main market will still be US. Malibu's selling price being between $20K-$30K. The car is classed in the mid size segment and this is the most competed segment in US and is comparable (importance and sale %) with the small car segment in India or the compact segment in Europe. The quality looks fine for the segment it would compete in.

Reviving this thread again. Seen this car being displayed in various malls in and around Dubai. The car looks great and seems to be real value for money. More than the exterior I love the interior of the car, as it seems to be well laid out, with enough gizmo's and looks quite futuristic.

Further, it is available at a very attractive pricing point of around AED 80,000 (Roughly 12 L INR) for the base variant.

More details on pricing and equipment features:

Pricing:Standard powertrain and chassis content:
Standard exterior content:Standard interior content:Standard safety content:Uplevel features:
In addition to the content included on LS models, Eco, LT and LTZ models addOn 2LT, 3LT and LTZ models, an available advanced safety package adds Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning. A leather package for Eco (2SA) and LT (2LT/3LT) adds leather-trimmed seating and heated front seats.
On LTZ, the following features are also standard:An available premium package on the LTZ adds passive entry/keyless access, push-button starting, high-intensity discharge headlamps and driver’s memory seat and mirrors. Nineteen-inch wheels are also available.

Exterior Colors:Interior Color/Trim Choices:

I just realized that the Malibu's dashboard has a lot of Corvette in it. Very cool! And I really like that posterior too! :D It almost looks like a Camaro Sedan that's been toned down a bit on purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascari (Post 2518069)

IIRC, that's a corporate steering wheel meaning its shared by all cars like Sonic, Cruze, Camaro etc

2013 Chevy Malibu Eco - Most disliked car of the year (so far)

Fortune reports,

Quote:

the new Malibu Eco has been taking its fair amount of guff these days
over its cramped rear seats, unimpressive fuel economy and lackluster driving dynamics. It has earned, what Taylor calls, the "most disliked car of the year (so far)" title. The unflattering label is admittedly based purely on the author's overview of the vehicle's reception among the media thus far, but there's probably something to his thoughts. The mild-hybrid Chevrolet left us scratching our heads when we compared it to the brand's own Cruze Eco in our review, a car that is actually larger in many dimensions while being far less expensive.

Chevy Malibu Eco: Most disliked car of the year (so far) - Jul. 11, 2012