Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2011, 17:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift

The Superb facelift spotted undergoing tests at the Alps. Seems the flagship Skoda is joing the DRL clan.
Quote:
New bumpers, front lights with led-daydriving lights and rear light with leds are part of the package. The interior is already so good in the Superb today, but we still suspect they will come with some minor updates.
Source
SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift-2012skodasuperbfacelift1.jpg

SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift-2012skodasuperbfacelift2.jpg

Name:  2012SkodaSuperbFacelift3.jpg
Views: 12397
Size:  49.0 KB

SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift-2012skodasuperbfacelift4.jpg

You see in this pic that the Laura (LHS) is also masked, does that mean that it is also getting the DRL job/facelift?
SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift-2012skodasuperbfacelift5.jpg

Last edited by Scorcher : 25th September 2011 at 17:05.
Scorcher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 17:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Skoda Superb Facelift

Bump up the wheel well size to say fit 22" wheels and you will mistake it for a Bentley from the side profile, what huge overhangs what a slab sided barge.
Old 25th September 2011, 17:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Front styling will now resemble the MissionL concept. Guess they're doing the MissionL treatment to Laura as well.
Old 25th September 2011, 20:28   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Front styling will now resemble the MissionL concept. Guess they're doing the MissionL treatment to Laura as well.
With the Camouflage on, how did you make out the Mission L type styling? My guess is- this is just a minor midlife facelift, most probably just limited to lights.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 23:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Can someone identify that camouflaged vehicle ahead of the Superb in the 4th pic?
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2011, 08:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

What kind of camouflaging is this when only the front and rear are covered?

But expecting something more from Skoda will be fruitless since the recent upgrades of Fabia have revealed that the upgrades do come with actually the downgrades in features. Hope thats not the case with Superb.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:00   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

It begs for LED tail lights which are already present on the Chinese version.

It will be a while before this facelift is launched here since it is still in testing stages in foreign lands.
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Scoop - The New Superb 2012 model (with the price hike) is coming additionally with KESS (Keyless entry with Start Stop Button) in the Elegance trim. Rest all is exactly same as before. Also a new stripped down Ambition trim is being launched without the Sunroof, Bi Xenon cornering headlamps, 6.5" touchscreen system, Bluetooth, ESP, Hill Hold Descent feature. Their new website was ON today during the day for 2 hours detailing the New Ambition and Elegance trim. As soon as I talked to my dealer, within 1 hour it was back to the previous one. Maybe because they wanted to clear the stocks of the previous version before launching this one.

Ex Showroom / On Road prices (UP) of SUPERB 2012 -
Ambition 1.8TFSI MT - 18,40,015 (On road 20,09,486)
Elegance 1.8TFSI MT - 20,02,859 (22,07,566)
Elegance 1.8TFSI AT - 21,55,517 (23,52,605)
Ambition 2.0TDI AT - 22,98,015 (25,07,560)
Elegance 2.0TDI AT - 24,50,681 (26,73,585)
Elegance 3.6TFSI - 28,46,053 (31,03,551)

PS - Read the review of the new Sonata today and promptly booked my SUPERB Petrol MT (model 2012 but trim 2011) immediately (at a killer on road price of 18.4 lacs) to avoid the excise duty hike. Car is on the way from the plant and delivery on Sunday. Await the detailed ownership review. The Superb still seems the car to beat with the overall lush feel till the Camry gets launched in September.

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd March 2012 at 23:42.
dkaile is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:52   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hope they rectify the issues with the 7-speed DSG 'box in this face-lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What kind of camouflaging is this when only the front and rear are covered?

But expecting something more from Skoda will be fruitless since the recent upgrades of Fabia have revealed that the upgrades do come with actually the downgrades in features. Hope thats not the case with Superb.
Hold on, it's just a face-lift. If there are going to be minor changes, camouflaging the entire car isn't really necessary. NEW generations of the same car are generally completely camouflaged.

The face-lifted Fabia was toned-down for the Indian market. They may have skimped on features, but they have localized a fair bit in order to keep the costs down and the price of the car on the road. It has worked too.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Scoop -
PS - Read the review of the new Sonata today and promptly booked my SUPERB Petrol MT (model 2012 but trim 2011) immediately (at a killer on road price of 18.4 lacs) to avoid the excise duty hike. Car is on the way from the plant and delivery on Sunday. Await the detailed ownership review. The Superb still seems the car to beat with the overall lush feel till the Camry gets launched in September.
On road price of 18.4 lakhs! That's an amazing deal! Congratulations! I guess they will run away with the market if they price is lower after removing some bells & whistles!

BTW, what did you read about the new Sonata today which made you change your mind (I presume you were waiting for the Sonata launch to decide which car to buy)?
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:25   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Ex Showroom / On Road prices (UP) of SUPERB 2012 -
Ambition 1.8TFSI MT - 18,40,015 (On road 20,09,486)
Elegance 1.8TFSI MT - 20,02,859 (22,07,566)
Quote:

Does he saying that he got his SUPERB -Elegance Petrol MT for SUPERB-Ambition Petrol MT Ex Showroom price ? or i'm missing something.

Dkaile post in VIN Section
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
On road price of 18.4 lakhs! That's an amazing deal! Congratulations! I guess they will run away with the market if they price is lower after removing some bells & whistles!

BTW, what did you read about the new Sonata today which made you change your mind (I presume you were waiting for the Sonata launch to decide which car to buy)?
I somehow did not like the interiors. There was a distinct lack of many features and plushness from the Superb. Though the New Sonata does have additionally rear view camera and Rear ventilated seats, it lacks on many other things. Plus the Superb is now a tested product and I have received very positive feedback from 2 very close relative/friends who are owners of the Petrol version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Does he saying that he got his SUPERB -Elegance Petrol MT for SUPERB-Ambition Petrol MT Ex Showroom price ? or i'm missing something.

Dkaile post in VIN Section
That's exactly what I am saying. I got the Elegance Petrol MT but its with the 2011 trim and just misses the additional KESS. Rest the car is exactly the same as the post budget increased price version in which I would have needed to pay an additional 2 lacs just for the KESS (taking into account the excise hike and reduced discounts). 18.4 lacs is my ON ROAD price with Uttaranchal registration with Skoda Shield which includes 2+2 year/1 lac km extended warranty + 0% depreciation insurance + 24 hour road assistance. I got around 1.6L discount on the pre-budget price list. Best of all is that it will be registed as a 2012 Make vehicle in the registration book as per discussions with my dealer.

And thanks to you for decoding the VIN details which says its a 2012 Model assembled on 09.12.2011. And who knows that it just "might" come with the KESS too as its Model Year says 2012 (probability of this happening is very low though). Will come to know that on Saturday when the vehicle drops off at the dealer.

Last edited by dkaile : 23rd March 2012 at 11:33.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:57   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Plus the Superb is now a tested product and I have received very positive feedback from 2 very close relative/friends who are owners of the Petrol version.
The 7 speed DSG in 1.8 TSI is problematic, other variants are reliable.
Old 23rd March 2012, 14:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
The 7 speed DSG in 1.8 TSI is problematic, other variants are reliable.
Even though all such issues were rectified post mid 2010, I have gone in for a MT because as the saying goes "I love manual transmissions"
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:28   #15
BHPian

The side profile of tyres reminds me of the Rolls Royce ones. Also i heard a rumor that the headlights same as of superb will be introduced for the laura and fabia as a face lift. I don't know how much it is true but if it is true it will be a very good and aggressive styling for laura and fabia both.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks