Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 12:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Skoda YETI concept - anyone interested?

The Yeti Facelift supposed to hit the markets in 2013 -

New Skoda YETI concept - anyone interested?-skodayetifacelift2013.jpg

Source - http://www.autozeitung.de/auto-neuhe...i-citigo-rapid
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 12:29   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Though this is not bad, for me, the front looks of the current Yeti are good, it's the abrupt boxy finish at the back that they need to attend to.

BTW, this photo is also making rounds on the internet as upcoming Skoda Polar (not sure how true that is)...
Old 26th December 2012, 13:44   #48
Senior - BHPian

Looks to me that only the front got a refresh. They seem to have completely ignored the back.
Good thing is, the fogs on this one look much better, than the one's available on the currenty gen Yeti.
Old 26th December 2012, 14:36   #49
BHPian

Should we expect this to be available in Indian market during the calendar year 2013? But Skoda should try and price it around Rs. 12L which may not be possible.
Old 27th December 2012, 10:56   #50
BHPian

If that's what the 2013 Yeti is going to be, I am so happy for not having waited for it. To me the Yeti has lost its original character by loosing it's bug-eyed lamps that made it so very conspicuous and quirky.

The new fog lamps appear to be a bit too 'sedan' like. To me the original design accentuates a 'take-me-anywhere' attitude. That includes the boxy rear as well. A curving boot is most typically balanced with a coupe like roof line, which again to me would have made it look, as I said before, even more SEDAN like. Imagine a Jeep wrangler or a Hum-V loosing its boxy looks. They would look so tamed down.

To me, none of the premium car makers have succeeded in creating a design language in their SUV platforms that highlight the fact that they are distinctly different from their sedans. Despite being in a lesser league, Skoda had succeeded in doing that with the Yeti. I hope, their design engineers are able to continue with that ethos in their newer generation make-overs and models (like the snowman)
Old 27th December 2012, 12:32   #51
Team-BHP Support

I really like the Mission D design philosophy that the new Skodas are adopting. Both the Octavia and the Yeti look much better in the new guise.

On pure looks the Yeti gets a thumbs up from me. Whether it will succeed is another matter - I still don't think its cracked the sweet spot on the whole footprint to price to value formula that customers are looking for. Not sure if Skoda will address that with the new design. I also think a 4x2 AT version will have its own set of takers. They should explore the AT variants across the board to widen appeal of the vehicle.

PS: I like the first page pic of the white yeti much more than the red yeti on page 4. Don't know which is the correct revised version.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th December 2012 at 12:34.
Old 27th December 2012, 22:40   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto View Post
If that's what the 2013 Yeti is going to be, I am so happy for not having waited for it. To me the Yeti has lost its original character by loosing it's bug-eyed lamps that made it so very conspicuous and quirky.

The new fog lamps appear to be a bit too 'sedan' like. To me the original design accentuates a 'take-me-anywhere' attitude. That includes the boxy rear as well. A curving boot is most typically balanced with a coupe like roof line, which again to me would have made it look, as I said before, even more SEDAN like. Imagine a Jeep wrangler or a Hum-V loosing its boxy looks. They would look so tamed down.

To me, none of the premium car makers have succeeded in creating a design language in their SUV platforms that highlight the fact that they are distinctly different from their sedans. Despite being in a lesser league, Skoda had succeeded in doing that with the Yeti. I hope, their design engineers are able to continue with that ethos in their newer generation make-overs and models (like the snowman)
Couldn't agree with you more xplorauto, It looks like Skoda is trying to create like another "Jetta"ish looking car with high GC.

Skoda,stick to the original design and work on an AT version and please price this sensibly.

Last edited by vishygk : 27th December 2012 at 22:40. Reason: punctuation
Old 31st December 2012, 13:27   #53
BHPian

Looks Nice, but has lost the definitive bugeye look.
Is it bigger than the current one and most importantly when does this come to India ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks