Team-BHP - Acura accepts RL is a sales flop
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Acura accepts RL is a sales flop (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/10904-acura-accepts-rl-sales-flop.html)

Acura has accepted that it's flagship RL model needs help. Sales are down 25% and customers don't seem too enthusiastic about the recently redesigned model. Problem areas are absence of a V8 and the avaliablity with only one model option which comes fully loaded with sat nav and even AWD. Expect correction in model range and maybe even price in the next few months.

The reason for the poll is that one of the reasons cited for the sales meltdown is that Acura doesn't have the brand image to sell a 50K product. Lets leave the Germans out of this. If having to choose between the two Japanese luxury cars, which would you choose? The Acura RL or the Lexus LS. North Americans seem to have answered this question. Which of these has the brand pull for you?

My boss in USA has the 2005 RL and I had a 2001 TL, so I am voting for Acura.

A honda engine does it for me,anyday!

I'd pick the RL coz of its sportier looks,younger appeal and features.
Interiors of both cars are very plush but the RL has a much fresher look to it with the aluminium inserts,sport dials,etc.
On the exteriors the the Lexus looses out coz of its "old-man-luxury-car"look where as the Acura looks sport and aggresive.
Besides the RL packs 12 more horses and last but not the least Paddle Shifters!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil
I'd pick the RL coz of its sportier looks,younger appeal and features.
Interiors of both cars are very plush but the RL has a much fresher look to it with the aluminium inserts,sport dials,etc.
On the exteriors the the Lexus looses out coz of its "old-man-luxury-car"look where as the Acura looks sport and aggresive.
Besides the RL packs 12 more horses and last but not the least Paddle Shifters!!

Actually I also like the TSX as well coz of its sporty stance. But having owned an GS before ,I would opt for the Lexus.

Quote:

last but not the least Paddle Shifters
Wow. Seem to be quite common, these days.

Few years down, Tat will bring a sports Indica variant with paddle-shifters. :D

When it comes to Japanese Luxury cars i would choose a Lexus anyday.
Though the Honda(Acura) might make better engines and may look sporty, but it can't match a lexus as a luxury car.

"Acura RL" has to be the baby for me man. 3.5 ltr V6 with 300bhp n SH-AWD.

Who cares if it isn't selling. The NHC has been by far, the highest selling Honda in India but ask an enthusiast and he'l tell you that it would be the last Honda, he'd choose for a track day or a fast drive.

Shan2nu

RL is crap...the new LS is far far out of its league and let me not even get into the Infinit M45 sport which is a far better drive than the RL..so RL is thumbs down..and a bad looker at that..LS and M get thumbs up.