Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2011, 00:42   #1
BHPian

Clarksons Best Cars of 2011

I knew I should have put in a order..........

!
Old 19th November 2011, 01:08   #2
BHPian

Re: Clarksons Best Cars of 2011

You need to watch the full dvd before banging your head like that.

He's Clarkson. He's a different. He has got his own reasons for loving these cars. The 535d is the best car from the year 2011 (best perhaps meant practical here) while the 1M is the most fun car you can have from this year.

The back-up reason for choosing the 1M is,"With too many performance cars these days, too much emphasis is placed on how fast they can go around a corner and not how much you can have in the process"

I echo the same thoughts as well. While people rubbish and claim Clarkson's testing methods to be nothing but utter crap, I think I will never buy a GT-R ever, if for instance I had that kind of money. This guy makes sense to me.

PS: Sorry for being a killjoy if you hadn't watched the new dvd yet.
Old 19th November 2011, 02:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Clarksons Best Cars of 2011

So what Clarkson does in front of his audience is different. His approach is eccentric.

While other automotive magazines and TV shows list out the positives and negatives of the car based on facts and figures, and make a report-card where they balance out everything and give you a review that generally is tilted in favour of the newest car, Clarkson and Top Gear test cars based on pure instinct. What Clarkson does is, he puts forth the facts and figures or you to see, and then completely rubbishes it and gives you the low-down.

Few would do that.

Most Viewed