Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2013, 10:36   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift

More on the facelift!

The most noticeable change is the new front grill that brings the Skoda Superb closer to the European Rapid and the newly launched 2013 Skoda Octavia.
SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift-skodasuperbfacelift.jpg

The new black and chrome logo sits on the bonnet and forms the originating point for the characteristic central ridge that runs all the way to the windshield.

Media reports suggest that the Superb facelift would sport LED daytime running lights. The front bumper features new fog lamps and the air dam gets new mesh detailing.

Source:IAB
Old 18th February 2013, 01:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
It is a mod job. If official proto, it would have Pune or aurangabad plates. If you look at bumper it clearly shows signs of the number plate recess having been filled in
Now that you mention yes I can see a slight recess..must say quite a good job done though. And also respect the dude for going the length to improve the not so attractive rear of the otherwise gorgeous looking car. Although I would have preferred if the new recess and license plate were slightly lower. Guess this pic deserves a slot in the mod jobs thread.
Old 18th February 2013, 11:41   #48

Gentlemen,

How soon is this upgrade due? I am contemplating buying a Superb TSI soon and would like to buy the upgraded one if it's due shortly. WOuld appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 14:27   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmishh View Post
Gentlemen,

How soon is this upgrade due? I am contemplating buying a Superb TSI soon and would like to buy the upgraded one if it's due shortly. WOuld appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
By the time this hits India it will earliest by diwali(highly doubt) or early 2014.

A friend is in the same situation as you now, have advised him to go ahead with the current version as the facelift will not be all that much different.

Btw, what discounts have you been offerred on the 1.8TSI?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2013, 16:48   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
By the time this hits India it will earliest by diwali(highly doubt) or early 2014.

A friend is in the same situation as you now, have advised him to go ahead with the current version as the facelift will not be all that much different.

Btw, what discounts have you been offerred on the 1.8TSI?
Thanks for the advice, Sahil. So far I have been offered 1.25 lacs by one dealer and 1.25 lacs+17.5K Corporate discount by another in Mumbai/Thane. However, this is further negotiable, I'm sure. But I'll be leasing this and in that case the discount will be lower by 10 K, I'm told as insurance will not be done thru the dealer.

What kind of discounts is your friend getting and where is he based?
Old 20th February 2013, 16:58   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmishh View Post

What kind of discounts is your friend getting and where is he based?
Ditto. Seems like the dealers have formed a cartel. They aren't letting him buy the skoda shield unless insurance is done via them also.
Old 20th March 2013, 11:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

This New Superb seems the likely facelift that is going to hit soon -

SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift-skodasuperbfaceliftrendering.jpg

The rendering is close to the real car since the image incorporates changes that were noticed in the front bumper image leak months ago.

Note from Mod: The vehicle has been officially unveiled. Please continue the discussion in this new thread on the topic : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...bi-europe.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2013 at 18:28. Reason: Adding link to new thread...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks