Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:41   #1
BHPian

Clarkson says this year's Top Gear Christmas special will be in India

This is just too exciting! I was just thinking the other day, while going over some old episodes of TG, that they should come to India for a specials episode. I wonder what might the challenges be, considering they will be driving in India.

Quote:

Jeremy Clarkson has let slip what viewers can look forward to in terms of this year's Top Gear Christmas Special. As it turns out, James May, Richard Hammond and the curly-haired host are taking to India for filming this year. At this point, it's unclear exactly what the trio will get up to in the Asian country, but given that Clarkson hasn't had kind things to say about the area in the past, we're all but guaranteed some sort of multi-cultural dust up. Previously, Jezza has called the country's roads a "war zone." Clearly, he hasn't seen what passes for a network of streets in Detroit.

Last year, the Top Gear crew drew the ire of both Muslims and Christians after the trio were filmed wearing the traditional Muslim hijab and depicted the birth of Christ with a baby Stig in a manger. At least they're an equal opportunity offender. Head over the UK's WitneyTV to watch the full Clarkson interview talk about India, along with what stars he'd most like to see in the show's Reasonably Priced Car.

News Source: Andhra News via WitneyTV

Originally Posted: Clarkson says this year's Top Gear Christmas special will be in India

Regards,
n:CorE is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Clarkson says this year's Top Gear Christmas special will be in India

Let us then prepare our selves to get a taste of jeremys real uncool statements about our very on country.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:03   #3
BHPian

He is known for his foot in the mouth moments and im sure he will have one in India as well..but what the heck, its sure to be a laugh.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that the TG threesome are coming to India. I look forward to their thrills and occasional, hilarious jabs on the local conditions.

We should always take their comments in a lighter vein.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:42   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking forward to this, actually.
muchos fun, it will be!
And for anyone who enjoys TG, dont be a hypocrite and take his statements to offend.

Is this the james bond effect?
(heard 007 is also being shot in india for a bit)

(Although some "factions" are sure to create a bandh at some places where they go.But i dont think this segment of population even knows how to read/write, so could be slightly safe)
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:49   #6
BHPian

Guess they will be at the new F1 track. Saw some promo in BBC entertainment about that, but don't remember the message exactly.
Daewood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Guess they will be at the new F1 track. Saw some promo in BBC entertainment about that, but don't remember the message exactly.
F1 trek? Oh no, I want them to do something like a Manali-Leh road trip for an India Special episode. And what better car can it be for them to drive other than a good old Amby. I really wish that they would do something drastic like they've done for all those special episodes. Anyway, somehow I'm getting the feeling that many section of people will get agitated with Clarkson's comments.
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:07   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
F1 trek? Oh no, I want them to do something like a Manali-Leh road trip for an India Special episode. And what better car can it be for them to drive other than a good old Amby. I really wish that they would do something drastic like they've done for all those special episodes. Anyway, somehow I'm getting the feeling that many section of people will get agitated with Clarkson's comments.
Clarkson already drove an amby(i think), and a 1st gen 800 in calcutta ages back, when he was solo.

he especially likes our driving tests...
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:21   #9
BHPian

I remember Clarkson visiting India way back when i was in school in a show called 'Jeremy Clarkson's Motor world'. That was when he went around the world testing cars from different countries. The episode in Italy was not surprisingly my favorite, that was where i fell in love with the Ferrari 456GT, still think it's a beautiful car even though its been mostly forgotten.
In India i remember him driving shotgun in an open top Mahindra talking to his co driver about why indians drive the way they do. 'Karma' is why the guy explained, 'if it's your day to die than there is nothing that you can do about it & if u kill somebody else than it was his day to die!!'
Frankazoid!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear JC is coming he's gonna rib us no end and will also take a great dig at us. What I want to do is let him loose in an auto in Ranganathan Street, T'Nagar, and wait and see if he survives and what he has to say, if he does survive, will be real enjoyable. I have subscribed for TG on You Tube and get it in my mailbox as soon as it's aired.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 22nd September 2011 at 17:29.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:39   #11
BHPian

I am excited. It could easily be the best Top Gear cheap car road-trip ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Good to hear JC is coming he's gonna rib us no end and will also take a great dig at us. What I want to do is let him loose in an auto in Ranganathan Street, T'Nagar, and wait and see if he survives and what he has to say, if he does survive, will be real enjoyable. I have subscribed for TG on You Tube and get it in my mailbox as soon as it's aired.
The videos on their YouTube channel are just short clips not complete episodes, And are usually uploaded a month or so after a season finished airing in the UK.
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

I too remember Top gear's country specific episodes where Jerermy came to India and drove a ambassador.He said "I kinda of like this car" Well that was years ago let's see what he drives this time and has to say about the Indian car scene.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 22nd September 2011 at 21:46.
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:04   #13
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2011 at 19:06.
puneet_b is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankazoid!!! View Post
I remember Clarkson visiting India way back when i was in school in a show called 'Jeremy Clarkson's Motor world'. That was when he went around the world testing cars from different countries.
In India i remember him driving shotgun in an open top Mahindra talking to his co driver about why indians drive the way they do. 'Karma' is why the guy explained, 'if it's your day to die than there is nothing that you can do about it & if u kill somebody else than it was his day to die!!'
I saw that series and still remembers vividly. On that open top Mahindra he said that it is the worst car he has ever driven in the entire world. Can you guess, that co driver was Hormazd Sorabjee who was then with Auto India mag. That episode did show the delivery of a new Amby and the drive off through lemons placed in front of all four wheels. (I had posted about the open jeep drive in some other thread too some time back)

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd September 2011 at 23:23.
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:33   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Let us then prepare our selves to get a taste of jeremys real uncool statements about our very on country.
Jeremy Clarkson has his own sense of humour! He criticizes Britain too,that does not mean he hates Britain.Lot of Petrolheads enjoy his way of presenting an autoshow.Common Topgear would not be what it is today without JC.

Welcome to our country TG!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks